PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BREAKING TWEET: Vince Wilfork may never return to the field.

One thing we have to accept that even if Wilfork comes back, his Patriots career could be over. His cap hit is $11.5 million next year with a $7.5 base salary. I don't know if the Pats are going to give him that salary unless he is close to 100% and still an elite player.

Unless Wilfork takes a pay cut, I think there is a very good chance he played his last game with the Pats.
As you brought up the awkward point - I assume they would be able to release him in the offseason if they chose to or would being injured complicate that ?

If I'm reading Miguel's 2014 page correctly there would be a huge $7.5M cap savings.

Miguel's UNOFFICIAL 2014 Patriots Salary Cap Information Page

This is not "breaking news" and not a reputable twitter source.

I'd guess someone on ESPN probably speculated about the possibility that he'll have a tough road to recovery and this twitter account picked it up like it was "news"...

Killer injury which is very tough for an athlete such as Vince to recover from. Hopefully the tendon wasn't ruptured too badly and that Vince has good blood flow circulation to the area.

Smells like Breaking BS to me.

But this BREAKING TWEET can be discussed on hte PS forum.

Why WOULDN'T the doctors tell Wilfork he may never play again? Doctors don't want to be sued and they intentionally keep expectations low for that reason, if the possibility exists that he won't be able to play again you can bet that's where the docs set the bar.

Well that stink, the pats aren't the pats without big Vince, but at least his replacement is not to bad but he is definitely not as good.

Yeah, I remember the "Brady may never be the same again" stuff after his injury. Pretty much this sort of thing is said after every major injury.

Is it a concern? Yes. I wish everyone would just calm down though. It happened less than 48 hours ago.

Brady never has been the same. His running from the pocket, while rare prior to his injury, has all but disappeared from his game, post-surgery.

Brady never has been the same. His running from the pocket, while rare prior to his injury, has all but disappeared from his game, post-surgery.

01 36/43
02 42/110
03 42/63
04 43/28
05 27/89
06 49/102
07 37/98

09 29/44
10 31/30
11 43/109
12 23/32
13 16/-3

I don't think there's anything to suggest that it has anything to do with the injury. I think he's always been a QB who only takes off as a last resort and the 90% of these rushes are either QB sneaks or sacks anyway. 2011 was simply circumstancal just like 02 and 06. Maybe the yearly number of rushes is slightly down but I'd expect that for any QB as they get older.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back