PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos game postponed - (Moved to Sun 10/18 1:00pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you even talking about? I just went all the way back through this thread and there are no posts related to anything other than the current situation and the game...? Where are there any remaining posts currently within this thread of someone pushing an agenda? :confused:
Maybe he's talking about the scientist responding to his study of the PCR test

If you read the tea leaves, it sounds like Keane is having some trouble picking up the offense based on what Bill said in an interview last week.
I want to see this kid out on the field contributing. He has the skillset.
I believe that he is in the Kelce mold of not quite a WR, but not a traditional TE either.

Brady taught him well.

But during the last timeout, either BB or Mickey D should have instructed Hoyer if the play is not there dump the ball to stop the clock and kick the 3.

That exchange of words never happened judging by Hoyers nonchalant behavior after the sack. Why would Hoyer gesture for the final TO if it did? Nevermind that Hoyer should have known because the Pats should not assume anything at QB anymore and that includes Cam.

But during the last timeout, either BB or Mickey D should have instructed Hoyer if the play is not there dump the ball to stop the clock and kick the 3.

That exchange of words never happened judging by Hoyers nonchalant behavior after the sack. Why would Hoyer gesture for the final TO if it did? Nevermind that Hoyer should have known because the Pats should not assume anything at QB anymore and that includes Cam.
You do know Brady lost track of downs at the end of the TB games, right?

You do know Brady lost track of downs at the end of the TB games, right?
Yes

Everyone is blaming Hoyer, but he had not started a game in eons. I know that Hoyer is suppose to be ready. He wasnt.

Well, well, well...as I called last week, Newton father says Cam Newton was never sick, never had fever, chills, nothing. This is not political, this is a fact as stated by Newton's father in a link on this site. We still need to know if any of these players are actually feeling sick. Newton SHOULD 100% play and not miss any more games due this illness that originated in Wuhan China.

Well, well, well...as I called last week, Newton father says Cam Newton was never sick, never had fever, chills, nothing. This is not political, this is a fact as stated by Newton's father in a link on this site. We still need to know if any of these players are actually feeling sick. Newton SHOULD 100% play and not miss any more games due this illness that originated in Wuhan China.

In a normal persons world facts can be political .... maybe not in yours?

it doesn’t matter where the virus came from unless you’re politicizing

We’re not getting into how contagious/deadly it is. Some people are asymptomatic, which is what they’ve said all week about Newton. Doesn’t change the fact the next person might not be. Provided he’s not contagious, he might be ready to come back. But the league is simply being cautious because there’s too much at stake and truthfully, it’s just a football game so there’s no reason to rush it and take an unnecessary risk.

And again, my comments have to do just with the NFL and not the real world. The league is obviously being cautious due to the liability and the fact they don't want players to get sick and - as I mentioned earlier today - end up with (since statistically, despite the low number, the chance is there) leading to at least one severe player illness/death. People can argue the numbers off the field, but the league doesn't want to end up with that one person who is infected and potentially has a tragic outcome.

And again, my comments have to do just with the NFL and not the real world. The league is obviously being cautious due to the liability and the fact they don't want players to get sick and - as I mentioned earlier today - end up with (since statistically, despite the low number, the chance is there) leading to at least one severe player illness/death. People can argue the numbers off the field, but the league doesn't want to end up with that one person who is infected and potentially has a tragic outcome.
Yes, it would be a very very bad look for the league, not to mention repercussions beyond football, to have a player or coach contract coronavirus and have a bad outcome. It’s a very low probability but it’s greater than zero so they must take it into account. That’s the difference between being responsible for institutions or large numbers of other people, and just making personal decisions for yourself and those connected to you.

The Patriots should file an OSHA complaint against the NFL after the NFL rejected the Patriots' request for additional locker room accommodations in KC, and forced them into a super spreader environment (1000 sq ft locker room with no ventilation) during the incubation stage after team exposure.

