PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brush With Greatness - I Can't Stop Smiling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was watching my daughter's (two of them) soccer game many years ago, standing by myself near the goal line. A man came and stood near me to also watch the game whom I assumed was a dad of one of the players on the other team. We soon started talking and spent time chatting about the game, benefits for our daughters, just two dads watching their daughters play soccer. After about 15 minutes a child came to him and asked if he was Garth Brooks, and he was. To this day, my daughters remind me of how clueless I was, not knowing I was talking with Garth.

So...

He was the last one show
you were the last one to know
the last guy you thought you'd see there?

So...

He was the last one show
you were the last one to know
the last guy you thought you'd see there?
Something like that

I saw Ernie coming out of Spy Gear R Us carrying Bugging Locker Rooms for Dummies

While being totally unfamous mystelf, I've had a bunch of brushes with greatness over my long eclectic life. When I was a teacher in the 70's I spent my summers and vacations working the Boston Bar scene as a bouncer, bartender and doorman. At Brandy's 1, I served drinks to Bonnie Raitt when she played there (Did you know her at BU, @Jocker?). I was also there the night Rod Stewart and Johnny Winter came and jammed after a Garden Concert til dawn.

I shared the tag football field with Randy Vataha, Tim Fox, and ML Carr. Chatted with Doug Flutie for a while when we played his brother's team, and even once played the Pats FO team under the llights in Foxboro.

I alos was head of security for Mikhail Gorbachev when he cam to the US for a 2 week speaking tour soon after the fall of the Soviet Union. After every engagement he and his entourage (about 8 people) would sit down in a hotel hospitality suite and eat and talk and actually got to talk with him (though through an interpreter). Met John Kerry (then a Senator) when he sp0ke at the capitol.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I once hat to throw Jerry Cheavesr and Wayne Cashman out of the Eastside when they crossed the line once after having way too much to drink. IIRC Bobby Orr was aslo in their group, but, as you'd expect, he was a perfect gentleman and even apologized to us when they left.

Interesting that Joker knew Aerosmith when they were doing gigs at BU. I remember when they used to play the Rat in Kenmore Square. That must have been cool.

Ernie was probably doing statistics on how many steps the average pedestrian in Coolidge Corner takes to cross the street to implement an injury free street crossing plan for Brady

I met Steve Grogan once... He was kind of a douche....came into my office to drop off a bid and was not friendly at all, wasn't even courteous...perhaps he was having a bad day, but my fondness for him when down 1000 notches after my 5 minute interaction W him...
If you got benched for Eason with potential title seasons on the line twice, you'd be grumpy too! Nevermind Dreith!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back