Welcome to PatsFans.com

Peyton Manning On To Brady's TD Record:

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by TheRazor, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRazor

TheRazor Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

?

Did Peyton ever publicly congratulate Tom?

I once saw a locker room interview, during this season, where a reporter asked him about his thoughts on Brady's pace, and the possibility of his record being broken. Manning said something to the degree of Don Shula.... "When, or if, he should break it, I'll congratulate him then, right now Im concerned with the Colts"

Well? I havnt heard, or read anything. Has anyone else?
  2. MRBLAZE

MRBLAZE Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm sure he did privately, no need to make a media spectacle out of it. They are friends with one another.
  3. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

doesnt matter to me if its publicly because i know Tom and Peyton are good friends and im sure there was at least a phone call about it :)
  4. Arrrr

Arrrr Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought I read somewhere on here he did it privately. That's the way to do it. Also, what's wrong with him wanting to focus on the Colts during the season?
  5. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Peyton will be at the superbowl, he will congratulate him in person after the game.
  6. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

You have to admit though it was odd that no media member thought to capture his response to the event in anything approaching real time...

And I think that was actually what it was - either not a single mediot thought to ask for his reaction, or if they did and got a no comment or something they decided not to take issue with that.
  7. hambone1818

hambone1818 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 3 / -0

Things like this (did Belichick and Dungy shake hands, and was it corgial enough? Did Rice congratulate Moss, and in turn did Moss show enough respect to the former WR? etc...) are SOOOO pointless, to the point that I actually get pissed off when I see threads and discussions about them. The mainstream media is bad enough, but come on guys, don't stoop to that level.
  8. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

To play the devils advocate a little bit...everything with Manning is a media spectacle. Why would this, if it happened, be any different?
  9. eom

eom Rookie

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

isn't brady supposed to go on peyton's radio show and kiss his ring?
  10. Dojo Chargerfan

Dojo Chargerfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

wwhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cares?
  11. TommyD4207

TommyD4207 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

They would never embarrass their Peytie-Poo in such a way. Never. He might throw someone under the bus.
  12. TheRazor

TheRazor Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wow.... a lot of strong feelings on this. I was just asking if anyone saw Manning publically ACKNOWLEDGE his own historical record being broken by his buddy Tommy. No need to hate on me. The way I look at it, most big time records like this are hardly, if ever, broken within the original players tenure, it is very rare. Usually the retired player comes out on TV and says something about his record being broken, and seeing how Peyton made mention to it earlier this season, and the fact that he is a sports media icon, and such a big deal was made about Brady and Moss beating those records, that this ws a fair quandry.

As far as football goes, and the storyline sidedishes: I enjoy it all. You want to just watch x's and o's, go to high school/ college games, want to be entertained, fed with personal storylines, and drama, plus all the good football.... watch the NFL.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.