Highly doubtful. People said the same about baseball

Oh think positive, Ian.

Reactions: Ian
We’re not getting into how contagious/deadly it is. Some people are asymptomatic, which is what they’ve said all week about Newton. Doesn’t change the fact the next person might not be. Provided he’s not contagious, he might be ready to come back. But the league is simply being cautious because there’s too much at stake and truthfully, it’s just a football game so there’s no reason to rush it and take an unnecessary risk.
With the greatest respect, comments as such irk me. Football is a mammoth industry, one which would support hundreds of thousands of jobs. When people say it's just a game, IMO, they're not thinking beyond the professional realm and by omission, discount the thousands of families depending on the sport to put food on the table. We've had nowhere near the COVID issues as around the world in Australia but left, right and center, people involved in top line sport are being laid off by the thousands because of the financial repercussions this scourge has unleashed.

Sport is and always will be more than a just a game phenomena. As for COVID and this specific game, I have my own thoughts on that but I'll choose not to get political.

Last edited:
Actually, you asked 5yrs ago to delete your account so I guess I'll just grant your wish:
View attachment 28924

Kind of glad the game was postponed. Suddenly needed a little extra time to go and reread some of my posts over the last few years. :excited:

With the greatest respect, comments as such irk me. Football is a mammoth industry, one which would support hundreds of thousands of jobs. When people say it's just a game, IMO, they're not thinking beyond the professional realm and by omission, discount the thousands of families depending on the sport to put food on the table. We've had nowhere near the COVID issues as around the world in Australia but left, right and center, people involved in top line sport are being laid off by the thousands because of the financial repercussions this scourge has unleashed.

Sport is and always will be more than a just a game phenomena. As for COVID and this specific game, I have my own thoughts on that but I'll choose not to get political.
I didn't mean "just a game" as in the league or the sport, I meant "it's just a football game" as in the one that got cancelled.

My point when I said that was just to point out that it's not worth rushing and making short-sighted decisions. I'm not one of those people who feels they should just understand the risk and deal with it. These players are obviously real people with families, loved ones, etc. So unfortunately, once there is an infection, then things have to stop and they have to ensure they're able to isolate and hopefully avoid any further spread and protect the players. As I've said, statistically the odds are there that at least one player in the league could suffer a serious result from this, so they need to minimize that. If postponing the game and waiting helps keep the players safe, which in turn helps the league move forward, than that's obviously the most important thing.

And regarding the financial side of things, believe me, I get it. I also have someone I work with who has a brother who works in security at Gillette and I've heard the stories of the difficulties his friends are going through given that there are no fans coming in. As a result, people who would normally be working there aren't currently. It completely sucks.

Not to mention, I'm certainly also battling with it. This place costs $600 a month for server costs, etc. and with a terrible offseason, and the fact that ad revenue completely plummeted when businesses shut down back in March (and as a result, the majority of them stopped advertising online, which saw a massive drop with the ad network), it's quietly been a little difficult. Had the season not been played, it would have been a challenge to keep paying for it without racking up my credit card further. I honestly don't know how that might have played out and I'm glad it didn't reach that point. So, needless to say, I do understand what you're saying, although my statement might have been misinterpreted and hopefully this clarifies it a bit.

Last edited:
Yes

Everyone is blaming Hoyer, but he had not started a game in eons. I know that Hoyer is suppose to be ready. He wasnt.
He started a couple of games for Indy last year when Brissett got hurt. He was awful in those games too. Have no idea why Bill brought him back and felt it was best to start him over Stidham.

Highly doubtful. They said the same about baseball
You may be right. I’m not sure myself. But one thing is clear enough. The season will be a complete mess. The outbreaks aren’t going to stop with the current protocol (or lack thereof). The Pats game getting postponed a week caused a ton of schedule changes for multiple teams. Imagine how much of a head ache it will be when we get another few teams who have Covid cases. And there aren’t double headers the NFL can play. That an advantage the MLB had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST