Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bruschi's Calf still not healed

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JoeSixPat, Jan 8, 2006.

1. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

I must have missed this reading the paper this morning, but according to the Herald, Bruschi tried to play but couldn't

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=120386

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  2. OntarioPatsFan

OntarioPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Let's all just hope he can go next weekend. No matter who we play, we need Tedy.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

We need him, although we have improved a lot around him too since midseason. Hopefully another week will be enough.
  4. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

According to BB's statement last night "Tedy was dressed and could have played if we needed him". That 'quote' is from memeory so the words may not be exact but what he said is accurate.
  5. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Well, I'm sure BB would never stretch the truth when it comes to player injuries.

:rolleyes:
  6. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I think it was something along the lines of "ppppphhtt. 'Course he could have... he was dressed wasn't he?" (just reeking of media disdain) :D
  7. OntarioPatsFan

OntarioPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I have a tough time believing anything BB mentions during press conferences are true.
  8. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't think he's 100% but why dress him if he couldn't play. IMO BB thought he could win the game without him in there. I think if on the first couple series the D was getting smoked you would have seen Bruschi come in.
  9. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

You mean he's not giving the media all the information that they ask for. I find that hard to believe.:cool:
  10. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Well, again, the Herald reports that he was dressed, hoping to play, tried to run and cut... and came up limping

I'm not surprised he didn't hit the showers and get a head start on the Rt. 1 traffic - he's a team player and might have wanted to stay just to support his team and provide a psychological ploy against the other team, even if he knew he wasn't playing

Now that being said - its one and done time. Would Bruschi had given it a go if the season depended on it and he was the team's best option? You bet.

But apparently he was far from the team's best option and/or they just didn't need him last night.
  11. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

One of the local news stations showed him doing the pre-game test of his calf at 6:15. He was in sweats and a sweat shirt. He wasn't dressed for the game yet. If they knew he wasn't going to play why not save that roster spot for one of the inactives.

And I didn't say he would leave. I pretty well sure he would have stayed on the sidelines in civilian clothes.
  12. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Guess I just assumed he was dressed at the time that he came up limping.

But I think the key information in this report is what appears to be a Herald eye witness report that he came up limping - not whether or why he was dressed.
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

Slight limp is a little less worriesome than "came up limping" especially as Bruschi has a funny walk anyway - but maybe I'm just an optimist.
  14. bruschifan1

bruschifan1 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

People are notoriously erroneous about Tedy's "limp". He has a certain strut that's his unique gait.... When he came over to the banner after the game he told Zip "don't worry, I'm fine!"
  15. groundgame

groundgame Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree, plus BB would not waste a precious active roster spot (Bruschi) for a player whose only use was for sideline duty for window dressing only. Evidently Bethel Johnson (who would have played) was a healthy inactive.
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Talk about disrespecting the Jags in that case.
  17. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

...slight limp... shaking his head no... didn't play last night

"...but aside from that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

Yeah, you're an optimist

Of course, had this been a t-shirt game, things might have been different for Tedy
  18. flutie2phelan

flutie2phelan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

One of the pleasant surprises last night ... was that the front 7 did not need Bru. Who would have thought?

And they still played within goalpost inches of a shutout!
  19. CheerforTom

CheerforTom Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Remember too, it's one of Bellichick's specialties to screw with injury reports. I think it's really consistent with his style to dress Bruschi despite him not being able to play just to make everybody think too hard (plus I'm sure Tedi wanted to be there - just like Rodney, oh yeah).

As much as it kills me to say it, I think Bruschi really is still injured to a degree where playing wasn't a good idea. Really hopefully he'll be good for next game, whereever it is.
  20. hwc

hwc Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You know, there are shades of gray in between "being able to play" and "not being able to play". For example, Bruschi's leg might limit him to about 50% so you don't really want to play him. But, consider a hypothetical where Beisel, Brown, and Vrabel all go out with injury in the first half. Then, a Bruschi at 50% might be better than playing Hank Poteat at LB.
  21. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I breathed a sigh of relief when I read your post, Karen. There's no one who has more credibility than you when it comes to Tedy Bruschi! :)
  22. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0

Disable Jersey

Good point. We all know that Zip can spot a limp a mile away.

Karen, you'll be devastated that I'll be off the net Tuesday thru Feb 1st. Back in time for Detroit though.
  23. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

#18 Jersey

I don't think that's right. He came out right before the game and was helping to lead the calisthenics. All the guys came up to him with high-fives, as if to say, "cool, you're playing". He was even announced as a starter. He looked good before the game and appeared to be keeping loose all 1st half. My take is they would have put them in if they thought they needed him. Obviously they did OK without him. :D

What's interesting is that the LB uit came out last. A ploy by BB?
  24. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Hey - no one wants him to be healthy more than me... but it kindof seems like folks prefer to ignore a report of Tedy trying to run and cut, limping, shaking his head "no" and remaining on the sideline throughout the whole game.

None of that from the Globe report sounds all that great - regardless of his ability to do jumping jacks and high fives.
  25. bruschifan1

bruschifan1 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

WhatEVER will I do, Pissah?! I don't think I'll bother even signing on then either.... ;-)
  26. ilduce06410

ilduce06410 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

why play him if you don't have to?

he was dressed, wasn't he?
    and all thru the game there was this possibility that he might come in. that has to put a little buzz in the back of SOMEBODY's mind.
    i suspect BB thought the game wasn't gonna turn on whether bruschi dressed in place of mike wright, heath evans, klecko, bam childress, or even bethel.
  27. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

FWIW, Rodney was on Fox Sports Radio last night and said in passing, without being asked, "Bruschi will be back". He was just talking about the Patriots situation in general and said that as if it was an assumed fact.
  28. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

#18 Jersey

Of course, but the fact that he was actually announced as part of the starting D in the stadium makes me think that he was very very (very?) close to starting and he should be out there next week.

I've been out all day, not sure if there was anything else reported on this.
  29. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

Let's hope so - but I just look at the announcement as classic BB misinformation... keeping Tedy a game time decision could have played a role in the Jag's last minute preparation - and having him actually annouced as a starter when obviously BB knew he wasn't confirms it
  30. Zuma

Zuma Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tedy was ready to play last Saturday and he will be ready to play this Saturday.