PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos have a "brutal" schedule?

DEN's schedule will get harder as they play SD and KC both twice, with NE blended in too. Those are 5 games that should be much more interesting than any of the ones they've faced thus far, aside from maybe the opener vs BAL and the one at IND.

I don't think KC can hold on myself, but if the Chiefs can split with DEN, and we could get at least one more either via NE or one of the SD games, that would give Manning and company 3 losses. If KC goes 5-3 here on out, they could at least be involved in the tie breaker anyway. We'd all much rather see DEN on the road for 3 straight games vs some real opponents in the playoffs, as opposed to likely holding the #1 seed and having 2 home games to get to the SB.

I just can't help by feel that KC will be running out of gas soon though. I could honestly see them finish out at 4-4, and possibly even lose both games to DEN.

Of course the Bronco's have a tough schedule. That's old news. Manning was telling us that at week 3.

Peyton Manning Complains That Eagles Have Extra Time to Prepare for Teams? Matchup This Weekend | NFL | NESN.com

“We’re coming off of a short week — it’s nice of the NFL to give Philly [10] days [off] and give us six,” the Broncos quarterback told reporters Tuesday, according to CSNPhilly.com. “So we’ve got to handle that."

Look, Manning is a great QB. I get that. But this is what bugs the piss out of me about this guy. He has that sense of entitlement that things should be just a little bit easier for him because of who he is. He is obviously a hard worker and a perfectionist. But who says crap like after the "mean" schedule makers give them 2 games in 18 days to start off the season? After the bye. the Broncos play 3 out of 4 games on the road and the play KC after KC's bye week. I would be too surprised if we hear Manning complain about this in some manner.

As for the Bronco's upcoming games. I see them going 2-2. Losing to KC at KC and the Pats. I think the Pats catch a bit of a break that they get the Broncos after they face KC. Lets face it, even though the Chiefs are 8-0, all the talk is about Denver and their offense. I'm betting the Chiefs have a big chip on their shoulder about that. And even thought he game is in Denver and I think the Broncos will win, I think the Chiefs play them hard and really rough up Manning and the offense. Resulting in the Broncos limping into Foxboro.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 9m
NFL has flexed the front end of the Broncos-Chiefs home-and-home to SNF. That's on 11/17. They also play on 11/31.

So they play Sunday "night" (still late afternoon Denver time) the week before visiting NE (Pats are in Carolina the Monday before playing Broncos)

*Actually 12/1.

NFL has flexed the front end of the Broncos-Chiefs home-and-home to SNF. That's on 11/17. They also play on 11/31.

*Actually 12/1.

Breer needs a calendar App.

If the Patriots defense is 100% healthy, especially Talib, the Broncos game should be a battle. Thank goodness that game wasn't scheduled early in the season before the offense had a chance to figure out what it is. Not that we fully know yet, but the second half of last week's game gave us sense of what they can do. If Vereen can round into form, the Broncos game could be a shootout.

The chiefs are no joke this year. I'm glad we don't play them, they would roll us.

John Fox has suffered a possible heat attack:

roncos coach John Fox has reportedly been taken to the hospital with symptoms of a heart attack.

Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen of ESPN report that Fox, who was golfing in Charlotte this weekend while the Broncos are on their bye week, is expected to be OK. Fox was taken by ambulance from the golf course to a North Carolina hospital.

Report: Broncos coach John Fox suffers apparent heart attack | ProFootballTalk

So they play Sunday "night" (still late afternoon Denver time) the week before visiting NE (Pats are in Carolina the Monday before playing Broncos)

*Actually 12/1.

Can someone explain why CBS can't protect that game? Is it because they're not having a doubleheader that weekend? Not that I mind at all. That game should be Sunday night.

The chiefs are no joke this year. I'm glad we don't play them, they would roll us.

Calm down. You must be afraid of your own shadow too.

Seriously, they haven't even played a team with a winning record. The best team they've played so far is Dallas, who can't stop shooting themselves in the feet. Dez Bryant dropped an easy TD in a 1-point victory for KC at home.

I'm sorry, the team that beat the Jaguars, Eagles, Giants, and Raiders doesn't exactly strike fear into me.

Even when playing semi-decent teams, they've lucked out with injuries. They beat the Titans without Locker, the Texans in Case Keenum's first NFL game, and the Browns and their third-string QB Jason Campbell. Now they get the Bills, who would be fortunate if their third-string QB can play right now.

Whether they beat the Bills 3rd or 4th-string QB, they should go into their bye at 9-0 but they still haven't played a good team. KC deserves some credit, they're a solid team with an excellent defense and a QB who won't throw the game away, but there's not much to actually fear.

Just wanted to remind people that our terrible division just beat two division leaders this week, with our worst team playing pretty competitively against the undefeated Chiefs despite starting their third-string QB. And if people are afraid of the Chiefs, they must be wetting the bed since we have to play the powerhouse Bills again... :rolleyes:

This development changes so much for the Broncos, now that word is out that John Fox (for whom I have tremendous admiration as an NFL head coach), will have heart valve replacement surgery. That is a full-anaesthesia surgery that is not without significant risks. I wish him, his family and the Broncos organization good luck with this.

