PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Smashmouth. Outstanding article from Tomase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomase does it again. I'm telling you, people, the guy works his tail off. He and Reiss are easing the pain of Curran slipping away. And we can still read Curran on nbc.com

This was one of the best articles that I've read from Tomase!

Good stuff, thanks for the link.

patsox23 said:
Tomase does it again. I'm telling you, people, the guy works his tail off. He and Reiss are easing the pain of Curran slipping away. And we can still read Curran on nbc.com

I've been a big critic of his "get the scoop and get the facts later style", but I have to give him props.

He has been writing the best football articles for a while now.

I agree RayClay. During the off-season I thought Tomase was about to stray down the Felger/Borges Boulevard of Shame, but he's impressing the hell out of me recently.

This is a first class piece of sports journalism. Hannah and Brock offer brilliant insight into the battle in trenches.

Kudos to Tomase for going to them, and for letting them tell the story.

Last edited:
A very nice "football" essay. Well done.

A semi-minor critique John: Britt, Hochstein, and Kaczur provide Brock's "fist" with some pretty effective extra digits - Britt's performance in Cincinnati highlight's the type of effort we've come to expect from the offensive line depth. Perhaps a quibble, but this fan enjoys looking at the tradition created by reserve players of the previous Belichick/Pioli squads - from Brady/Bruschi, Hochstein/Poteat, to the legend of Troy Brown - that is the essence of "Patriot" football. Not to mention how handy it is to have a roll of dimes in your fist...:)

This is one of the best threads I've seen here in a while
The article by Thomase is a must read for all fans-
The best part was that there was correlation to the good ole days in the early 80's with Hannah, Brock, Tatupu, Collins etc.
Those were great times....as is this season too!
Very hands-on-Thanks for posting!

Even though I am a BIG detractor on Tomase, he did a pretty decent job on this article. Now, if he could string a few of these together and stop acting like Ron Borges or Mike Felger, he'd might actually turn into a legitimate reporter who is worth reading on a regular basis.

RayClay said:
I've been a big critic of his "get the scoop and get the facts later style", but I have to give him props.

I've noticed a few people say that here. What are you referring to? As I see it, he was right about Bruschi (late last year and this year) and, when it is just based on rumblings, he says so.

DaBruinz said:
Even though I am a BIG detractor on Tomase, he did a pretty decent job on this article. Now, if he could string a few of these together and stop acting like Ron Borges or Mike Felger, he'd might actually turn into a legitimate reporter who is worth reading on a regular basis.

AGAIN, how on EARTH do you people lump him in with Borges and Felger??? Reporters sometimes report stuff we don't like, but that hardly makes him an agenda-driven B.S. artist like those two.

i agree too. a very good article

wow that really was an amazing article

DaBruinz said:

He does it again this morning with an article on Wesley Britt and his #1fan Hanna!!! Both being Alabama boys. Nice job John! Two in a row and I'm starting to think I've been over critical!

Tomase seems to be one of the guys who learns fast. IIRC, Michael Smith was ghastly at first, and got decent pretty quickly thereafter. Tomase seems to be on an even steeper curve.

patsox23 said:
I've noticed a few people say that here. What are you referring to? As I see it, he was right about Bruschi (late last year and this year) and, when it is just based on rumblings, he says so.

If there is anything of a medical nature, I wait for Reiss. Tomase speculates om medical problems he doesn't understand.

Can't get to the articles from last year, but the fact that Bruschi played with the "serious calf tear" that might end his season, shows that Tomase reported more than he knew or understood.

Fortunately, some posters here knew tha a calf strain is actually a slight tear.

That's what he had and was back in a week or two.

He tends to be very sensational on these breaking stories and plays very loose with the facts.

His feature stories this year have been great. For breaking news, I wait for the reporter who has the facts, or the patience to fact check. That's Reiss.

PatsChick87 said:
He does it again this morning with an article on Wesley Britt and his #1fan Hanna!!! Both being Alabama boys. Nice job John! Two in a row and I'm starting to think I've been over critical!

I saw that and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down