PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer: Maroney wore a brace on his knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats0204

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

RB Laurence Maroney was back at practice today for the first time since the Redskins game. He wore a brace on his left knee and ran without a limp, though he did seem to be stretching it out quite a bit. So maybe, contradictory to the earlier report, he isn’t quite on the shelf yet.

Last edited:
My gut feeling is he probably misses this week, ESPN does have pretty good sources and Maroney clearly hurt the knee a little. Probably a calculated gamble that we can win this without risking further injury to Maroney.

Makes sense BF. Buffalo and the Jets games are basically extended pre-season. I hope to see Bruschi back for the Jets game so that he has a game under his belt before facing Cincy. And of course I (we) hope the mysterious Chad Jackson shows up one of these weeks.

I think he probably suits up, but is only inserted if needed!

mgcolby said:
Buffalo and the Jets games are basically extended pre-season.

Not so fast! I expect them both to be tough games. They're hungry division opponents. We should win, but I don't think they'll be cakewalks.

NEM said:
Too many of you are taking these two games too lightly. I am glad we are at homne vs. Buffalo, but ont he road vs. Jets wont be a gimmee.

Maroney's presence in that game, and Jackson's too, would be big, big plusses.
I'm not taking them lightly or assuming we'll win. But with a healthy Dillon it's a reasonable chance to keep Maroney out for a game to get him to 100% - if necessary.

sarge said:
I think he probably suits up, but is only inserted if needed!

How did you know about my sex life?

BelichickFan said:
My gut feeling is he probably misses this week, ESPN does have pretty good sources and Maroney clearly hurt the knee a little. Probably a calculated gamble that we can win this without risking further injury to Maroney.

Wendi Nix is the ESPN source, fwiw.

Jacky Roberts said:
Wendi Nix is the ESPN source, fwiw.
and felger is now spinning it that he takes wendi nix's word since she has some good sources as " even a mild sprain takes 3-4 weeks to heal" . i mean just waiting for the team to lose !

SVN said:
and felger is now spinning it that he takes wendi nix's word since she has some good sources as " even a mild sprain takes 3-4 weeks to heal" . i mean just waiting for the team to lose !

Felger is saying Nix's word is gospel.

Hey, if the kid practices without the red jersey in full pads and contact, how can he not play...even in limited duty?

Wouldn't Wendy Nix have a better 'inside' Red Sox source????

Drewwho said:
Felger is saying Nix's word is gospel.

Hey, if the kid practices without the red jersey in full pads and contact, how can he not play...even in limited duty?

Wouldn't Wendy Nix have a better 'inside' Red Sox source????
he is just becoming like a red sox radio show host. now he is trashing the pickup of jon smith from bills and the risk the pats took by cutting bam childress who he thought wasnt that good a few weeks ago.

NEM said:
Too many of you are taking these two games too lightly. I am glad we are at homne vs. Buffalo, but ont he road vs. Jets wont be a gimmee.

Maroney's presence in that game, and Jackson's too, would be big, big plusses.

Well I don't think whether or not I take them lightly will have much effect on the outcome of either of those two games. What do you think?:cool:

SVN said:
he is just becoming like a red sox radio show host. now he is trashing the pickup of jon smith from bills and the risk the pats took by cutting bam childress who he thought wasnt that good a few weeks ago.

WHY is Felger now so negative about everything Patriots> Dare I say he rivals Borges now?

Itis really sad...

Tunescribe said:
Not so fast! I expect them both to be tough games. They're hungry division opponents. We should win, but I don't think they'll be cakewalks.

Nice one mr.corso :D. Just kidding. I realize they may be hungry but I fully expect both of those teams to die of malnutrition becasue they won't be able to eat much this season.

The Jets will outright suck, no chance they even remain in either game this season beyond the first quarter. Bills have a decent defense with Spikes coming back and the young secondary they have but that offense won't be able to move the ball. They might make a game of it on sunday but I doubt it.

You also have to agree that those two teams (due to all of the personnel changes) will still be learning their own systems and figuring out who is playing where. So I believe that both teams will still be in an extended form of pre-season for a good portion of the season. Just my 0.02.

If the injury was bad enough to know on Monday that he wasn't going to be playing on Sunday wouldn't he not be practicing?

Last edited:
zippo59 said:
If the injury was bad enough to know on Monday that he wasn't going to be playing on Sunday wouldn't he not be practicing?

Not only that, BB would have told the media at his PC that Maroney was out of the game.

ESPN is beginning to suck. I find out more here, on profootballtalk.com or rotoworld and of course Reiss, and some from Breer and Tomase.

zippo59 said:
Lets assume the injury is minor and needs 3-4 weeks to heal fully...this is a player who needs all the practice time he can get, so I might inactivate him on Sunday, but practice with him this week, for all we know, he put on a red jersey after the press access ended - but now Buffalo has to factor him into their game planning.

Bottom line, we're now in the BB zone, disinformation, misinformation, day-to-day amputees, and thinking about the entire season while focusing on the ONE game. We'll know more Wednesday, and get our answer Sunday. Myself, I'd rather have him healthy for Denver and Cincy, tough call.

Drewwho said:
WHY is Felger now so negative about everything Patriots> Dare I say he rivals Borges now?

Itis really sad...
and he and borges are going to be on tv every thursday night...go figure.

Something that concerns me about Maroney's supposed injury; as much as I like Laurence' attitude and running style, I can't think of a great RB who was injured before he ever took the field for his first game. Part of greatness is durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back