PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi picking Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I contend that makes me sick to my stomach that a guy that hair challenged , get to live that life. Its like Derek Jeter could have any woman and he prefers the opposite sex.

I*s that a curse or what.

So, it's really down to hate and jealousy.

Gotcha. We will place that one in your file.

Don't you find it a little odd you're commenting on a guys hair?

Really????

I find it.....well kinda.........ya know.

Hey at least I have something Brady dosen't have -Okay its lie I have the same problem as Brady without the Model Wife. Damn You tom Brady- Break his legs Richard Seymour now..

He wont try he will and DMC going for 200+!

What the hell does that mean????????????????

Seriously, I do NOT understand what you are saying.

Re-read your response and translate please.

Using the YPC method, Jeff King, Craig Ballard and Craig Stevens are currently the best TEs in the NFL.

Care to try again?

NO Three games is just too small a sample. Just like the Jets won't have the 31 run defense when the season over with.

NO Three games is just too small a sample. Just like the Jets won't have the 31 run defense when the season over with.

So the way you try again is to move the goalposts in a way to favor your argument. So, let's get rid of sample size and use your YPC metric. Career numbers:

Boss: 13.5
Gronk: 14.0

So, just using your own, ridiculous, YPC argument, which ignores all sorts of factors, Gronk is the better player.

The Patriots will beat the Raiders. I have seen all three Raiders games this year and they are very much still a work in progress. They are better than previous Raider teams but still are a "Pretender" to the thrown. They have three weakness that the Pats should easily exploit;

1) QB - Campell is a game manager at best. He would be a back up on numerous teams. He only has 3 TDs on the year.

2) Secondary - as bad as ours.

3) Receivers - they are led by a rookie.

I soooo believe in our team this week that I will go out on a limb and say if we do lose this game then we may finish 3rd in our division this year.

So the way you try again is to move the goalposts in a way to favor your argument. So, let's get rid of sample size and use your YPC metric. Career numbers:

Boss: 13.5
Gronk: 14.0

So, just using your own, ridiculous, YPC argument, which ignores all sorts of factors, Gronk is the better player.

The Point is your not beating The Raiders with just Gronk and Wes welker. Your going tio need a couple of those other weapons to step up. It sucks for you that hernandez isn't playing.

The Point is your not beating The Raiders with just Gronk and Wes welker. Your going tio need a couple of those other weapons to step up. It sucks for you that hernandez isn't playing.

If you put these two offenses together, the starters would be:

Brady
McFadden
Hernandez
Gronkowski
Light
Mankins
Connolly/Satele
Waters
Vollmer
Welker
Ford

You got it, champ. 8 Patriots, 2 Raiders, and one that's up in the air.

The 3rd down back would be Woodhead.
The 3rd wide receiver would be Branch.

Last edited:

Brady
McFadden
Hernandez
Gronkowski
Light
Mankins
Connolly/Satele
Waters
Vollmer
Welker
Ford

Enjoy all those 'weapons'.

LMao That was funny. Good you have a sense of humor. If your going to dream - Dream Bigger. You should have put Woodhead and Branch .

Last edited:
Relax, I picked the pats in "predict the score" and I've only been wrong once in the last 4 games. This did include the playoff game though, Sill waiting for the results from Alimo.:bricks:

Brady
McFadden
Hernandez
Gronkowski
Light
Mankins
Connolly/Satele
Waters
Vollmer
Welker
Ford

So true that it isn't funny.

LMao That was funny. Good you have a sense of humor.

It's not about humor. It's about who has the better players and the most "weapons".

I don't understand this sudden ESPN obsession with how great the Raiders are. Sure, I'm worried about Seymour and how well the over-hyped O-line is gonna protect Brady from actual pressure... but I don't see how they will lose this one.

The Raiders have only beaten scrub teams so far...

Denver - Already done for the season and the Raiders barely beat them

The Jets - No offense, but that defense made Tony Romo look as good as Brady for 3 and half quarters and Mark Sanchez looked as good as Romo did that night against Oakland... Shame.

The Raiders got beat by the Bills who, IMO, is an average team at best.

Just because the Pats beat themselves against the Bills(Brady was eager to get in the record books) doesn't mean it's gonna happen again. The Patriots rarely rely on the defense anymore, this defense is playing like the same trash they were last year, however the Pats and the offense managed to win 15 games. I don't see why everyone is panicking. It's not like Brady or the offense has lost any step. Chill

Tedy Bruschi just mad, because Brady stuck up for Ocho, like a true team player

Go read read this thread. It started out Gronk Versus Boss. (thats all i care about as were discussing the Patriots- raiders correct. Im just showing the fallacy of patriot fans trying to make a case because he had more receptions that makes him a better TE(no that means those stats are bogus as your Qb threw the footbal, so many more times and Obvious receptions are going to reflect that..

This is total total Bull **** if I've ever smelled it, and I'm pretty sure I was a matador in a past life.:p

Gronks numbers certainly are not padded because the patriots are a pass happy team. His numbers are so good and he's the better tight end because of his ABILITY to get open and catch the ball. His sheer size enables him to catch the ball almost anytime he's covered and he has the skill to get open like a receiver at times.

That's the reason his numbers are so good, not because they throw the ball far more than theY run. If you Watch Brady then you know his favorite target is the open one! He wouldn't throw to Gronk if he wasn't able to be productive. His numbers are so good because HE IS so good. And he's certainly better than Boss.

Than you don't understand football. Of course it matters what team throwing the football more times and whose relying on their running game. It effects the stats that you are forming your opinion especially at a position. ( this is not that difficult a concept to understand)

a Simple stats. IF Mcfadden get 325 carrys and Your Rb gets 225 attempts. You don't have to be a rocket science to figure out who will have more yards.(same Principle)

But it's not the same. When the QB drops back he has several different options to throw to. The reason he throws to Gronk and the reason Gronks numbers are so good is simply because he is such a good receiving tight end! He is good enough to get open and catch the ball nearly every time Brady throws his way......which is why Brady throws his way.

Last edited:

Brady
McFadden
Hernandez
Gronkowski
Light
Mankins
Connolly/Satele
Waters
Vollmer
Welker
Ford

So true :D

Brady
McFadden
Hernandez
Gronkowski
Light
Mankins
Connolly/Satele
Waters
Vollmer
Welker
Ford

QB- Brady
RB- DMC
FB- Reece
WR- Welker
TE- Gronk
T- Light
G- Mankins
C- Satele
G- Wiz
T- Veldheer
WR- Moore

3rd RB- Bush
3rd WR- Ford
No FB/ TE Hernandez

Last edited:
QB- Brady
RB- DMC
FB- Reece
WR- Welker
TE- Gronk
T- Light
G- Mankins
C- Satele
G- Wiz
T- Veldheer
WR- Moore

3rd RB- Bush
3rd WR- Ford
No FB/ TE Hernandez

lol :bricks:

QB- Brady
RB- DMC
FB- Reece
WR- Welker
TE- Gronk
T- Light
G- Mankins
C- Satele
G- Wiz
T- Veldheer
WR- Moore

3rd RB- Bush
3rd WR- Ford
No FB/ TE Hernandez

Please stop with the silliness. Vollmer was an All-Pro at RT last year, just to point out one ridiculously obvious screw up on your list. Bush is not a 3rd down back, just to point out another. I could continue, but those two pretty much sum it up, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST