PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's true thoughts on Peyton Manning revealed in leaked emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franchise12

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
It has little to do with framegate but nonetheless interesting.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...tory.html?s_campaign=bcom:socialflow:facebook
unnamed-3873.png

Yeah, I don't think he said it in a sense that he thinks he sucks, doesn't think they're friends, or any of that. He was stating his opinion (in private) what everyone in the world already sees. He may be overstating how much time he truly has left, as well.

And his own expectations for himself are probably exaggerated by his competitive nature but I wouldn't put another 5 years past this man.

Edit: I also hope little things like this, that aren't meant to be an insult, don't destroy his friendships. It's fairly well known that Tom and Peyton are kinda-buddies outside of the sport and have great amounts of respect for each other.

Be a shame if this put tension on this friendship or any others as a result of these emails.

This is the problem with the emails being made public. Private conversations without any context.

Maybe PM and TB12 had a personal conversation prior to that note? We don't know.

With that said, 7-8 years more is a stretch.

Yeah, I don't think he said it in a sense that he thinks he sucks, doesn't think they're friends, or any of that. He was stating his opinion (in private) what everyone in the world already sees. He may be overstating how much time he truly has left, as well.

And his own expectations for himself are probably exaggerated by his competitive nature but I wouldn't put another 5 years past this man.

Edit: I also hope little things like this, that aren't meant to be an insult, don't destroy his friendships. It's fairly well known that Tom and Peyton are kinda-buddies outside of the sport and have great amounts of respect for each other.

Be a shame if this put tension on this friendship or any others as a result of these emails.

I'm sure Manning curses Brady every day. He's probably like, "If I had Belichick I would have won 12 Superbowls! You just freaking lucked out Brady! You spoiled brat! You had it all handed to you! Oh wait...."

When is the last time Brady was not self confident???..

Why is this part of the "investigation"??? If I remember correctly Kevin is a long time friend..

Headline here is TB12 got 7-8 years left. Thats like 2 more SB wins and like another 3 appearances. They really gonna hate him then.

It's interesting that some of you guys and the media have all jumped to the conclusion that Brady was dissing on Manning. How do you know that he wasn't joking? How do you know that he didn't say that to Manning himself? They are friends. I've said crazy stuff to my friends. My point here is this. Great, the nosey people finally get a chance to take a peak into Brady's private life, but you still don't know what those relationships are really like.
This is a ball busting email. I've sent quite a few myself. I don't take them seriously. Neither do the people that I send them to.

He's just talking smack. I'd be willing to bet that there are lots of exchanges between Brady and P. Manning where Manning calls him a "pretty boy" and Brady calls Manning an "old man."

Now imagine that if in the intimacy of 2 friends talking he says something like "he's done" or "his arm is shot".

That is something you are saying for someone you trust, and it's not a lie, but it's not something you would say publicly. We do that, we say things about relatives, or friends, people that you like and you're not trying to be a jerk or disrespectful but you're talking about something that is a fact with someone whom you trust, and now is this sh.it show with people throwing around all these messages, out of context, without any relation with deflategate, man this has reached the bottom of the barrel. I'm feeling the taste of blood in my mouth, I really want this to blow up with huge proportions. People need to lose their jobs and don't find something similar for a while. People need to struggle a little to learn to think wisely before using their vocal power, I'm talking about the press, they have the power to spread the world, to shape opinions, unfortunately even if Goodell loses his job he has enough money to his grand kids live a life not needing to work.

All these alleged journalists slobbering at the chance to peek inside the private life of the great Tom Brady should be embarrassed.

How can people serious question why he didn't want to hand over his phone If such trivial things have already sent tongues wagging.

Tom Brady is channeling his inner...

tom-brady.png

...George Blanda. LOL

Speaking of personal things!

How dare you share a photo of me, Todd Bradley, the less successful third cousin of TB12!!!! :D

I don't see a single thing that could be taken as a slight. Manning has all but said he has 1-2 years left, and he considered retiring just a few months ago. Brady is saying the last couple of years is the final time they'll have a showdown. If anything, Brady in his messages about Manning takes the high road and downplays the criticism of PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft