PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi's Calf still not healed

Status
Not open for further replies.
bruschifan1 said:
People are notoriously erroneous about Tedy's "limp". He has a certain strut that's his unique gait.... When he came over to the banner after the game he told Zip "don't worry, I'm fine!"
I breathed a sigh of relief when I read your post, Karen. There's no one who has more credibility than you when it comes to Tedy Bruschi! :)

bruschifan1 said:
People are notoriously erroneous about Tedy's "limp". He has a certain strut that's his unique gait.... When he came over to the banner after the game he told Zip "don't worry, I'm fine!"

Good point. We all know that Zip can spot a limp a mile away.

Karen, you'll be devastated that I'll be off the net Tuesday thru Feb 1st. Back in time for Detroit though.

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:
I must have missed this reading the paper this morning, but according to the Herald, Bruschi tried to play but couldn't

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=120386
I don't think that's right. He came out right before the game and was helping to lead the calisthenics. All the guys came up to him with high-fives, as if to say, "cool, you're playing". He was even announced as a starter. He looked good before the game and appeared to be keeping loose all 1st half. My take is they would have put them in if they thought they needed him. Obviously they did OK without him. :D

What's interesting is that the LB uit came out last. A ploy by BB?

Patjew said:
I don't think that's right. He came out right before the game and was helping to lead the calisthenics. All the guys came up to him with high-fives, as if to say, "cool, you're playing". He was even announced as a starter. He looked good before the game and appeared to be keeping loose all 1st half. My take is they would have put them in if they thought they needed him. Obviously they did OK without him. :D

What's interesting is that the LB uit came out last. A ploy by BB?

Hey - no one wants him to be healthy more than me... but it kindof seems like folks prefer to ignore a report of Tedy trying to run and cut, limping, shaking his head "no" and remaining on the sideline throughout the whole game.

None of that from the Globe report sounds all that great - regardless of his ability to do jumping jacks and high fives.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Karen, you'll be devastated that I'll be off the net Tuesday thru Feb 1st. Back in time for Detroit though.

WhatEVER will I do, Pissah?! I don't think I'll bother even signing on then either.... ;-)

why play him if you don't have to?

hwc said:
You know, there are shades of gray in between "being able to play" and "not being able to play". For example, Bruschi's leg might limit him to about 50% so you don't really want to play him. But, consider a hypothetical where Beisel, Brown, and Vrabel all go out with injury in the first half. Then, a Bruschi at 50% might be better than playing Hank Poteat at LB.
he was dressed, wasn't he?
and all thru the game there was this possibility that he might come in. that has to put a little buzz in the back of SOMEBODY's mind.
i suspect BB thought the game wasn't gonna turn on whether bruschi dressed in place of mike wright, heath evans, klecko, bam childress, or even bethel.

FWIW, Rodney was on Fox Sports Radio last night and said in passing, without being asked, "Bruschi will be back". He was just talking about the Patriots situation in general and said that as if it was an assumed fact.

JoeSixPat said:
Hey - no one wants him to be healthy more than me... but it kindof seems like folks prefer to ignore a report of Tedy trying to run and cut, limping, shaking his head "no" and remaining on the sideline throughout the whole game.

None of that from the Globe report sounds all that great - regardless of his ability to do jumping jacks and high fives.
Of course, but the fact that he was actually announced as part of the starting D in the stadium makes me think that he was very very (very?) close to starting and he should be out there next week.

I've been out all day, not sure if there was anything else reported on this.

Patjew said:
Of course, but the fact that he was actually announced as part of the starting D in the stadium makes me think that he was very very (very?) close to starting and he should be out there next week.

I've been out all day, not sure if there was anything else reported on this.

Let's hope so - but I just look at the announcement as classic BB misinformation... keeping Tedy a game time decision could have played a role in the Jag's last minute preparation - and having him actually annouced as a starter when obviously BB knew he wasn't confirms it

Tedy was ready to play last Saturday and he will be ready to play this Saturday.

Zuma said:
Tedy was ready to play last Saturday and he will be ready to play this Saturday.

Maybe, maybe not. Certainly to be hoped.

