PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's Secret Superstitions to Winning SB's Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, even Serrano smartened up later...

208e5ae0-6766-45f6-9b42-1fa67a4640dd_text.gif

Yes, certain foods are bad for acid reflux. But that has little to do with tons of hokey diet books making lots of money telling you how to eat alkaline and drink alkaline to avoid cancer, dementia, inflammation, and apparently a rainy day

Stop digging. One of the many current claims of western medicine is that diet does have an effect on such things. After decades of wrongheaded ulcer treatments and the going all in on the carb revolution, those insisting on the superiority of western medicine, and dismissing alternatives out of hand, should have learned better by now.

He won at least three Super Bowls before he started fondling his stones.
Maybe he was doing it all along and never told anyone. Or maybe the newfound stone fondling was a difference-maker for the last three. Some things are mysterious, indeed.

Stop digging. One of the many current claims of western medicine is that diet does have an effect on such things. After decades of wrongheaded ulcer treatments and the going all in on the carb revolution, those insisting on the superiority of western medicine, and dismissing alternatives out of hand, should have learned better by now.

I am very specifically talking about the proven false claims about alkaline diets being able to alter your blood's pH to ward off cancer, inflammation, and other maladies.

We can measure blood pH precisely. Your body buffers it to keep it in a very tight range, no matter what you eat. Too high, you die. Too low, you die. It is NOT an opinion and is not even "western medicine". It is merely a physical FACT.

The hokey argument I am speaking out against is commonly hyped by the claim that "cancer cannot live in an acidic environment" so you must eat "alkaline foods" which are basically on a long list of things that are generally considered to be very healthy anyway. The list includes most citrus fruits, which are acidic, not alkaline! Their idea is actually a bastardization of the true observation that most cancer cells produce lactic acid as a byproduct of glycolysis and have to pump it out. Thus the immediate exterior to tumors is indeed acidic ,since they are producing and exporting lactic acid. So the tumor makes acid, not the other way around, that acidity causes tumors.

It is called the Warburg effect. My academic lab designs cancer therapies to very specifically take advantage of the altered metabolic properties of tumor cells. For example, we can shut off these lactate export pumps and the tumor cells die.

Agree with Deus & Palm Beach here. I see the pH theory as hooey.
However, Western medicine has a tradition of insisting things about diet that are unsubstantiated. Lots of irreproducible results. Lots of work to be done. Difficult topic because of myriad variables with possible correlations not understood or anticipated.
Although I did not agree with Tune's post (q.v. chrystals efficacy), he has a valid point about the potential value of meditation in athletic focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3