But what the loss of Fox means to the Broncos heading out to San Diego next week, home against the Chiefs who lead the NFL in fewest ppg allowed, and at Foxborough to play a fully-equipped Patriots offense that can torch their Jack Del Rio-coached defense, is that the OP was prescient.

The Broncos schedule is brutal as the Broncos adjust to life without their head man. Fox's absence puts more pressure on everybody in that organization.

If you're going to troll at least attempt to be funny. This was terrible....:bricks:

But what the loss of Fox means to the Broncos heading out to San Diego next week, home against the Chiefs who lead the NFL in fewest ppg allowed, and at Foxborough to play a fully-equipped Patriots offense that can torch their Jack Del Rio-coached defense, is that the OP was prescient.

The Broncos schedule is brutal as the Broncos adjust to life without their head man. Fox's absence puts more pressure on everybody in that organization.

All teams face adversity. After Wilfork went down, Brady had a quote about "no one feels sorry for the Patriots."

I just hope the offense is fully healthy when we face them.

Just wanted to remind people that our terrible division just beat two division leaders this week, with our worst team playing pretty competitively against the undefeated Chiefs despite starting their third-string QB. And if people are afraid of the Chiefs, they must be wetting the bed since we have to play the powerhouse Bills again... :rolleyes:

Updated out of division win % updated:

AFC West: .769
NFC West: .681
AFC East: .565
NFC North: .500
AFC North: .416
AFC South: .375
NFC East: .363
NFC South: .363

Broncos facing the AFC South and NFC East is absolutely brutal. Those divisions have combined win percentage of .369 outside their divisions.

Playing two teams with a winning record to this point and opponents with a 26-40 combined record, 25-33 if you remove the Broncos games...Its utterly amazing that they got to this point with a winning record. :eek:

This article was written before John Fox's heart surgery. And included their schedule up to their bye. In that context this article is a joke.

All teams face adversity. After Wilfork went down, Brady had a quote about "no one feels sorry for the Patriots."

Please don't mistake my post for meaning that I feel sorry for the Denver Broncos. I hope the Patriots croak them like they did the Steelers.

Imagine what it would mean to the Patriots if Belichick were to be taken out of the picture for the second half of the season.

My post is meant to answer the OP's question, which rings truer now with the news about Coach Fox than it did when originally posted.

I see that the Broncos named Del Rio as the interim head coach while Fox is convalescing. I wonder how that will work out when The Forehead comes to the sidelines during a timeout looking for insights. I like the fact that Del Rio will have distractions associated with his head coaching duties as he prepares the Broncos suspect defense for the Patriots game.

Please don't mistake my post for meaning that I feel sorry for the Denver Broncos. I hope the Patriots croak them like they did the Steelers.

Imagine what it would mean to the Patriots if Belichick were to be taken out of the picture for the second half of the season.

My post is meant to answer the OP's question, which rings truer now with the news about Coach Fox than it did when originally posted.

I see that the Broncos named Del Rio as the interim head coach while Fox is convalescing. I wonder how that will work out when The Forehead comes to the sidelines during a timeout looking for insights. I like the fact that Del Rio will have distractions associated with his head coaching duties as he prepares the Broncos suspect defense for the Patriots game.

No problem; I understand.

Thing is of course now we have to root even harder against the Broncos so we don't have to hear a bunch of sappy "perseverance" stories. And Fox might mean a little less to his tram than Belichick does. Fox seems like a good guy but I don't see this being a big loss organizationally. His role recently has been to step aside and let Manning do his thing. (Wasn't there a game early on where Fox wanted to make one decision and Manning was like, um, no?) In my mind I can imagine Manning's reaction to this news about Fox being: "Oh, man, and he was just learning my system." After expressing genuine concern for his health of course.

I wish fox a speedy recovery but I dont know if he is a big sideline loss frankly.He is a very conservative coach who makes some questionable sideline calls.I even personally think manning went there to denver because he as a HC who wont interfere with the offense.. Del rio I have zero respect for after he made the 'spear' comment about brady.....

I wish fox a speedy recovery but I dont know if he is a big sideline loss frankly.He is a very conservative coach who makes some questionable sideline calls.I even personally think manning went there to denver because he as a HC who wont interfere with the offense.. Del rio I have zero respect for after he made the 'spear' comment about brady.....

John Fox did a nice job in Carolina getting the Panthers to the Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme at QB, but his best job was getting the Broncos to the playoffs and winning a playoff game with Tim Tebow at the controls. Fox adapts to his talent and gets a lot out of people.

Del Rio is a completely different kind of guy, and there are a lot of big personalities on the Broncos to manage. It will be interesting to see how the season unfolds for them.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back