My question is this: will Tedy have any rust if he plays in Denver? He sat out Jacksonville, and did he totally sit out the Dolphins game, too? I know his mental powers would make this less of a concern than some other players. I won't feel good until I see him on a football field for two series in a row. If he plays and is himself, I like our chances.

shakadave said:
Maybe, maybe not. Certainly to be hoped.

My question is this: will Tedy have any rust if he plays in Denver? He sat out Jacksonville, and did he totally sit out the Dolphins game, too? I know his mental powers would make this less of a concern than some other players. I won't feel good until I see him on a football field for two series in a row. If he plays and is himself, I like our chances.
Higher Altitude = Lower Percentage of Oxygen = Reduced Oxidation Risk
..............quoted from the Logic of O'Rocks, XL edition, Patriot Publishing

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
Higher Altitude = Lower Percentage of Oxygen = Reduced Oxidation Risk
..............quoted from the Logic of O'Rocks, XL edition, Patriot Publishing

Actually the percentage of oxygen is exactly the same as at sea level- its a misnomer that there is less oxygen

What is true is that the air is thinner, and therefore one does not get as much oxygen in each breath - if you did the math on the barometric pressure at 5000 feet you'd find that the actual difference in oxygen breathed is about 3% lower

But that 3%, as anyone who has encountered such altitude changes, makes for a very big difference

That being said, if the Pats can get out there early enough to practice, they can minimize the difference by acclimating themselves

A minimum 2 days before the game would be nice

Zuma said:

Wondering where you get this information from?

Here's today's Herald... seems to me that this was a rope-a-dope all along

None of these reports sound as optimistic as most in this thread - perhaps they all have better sources than the Herald - but I would expect even Bruschi himself to go along with the subterfuge.

More postseason subterfuge: Word from the locker room was that Bruschi barely practiced last week, even though he was front and center every day, in pads, during the time the media was allowed on the field for stretching. Bruschi probably could have played in an emergency, but it looks like the idea was to rest him all along. . . .

JoeSixPat said:
Actually the percentage of oxygen is exactly the same as at sea level- its a misnomer that there is less oxygen

What is true is that the air is thinner, and therefore one does not get as much oxygen in each breath - if you did the math on the barometric pressure at 5000 feet you'd find that the actual difference in oxygen breathed is about 3% lower

But that 3%, as anyone who has encountered such altitude changes, makes for a very big difference

That being said, if the Pats can get out there early enough to practice, they can minimize the difference by acclimating themselves

A minimum 2 days before the game would be nice
Spoil Sport. :bricks:

JoeSixPat said:
Here's today's Herald... seems to me that this was a rope-a-dope all along

None of these reports sound as optimistic as most in this thread - perhaps they all have better sources than the Herald - but I would expect even Bruschi himself to go along with the subterfuge.
But this piece of it :

"Bruschi probably could have played in an emergency, but it looks like the idea was to rest him all along. . . ."

Sounds like he can very possibly play this week and holding him out was a calculated risk of winning without him and getting him healthier for this week vs. not being able to play and still being a big uncertainty this week.

I'm optimistic about #54 this week and I'm sticking with it :)

well

if i were to guess (and that's what it is, a guess). I would guess that he was dressed and ready to come in if it looked like we were in trouble and couldn't stop the jags (poor communication, ect...) I would expect him to play if he can this week and mabey it's a good thing we would play indy in the AFCC game instead of this week. (i am taking one game at a time, but just thinking out loud)

Get well Tedy!

The dog did not bark in the night...

Sherlock Holmes solved a case by observing something that DID NOT happen. The NE Patriot coaches dressed and were prepared to play Bru if necessary. They did not.

While all you are moaning and reading tea leaves about Mr. Bruschii, something unnoticed occurred.

The coaches, they handed a compliment to certain ILBs we have all felt free to dump on.

One Mr. Besiel, and one Mr. Brown. They have improved enough to play well; and is that all? No... Each was on the field with another.

A guy sometimes described as "...another coach on the field...", one Mr. Vrabel.

With him to call the coverages and position people, all these newcomers had to do was play; relieving them of this concern. And they both did play with apparent effectiveness.

It now appears the Patriots have two play callers in the middle, and four adequate ILBs!!! Bruschii is no longer the irreplaceable man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes