PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
To repeat:

Tom Brady #1-#5
Peyton Manning #9-#15

And yes, Montana is comfortably ahead of Manning, and even Brady. To me, Brady's legacy will always be a little different, given how he won those superbowls. He was twice the player during his peak than he was during the Super Bowl runs. 2006-2010 Brady blows 2001-2005 Brady out of the water.

brady > montana

anytime anyday.

montana had it easy in that non salary cap era.

brady showed the world who's the boss again. nothing new.

peyton is great, but brady is greater.

GOAT RANKING

1. brady
2. peyton
3. joe mo
4. dan marino
5. steve young

yes, Joe Mo has 4 rings, but he also had stacked team and the greatest coach ever by his side. give brady prime jerry rice for 6 years, i'm sure brady would've won at least 4. peyton may not as great as joe mo in the playoffs, but i can't deny his overall production and his 'on field coaching' ability. if i have to pick a QB to start a franchise it would be a toss up between brady and manning, not joe mo.

i'm sure johnny U, otto graham, etc are up there, but i can't include them because i never got to see them play.

People are actually still having this pointless debate?

It ended almost 10 years ago.

Re: Re: Brady vs Manning

Not only that, but Gronk wasn't (or was he) held Monday night?

In the eyes of the media its never over until manning wins.

The Brady-Manning bromance

Tony Dungy said:
I can’t tell you how many times Peyton would come in on Tuesday and tell me, ‘Yeah, I talked to Tom and he says we can get this against this defense. We just played these guys; you can run this play on them.’ So, they did share a lot of information.

Scott Pioli said:
It’s difficult sometimes for people to have close relationships and friendships when they are this high a level of competitors, but a lot of that changed when Tom Brady was hurt. The first call he got, or one of the first calls he got, was from Peyton Manning. Peyton Manning called several times after that. It kind of changed Tommy’s thoughts toward Peyton. And then when Peyton got hurt, Tommy reached out to him. The injury and the realization that their football mortality someday would end really changed the two and how they approach one another. They started sharing more information. And Tommy told me this week that one of the most interesting things was when Peyton Manning was getting ready to make a decision as to who he was going to sign with, he reached out to Tommy and wanted to exchange information, and he wanted to know what Tom thought would be a good idea for him to do. Amazing how this relationship has evolved over the years from two top competitors.

Via It Is What It Is » What pundits were saying about Patriots on Sunday

Of course they were buddies long before that, e.g. http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...on-digs-into-his-pocket-tom-s-sushi-saki.html , but I guess they've taken it to a new level.

In the eyes of the media its never over until manning wins.
They keep hoping if you repeat if often enough it will become fact among the masses.

Soo, how exactly is Manning better than Brady if he can't play outside in hard weather? Brady does it every year around this time for about 2 months. Can we just end the debate now?

And yes, Montana is comfortably ahead of Manning, and even Brady. To me, Brady's legacy will always be a little different, given how he won those superbowls. He was twice the player during his peak than he was during the Super Bowl runs. 2006-2010 Brady blows 2001-2005 Brady out of the water.

Montana is ahead by one Super Bowl. That's it.

So, how is that "comfortably"?

Last night and the 2004 AFCCG are all you need to know for why Brady is better than Manning even if you throw out all the other proof. There is no chance Manning could have done what Brady did in those two games in cold and windy weather. His game is not portable to bad weather.

Manning had a higher QBR in the playoffs up until last year, maybe even now. Personally, i think Brady has one big advantage, he doesn't overthink as much as Manning. Manning's biggest flaw is that he is sometimes overthinking the game.

I rate Brady higher than Manning at the moment, but if Manning would be able to win another superbowl, i'm pretty sure most expert would rate him higher than Brady. Brady is great, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't nearly the player early in his career that he is now.

His peak from 2005 till 2009 was much more impressive to me than his early years, even though he couldn't win another Super Bowl. Also, if Brady manages to win another one with this roster this year, or next year, i will rate him as 2nd all-time below Montana, and another MVP would probably seal it for him.

A couple factors to consider.

People talk about how Brady won his Super Bowls as though it was the defense. They tend to forget that in the Carolina Super Bowl, the defense gave up 29 points in 30 minutes. Brady put up a top 5 all-time Super Bowl yardage performance. He slung the ball all over the field. What kills me when people take credit away from Brady is that they say it was Vinatieri who was the key in the those Super Bowls. It's like they didn't even watch. Vinatieri missed two chippy field goals against Carolina. If he had had a normal Vinatieri day, the game doesn't even come down to the final seconds.

On Montana, why do people give Montana credit for losing more than Brady in the conference playoffs? He's undefeated in SBs, but he lost a lot more before the SBs.

A couple factors to hang your hat on.

1. The Brady of pre-2007 didn't have offensive weapons like Harrison, Wayne, Moss and Welker. He was throwing to Jermaine Wiggins, Deion Branch, David Patten, Reche Caldwell, David Givens, Jabar Gaffney, Donte Stallworth, etc. Only Troy Brown qualkifies as a special player. So it's no wonder Brady looked better later.

2. QBR and even qb rating are flawed for me. Brady's best year ever was last year. He controlled that offense and had it operating like a well-oiled machine. What floored me in stat analysis is that the pundits had Aaron Rodgers up there last year while Brady was down. The Patriots scored 36 points a game. Packers 28. The Patriots converted 50% of 3rd downs. Packers below 40%. The Patriots had 24 rushing TDs. The Packers 7. Countless times, Brady got them to the red zone, and they jammed the ball in running on short yardage. Brady had 4 rushing TDs himself. For me, QB rating and QBR are fantasy stats. The NFL Network fantasy show actually said Brady had a rough game last week (he threw one TD and the final interception against Carolina). Ridiculous, he had a great game.

3. Manning has higher ratings overall. BUT lower ratings both outdoors and in domes. Brady is higher rated than Manning when playing outdoors, AND when playing in domes. Figure that one out. For me, that's the damning statement right there.

Why? Because dome QB ratings are more than 10 points higher than outdoor ratings.

FACT: Brady > Manny

Simple as that....end of story.

Any questions?:D

Brady is amazing. The big difference between the two is how patient Brady is in the pocket, Manning has the quick release, but Brady's pocket awareness is unrivaled. Greatest ever

Yep, back to the old Brady!

He never left, early in the season it was awful drops and they were physically weak. Gronk and the emergence of Edelman changed that

Manning can't even play in the cold, he's such a priss. Brady > Manning always and forever.

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 1h
Crazy Stat of the Day: Tom Brady is 23-5 in games played in freezing temperatures since 2003. Peyton Manning is 1-6.

I always find it hard to compare QBs of different eras like Montana, but the debate between Brady and Manning has been re-hashed so many times it is mind-numbing. The difference in numbers in the cold weather and the playoffs are more or less THE difference maker and always will be. If Peyton wins two more SB's (which he definitely can) than it will be discussed even more.

I know why people in the media don't, but I think more replies to the question should be: "Who cares, just enjoy watching two masters of the position play the game." I hear it some and I can see why the discussion has more legs in their respective markets, but good lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes