PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tate is already on the clock with me. Tick, tick, tick...how long till Belichick sends him to Denver to hang out with Maroney....

Way, way too premature for this kind of assemement.

Maybe Brandon Tate let Tom Brady down.

Maybe Brandon Tate has lost Tom Brady's trust.

Maybe Brandon Tate has dropped one pass too many.

Maybe Brandon Tate is done as a receiver on this team.

Or maybe not.

Last edited:
Tate is already on the clock with me. Tick, tick, tick...how long till Belichick sends him to Denver to hang out with Maroney....

Tate's been pretty bad, but it's way too early to be playing "on the clock" with a guy who missed much of 2 years with injuries. He's a WR, after all, not a RB.

Not for me. This is essentially Brandon Tate's rookie season. His true value with the team right now is the Patriots primary kick returner. As a wide receiver, it's best to compare his pass receiving numbers at the end of the season to Deion Branch and David Givens in their rookie season (2002). A comparison of Brandon Tate to Bethel Johnson is quite premature.

Tate is worth being patient with IMO.

I'm starting to think that the days of a 110 catch 1500 yd receiver in this offense will be over with the team (as we have seen) evolving into a more evenly distributed offense.

I hope folks aren't jumping to conclusions about Tate maturing into another Randy Moss and putting up similar numbers. Hes had some drops, but if he can be a consistient deep-threat and catch 50-60 balls for a 14-15 yd ave and a few TD a year, that will be outstanding in this offense.

Last edited:

Of course he is. The 2007 team was on the clock with you from the get-go.

I am not expecting Tate to be Randy Moss.I just want him to be a factor at wr.I dont know if he has problems getting separation with wrs or is it bad routes.I am not giving up on him but i would love to see him make plays out there from the wr position.

The fact that Tate hasn't caught many passes is not a comprehensive measure of his value or capability. Period.

For simple, emotionally satisfying answers, listen to political talk radio. For understanding, embrace subtlety, nuance, science, unintended and secondary influences, and uncertainty.

Funny that guy this offence could have used was cheap but we let go and signed a 10 million/5yr contract with denver. Jabbar gaffney,

If you put him as the 3rd option how much better this offence will be.one of those who actually having a good career after leaving here.
2009 -16 games/54 catches/732 yds/2TD here
2010 -10 games /51 catches/606 yds/2TD Denver

Tate will improve he is not finished coming out of college and was very raw. I do not understand the logic as next year we picked price who is also very raw. but we are short of 1 receiver who can run comebacks and squirrel routes.even though deion can do it we need another 1.

also we seem to be more of a 2 TE offence which means we can only have 2 WR .I think people who think tate should be out there instead of deion is nutz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft