PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady overtakes Manning in Touchdowns over Interceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty remarkable if you think about that in the regular season (and playoffs, of course, where Brady would pad his lead over the pressure-challenged Forehead). We hear about the big touchdown records, where Manning leads with 539. But, if you are to take touchdowns minus interceptions, Brady is the all-time leader. Manning has thrown a full 100 more INTs than Brady, and although he has more attempts, the percentages show a very wide gap as well. It's pretty fascinating to see just how many interceptions it took to get to this high number of TDs from some notable quantitative leaders. In reality, if you looked at analytics, I'm guessing that an interception would be closer to 1.5/2x the cost of one touchdown in terms of correlation to wins. Also, pretty remarkable where Rodgers is on this list considering the length of his career, even though his entire career has been played in the QB era and his "training years" were spent on the bench.

Brady 444 TDs - 151 INTs = 293
Manning 539 TDs - 251 INTs = 288
Brees 454 TDs - 213 INTs = 241
Rodgers 282 TDs - 72 INTs = 210
Favre 508 TDs - 336 INTs = 172
Marino 420 TDs - 252 INTS = 168
Montana 273 TDs - 139 INTs = 134

Brees will be right there with Brady most likely and fight it out for #2 and #1 but..

Brady needs 11,998 yards to pass Manning.
Brady needs 96 TDs to pass Manning
Brady will likely never catch Brees in completions or attempts but with 3 more seasons he likely passes Farve here at least in completions.

Brees will be right there with Brady most likely and fight it out for #2 and #1 but..

Brady needs 11,998 yards to pass Manning.
Brady needs 96 TDs to pass Manning
Brady will likely never catch Brees in completions or attempts but with 3 more seasons he likely passes Farve here at least in completions.

Brees has a bit of an edge in that he is younger than brady. I don't care - i just want to see forehead's records gone whether by brady or brees.

Last edited:
Peyton won't hold any regular season records when it's all said and done.

Brees will have yards, TDs, and comp. pct
Brady will have wins & win %
QBR will be between Rodgers & Wilson

So much for the greatest regular season QB ever :D

Brees has a bit of an edge in that he is much younger than brady. I don't care - i just want to see forehead's records gone whether by brady or brees.

I think Brees is only younger by 18 or so months though so it is close.

Brees has a bit of an edge in that he is much younger than brady. I don't care - i just want to see forehead's records gone whether by brady or brees.
Drew turns 38 in January. Tom turns the big 4-0 in August. Whats that a ~1y 7mos? Thats not that much.

I'd argue Tom's arm is stronger than Drew's

And if Tom can go 1 - 32 in his next 33 games he'll be tied with PM win/loss record.

That's nice but he still has like 90+ TD's to throw to beat him in the more important career TD's category.\

Since football has this thing called a "running game," "all time wins" is really the stat that should matter most when assessing the "greatness" QB IMO. Brady is going to blow Manning away in this category.

Pay-me-tons rings are fraudulent...

Pretty remarkable if you think about that in the regular season (and playoffs, of course, where Brady would pad his lead over the pressure-challenged Forehead). We hear about the big touchdown records, where Manning leads with 539. But, if you are to take touchdowns minus interceptions, Brady is the all-time leader. Manning has thrown a full 100 more INTs than Brady, and although he has more attempts, the percentages show a very wide gap as well. It's pretty fascinating to see just how many interceptions it took to get to this high number of TDs from some notable quantitative leaders. In reality, if you looked at analytics, I'm guessing that an interception would be closer to 1.5/2x the cost of one touchdown in terms of correlation to wins. Also, pretty remarkable where Rodgers is on this list considering the length of his career, even though his entire career has been played in the QB era and his "training years" were spent on the bench.

Brady 444 TDs - 151 INTs = 293
Manning 539 TDs - 251 INTs = 288
Brees 454 TDs - 213 INTs = 241
Rodgers 282 TDs - 72 INTs = 210
Favre 508 TDs - 336 INTs = 172
Marino 420 TDs - 252 INTS = 168
Montana 273 TDs - 139 INTs = 134

TD/INT Ratio

Brady 444 TDs - 151 INTs = 293 ----- 2.94
Manning 539 TDs - 251 INTs = 288 ----- 2.14
Brees 454 TDs - 213 INTs = 241 ------ 2.13
Rodgers 282 TDs - 72 INTs = 210 ----- 3.91
Favre 508 TDs - 336 INTs = 172 ---- 1.51
Marino 420 TDs - 252 INTS = 168 ---- 1.66
Montana 273 TDs - 139 INTs = 134 --- 1.96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back