PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi picking Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay Come back sunday night and tell me what you think. You might not believe now but I bet your opinion alot diffrent sunday night.

I think your misunderstanding - I believe that the Raiders can win the game, I don't like our defense right now and that concerns me.

That said, I'll take the Patriots - But any team can win, that’s why they play the game.

Sorry but Gronk and Hernandez are not the best TE's in the game and arn't the best run blockers. Damn good receivers but being a TE isnt a 1 dimensional thing. Maybe you feel they are because they are better then all your WR outside of Welker. Yes most teams have good All pro Lineman do I need to name teams? Is Mankins even playing or 100%?

BB is BB so what can I say to that but he ain't on the field between the numbers so... And i'm only talking about this year and what I see, you are living in the past. And right now BB isn't the best coach in the league and neither are the Pats they are very beatable. And so are we!

There are so many holes in that response, I'm going to give you a break and not embarrass you in front of this board.

On the contrary, *every* number bears that out.

Do you not understand the concept. The Giants offense revolves around the Wr's(Giants have some good ones) and the Te way down the recieving options. Now with the raiders and Jason campbell you look up the stats whereever campbell been and The te always put up big numbers. So obvious Raiders Te's are going to put up better number than Giants numbers.

Now I must admit I said something that wasn't bright. I said i guarantee you that Boss numbers would be better than Gronk by season end. That was pretty dumb as Boss is going to be the primary option at TE, while Gronk has Hernandez who going to catch an equal amount of balls as Gronk(they are splitting the receptions and that has to be taken into consideration.

Just like Raiders are a run first team and aren't going to throw it as much as the pas first Patriots. So in conclusion Boss played in Patriots system his numbers would be similiar to gronk. There is no diffrenece. The diffrence is you consider him one of your top offensive threats when we have boiss way down the chart.

Last edited:
You can't say Gronk a better reciever than Boss . The numbers don't bear that out. Let see his number this year(raiders utilize the Te more than Giants) versus gronk. I bet you Boss numbers will be better than gronk when this sason over with.

Oh PLEASE let me take that bet as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's not playing in New York any more!

Right, so by the Homer Metrics of Raider Nation - That means he's automatically better....ya know, because he has a much better QB and all... :singing:

This is freaking comical!!!!!!

I would suggest you get some of your smarter Raiders friends on the phone to help you out. Or maybe someone with access to the NFL Stat web site.

I think your misunderstanding - I believe that the Raiders can win the game, I don't like our defense right now and that concerns me.

That said, I'll take the Patriots - But any team can win, that’s why they play the game.

and If you seen my prediction, i don't think anyone blowing anyone out. Both team offense have big mismatches in this game. Its going to be a shootout. Forgive me if im confidant because usually raiders had no shot in these games(offense wasn't good enough) Thats not the case anymore and I think they can win those kind now.

Do you not understand the concept. The Giants offense revolves around the Wr's(Giants have some good ones) and the Te way down the recieving options. Now with the raiders and Jason campbell you look up the stats whereever campbell been and The te always put up big numbers. So obvious Raiders Te's are going to put up better number than Giants numbers.

Now I must admit I said something that wasn't bright. I said i guarantee you that Boss numbers would be better than Gronk by season end. That was pretty dumb as Boss is going to be the primary option at TE, while Gronk has Hernandez who going to catch an equal amount of balls as Gronk(they are splitting the receptions and that has to be taken into consideration.

Just like Raiders are a run first team and aren't going to throw it as much as the pas first Patriots. So in conclusion Boss played in Patriots system his numbers would be similiar to gronk. There is no diffrenece. The diffrence is you consider him one of your top offensive threats when we have boiss way down the chart.

Sooooooooo, you're an expert on the Giants and the Raiders.....and the Patriots.

Riiiiiiight.

Well, I'm picking the Pats. I have just as much chance of being right as Tedy. Too bad I don't make the big bucks.

fifty.gif

The Patriots play the Giants every exhibition season. We've seen plenty of Mr. Boss.

I hate to keep saying the same thing. WHO cares what he did with Giants. Some teams feature the TE(Raiders and QB campbell) and some teams don't(giants- they are more a wr base offense.

Raiders are a run first team and don't throw the ball anywhere near the Patriots. Both Patriots Te have a couple more receptions than Boss(IF your a pass first team wouldn't you expect that) Boss has 15.2 average better than any Te yoiu have. That shows he can do what your Te's do and hes a more dangerous threat(Hes faster than your te's)

and If you seen my prediction, i don't think anyone blowing anyone out. Both team offense have big mismatches in this game. Its going to be a shootout. Forgive me if im confidant because usually raiders had no shot in these games(offense wasn't good enough) Thats not the case anymore and I think they can win those kind now.

Yea, I got no problem with other fans coming over here and talking educated trash. Most of the folks here love it.

However, when folks come here and don't see the blemishes that their own team has, marginalize our team and defend crazy indefensible positions (other than the Total Homer Approach (THA for short)) - Then you will usually bring out the heavy hitting smart guys around here (of which I am not one) that are NOT homers, LOVE the team and know football.

I find it very funny.

I hate to keep saying the same thing. WHO cares what he did with Giants. Some teams feature the TE(Raiders and QB campbell) and some teams don't(giants- they are more a wr base offense.

Raiders are a run first team and don't throw the ball anywhere near the Patriots. Both Patriots Te have a couple more receptions than Boss(IF your a pass first team wouldn't you expect that) Boss has 15.2 average better than any Te yoiu have. That shows he can do what your Te's do and hes a more dangerous threat(Hes faster than your te's)

Learn how to read what people have written, and what they are responding to, before you post. It will avoid the sort of stupidity you put in this post of yours.

Sooooooooo, you're an expert on the Giants and the Raiders.....and the Patriots.

Riiiiiiight.

No Just watch alot of football (direct TV football package and look at the stats. I look at offense - How many passes attempts each team made. why is that important because if a team runs the football than a team that throws it almost every time. It dosen't take a rocket scientist to figure that Te receptions are going to be higher.

Who was catching majority of those balls - NOw why am I look who caught the football . I want to see if he was the first second , third or fourth option in the offense( Thats self explanatory why thats important), and what were they averaging per reception compared to there counterparts(have to be in the same ball park - as one catch for 28 yards is not accurate assessment. Again Thats important because your seing how they did against their counterparts and could theyt get down the seam.

Than I put all of those numbers together and I make my educated guess what those numbers mean.

Last edited:

Come on man, leave it alone.

Think about it - When 87 is catching a TD in the End Zone he really does not have to run very far does he???

We watch the games, bro. Ease up off your argument, it's failing.

No Just watch alot of football (direct TV football package and look at the stats. I look at offense - How many passes attempts each team made. Who was catching majority of those balls, and what wedre they averaging per reception compared to there counterparts(have to be in the same ball park - as one catch for 28 yards is not accurate assessment.

Than I put all of those numbers together and I make my educated guess what does numbers mean.

Now you're just being disrespectful to your teachers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference