PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

According to Wilbur, Brady's Arrogance is the culprit..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I can just throw this guy on the trash heap before i really know who he is. How terrible it must be to cover possibly the greatest football team of all time, who's coach does things the right way, who's quarterback sacrifices individual honors for the team. I'm surprised the shanks, ogres [borges] gluttons [twinkie boy] and the rest don't just get up and move somewhere where a self respecting writers can write about losing, selfishness and calamity all the time.
Thats is the problem with the boston media. They dont want to be just voice of fans or provide what the info is, they want to be imporant and run the show and show how powerful they are to the local teams. But ever since BB came he has done it his way , it has worked and these bozos have nothing but to complain about every small thing.
In any other town, a hall of fame coach and QB who took them to 6SBs 15 winnins seasons , various other superlative records would be revered.Not here. They just want to drive whoever it is out of town to make them feel prideful that they are the powerful boston media and its tough to play around them.

LOL at Wilbur, writing for the former news site known as Boston.com. That snippet the OP quoted belongs in the Attempted Gotcha Fail Hall of Fame.

I'm fairly certain no one in the Patriots organization objects to Brady fighting this, and definitely not in the way Wilbur attempts to frame it.

...and when Bob Ryan still had a couple of marbles in his head and Ron Borges wrote his own columns and didn't have an axe to grind with the world.

Boston Sunday Globe sports section was MUST reading.

My dad and I would pass sections back n forth.

In the 70's and 80's post football season, Peter Gammons half page diatribe on the Hot Stove League, was one of my favorites.. never could figure out how he knew so much..

Now it seems to be more about success in that vague world called "social media" and if you do well there, you can do well anywhere(???)

Look the guy is a hack.....but I have believed from the beginning Brady's comment "they should read their rule book" is what instigated or lit the fuse of this whole debacle. Look no further than the egos in this league at the HC'ing, GM, owners and of course the front office of the NFL. Now you have a QB mocking an entire coaching staff.......doesn't matter that it is one of the greatest to play the game if anything that makes it worse. Compound that with the hatred of BB, Brady and the Pats that permeates this league combined with the perception the Patriots push the envelope with the rules and you get Deflategate. If it was a sting, and I believe it was, IMHO it all was created because Brady mocked the Ravens coaching staff for not knowing the rule book and their response was "let's see if you know your rule book about PSI".

Maybe I'm wrong but I have always thought this was about taking Brady and if they could the Pats down a peg because of their perceived arrogance. When you have a call from a Ravens employee to a Colts employee verified in an email between Colts employees the week after Brady makes his comment, I just don't think that it is coincidental that the following week a sting is setup to try and catch the Pats and their QB in some nefarious doings.........

Unfortunately this is a "social media" world where clicks count much more than content and you are NEVER held accountable for anything you say.......EVER.

As for Brady's so called Arrogance, I'd love for any of the mediots ascribing to this POV to point to ONE incidence in Brady's 16 year career where he EVER exhibited a bit of arrogance off the field. Just ONE.

Tom Brady could just be the least arrogant super star playing today. I don't understand how anyone can question Tom Brady fighting this thing to the death. Wilbur is clearly a man with no sense of honor, if he doesn't think what's been done to Brady is something worth fighting for. He should be held accountable and made to explain what was behind his blather.......but he won't, because he doesn't have to.

Most mediots think what they do is"all about them". Without their work all the little people would be able to make heads or tail about what's going on on the field. I makes me want to scream sometimes.

I think it is confusing for them to differentiate between confidence and arrogance.. Brady is the former.

That is a difficult concept to understand in a social media world..

As for Brady's so called Arrogance, I'd love for any of the mediots ascribing to this POV to point to ONE incidence in Brady's 16 year career where he EVER exhibited a bit of arrogance off the field. Just ONE.
Totally agree. Where did the arrogance narrative come from? I keep hearing that and have never seen it either.

Compound that with the hatred of BB, Brady and the Pats that permeates John Henry's Boston Globe/Boston.com combined with the perception the Patriots push the envelope with the rules and you get .........

Fixed it for ya.

According to @JoeKerr , Wilbur's face is responsible for a worldwide clock stoppage incident unprecedented in human history. Good Lord...stay indoors out of sight during the daylight hours ,Eric..:eek:

518672976-Wake-Up-Big-Papi-Right-About-New-Rules.jpg

Some people still don't believe me about John Henry's Boston Globe agenda.

Man, that was just too damn funny. Thanks for that laugh.

I think it is confusing for them to differentiate between confidence and arrogance.. Brady is the former.

That is a difficult concept to understand in a social media world..
I was getting ready to write that they don't understand what it means to be a "competitor" and that they confuse a "competitive spirit" with "arrogance," but "confidence" gets it just as well.

Arrogant means: having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

Referring to yourself as "the King" would be an example of this.

Shaking hands with Richard Sherman right after the final kneel down in the superbowl and telling him "you're a great player" is . . . I dunno . . . the opposite of arrogance? humility?

Another example of how ugly envy is and why it's one of the seven deadly sins.

My head is going to explode, sick of sports scribes in Boston trying to frame this from a different angle so they can somehow blame Brady for something, anything.. this is a classic.

Guess he never noticed that most very good, great quarterbacks have a lot of self confidence(arrogance) and Brady did not cause this overreaction..

I grew up with Gammons, Montville and McDonough and pity the generation who will have to put up with this generation of sportswriter..

John Harbaugh is a whining crybaby, a sore loser, and a bald-faced liar, and that somehow is Brady's fault??

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...KLpCXVBWWBM/story.html?p1=well_Sports_main_hp
For the most part, we don't put up with them. We just ignore them. That's why they have to write such ridiculous nonsense to get clicks from the few people who do still read them.

I don't think anyone under the age of 40 or so gets their Patriots news primarily from the Globe. There are a dozen posters here whose takes I find more informed, interesting, and accurate than anyone at the Globe.

just another globe stooge, pay no mind.

Totally agree. Where did the arrogance narrative come from? I keep hearing that and have never seen it either.

It's really a bizarre thing. Even the famous fourth-and-two play was described by some as arrogant. It's like a default when you can't think of anything else bad to say. Sometimes it's really embarrassing how excellence is treated in this country.

Some people still don't believe me about John Henry's Boston Globe agenda.

Gasper joined those hacks with his piece yesterday.

Gasper joined those hacks with his piece yesterday.
Gasper is a gifted writer but IMO he doesn't have any depth.

His pontificating style and air of eliteness is a major turn-off which is why he is perfect for the Globe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes