PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on FAMILY GUY tonight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewie and Brian was much better than the Brady part. They should have written that better....

JoeSixPat said:
WTF - Next thing you know he'll be appearing on the Simpsons and SNL!

Regarding the other commentary in this thread, Family Guy, it seems to me, is just trying to out-Simpson the Simpsons, and is a knock off itself. Whiile much of the Simpsons humor is subtle social commentary Family Guy attempts to hit people over the head, ensuring that they don't miss any spoofs or parodies.

Also on The Simpsons when they have a celeb they draw them to look like the celeb (i.e. George Bush, Paul McCartney). If you showed me a still of the Tom Brady character from Family Guy without the football jersey and I would never guess it was Brady.

fg.jpg

There was some similarities to actual Pats games.

flags.jpg

:D

Couldn't help but laugh when Brady was using the hard count under center, good detail for a cartoon. "Set hut HUT!!!"

richpats said:
Couldn't help but laugh when Brady was using the hard count under center, good detail for a cartoon. "Set hut HUT!!!"

Since Brady did his own voice, they probably left that for him to improvise.

Welker83 said:
Stewie and Brian was much better than the Brady part. They should have written that better....

Honestly, the funniest scene was Lois flipping off her parents on camera.

Michael said:
Since Brady did his own voice, they probably left that for him to improvise.

I caught a hint of 'self-parody' in the snap count, maybe that's why I thought it was funny.

Actually, I thought the funniest part was the wife thowing wine on Brady so she and her daughter could watch him shower.

I found it pretty disappointing too. The London Silly Nannies parts were kinda funny, I kept thinking of our English bretheren (and sisteren).

Not one of the better episodes.

The other self parody, let's not forget, was Brady reading "Attractive Women Magazine"... stopping, and saying, "Wow, that's an attractive woman.".

The Jay Leno part was so randomly amusing.

In general, the more that show involves Stewie, the funnier it is. The more the show involes Meg, the worse it is.

(It's the same with Homer/Lisa in the Simpsons.)

Brady didn't hog the spotlight though. He brought Troy Brown along with him.

Pats/Hokies Fan said:
The other self parody, let's not forget, was Brady reading "Attractive Women Magazine"... stopping, and saying, "Wow, that's an attractive woman.".

The Jay Leno part was so randomly amusing.

In general, the more that show involves Stewie, the funnier it is. The more the show involes Meg, the worse it is.

(It's the same with Homer/Lisa in the Simpsons.)

The magazine bit was pretty funny too. Actually I don't mind having Meg in the show b/c I love some Mila Kunis (also "Jackie" from That 70s Show).

Michael said:
There was some similarities to actual Pats games.

flags.jpg

:D

And in the Pats shower room too:

b9d6c94a.jpg

Notice whats missing? And its not the rings...

LIDeadHead said:
And in the Pats shower room too:

b9d6c94a.jpg

Notice whats missing? And its not the rings...

Hey! He's got a groin injury.
icon8.gif

Last edited:
CTPatsFan said:
I found it pretty disappointing too. The London Silly Nannies parts were kinda funny, I kept thinking of our English bretheren (and sisteren).

Not one of the better episodes.

I wouldn't have taken you for a Family Guy fan, CTPatsFan... guess you learn something new every day.

In any event I agree with you... not one of the better episodes... the Song and Dance routine wasn't funny after 10 seconds, 30 seconds 60 seconds, and certainly didn't have to go on for a full 2 minutes.

The Goodfellasesque bookie violence was over the top - as it was intended - but they went over the top of the top when it wasn't necessary

Overall it seemed to me like they had limited material and were doing what they could to stretch out 10 minutes of writing to 22 minutes.

My only compaint about Family Guy in general is that they hit you over the head with the cultural references making sure that no one misses anything.

The Simpsons meanwhile don't pander to their audience, making jokes that a great many in the audience probably miss.

Arrested Development was the same way, and of course, that's why its no longer on - so I think shows like Family Guy are going to continue marketing to the lowest common denominator (even though most in that target audience doesn't even know what a common denominator is).

JoeSixPat said:
I wouldn't have taken you for a Family Guy fan, CTPatsFan... guess you learn something new every day.
Thank you, I take that as a complement. :)

Not a huge fan, but I do watch regularly. I would say I look more like Homer than Peter Griffin, albeit less yellow and wearing glasses. However, like both of them I am extremely lazy and already had a pic of Peter on my desktop, thus the avatar and location.

My sense of humor does tend to lead toward the sophmoric but I am able to reach over my head when needed. The Mrs. and I love(d) Arrested Development, and I agree with you when it comes to the humor involved (and in the Simpsons, too). When the Family Guy first came out, I found it hysterical, probably because they were so over the top. As time wore on, so did it. I still find it entertaining but it's not a must see for me anymore.

The Petard episode didn't help either. Like you said, they, the Family Guy, pick something and just beat it until it's a mushy, bloody pile. It wasn't so much that Peter said ****** or ******ed, it was the fact that he said it approximately 752 times (ok, a bit of a stretch) in a 1/2 hour episode.

I've always been thick skinned, but my kid has changed me somewhat. I'm selectively thick-skinned now. I still find South Park hysterical most of the time. They can be offensive, but they offend everyone. As I said, I can laugh along with the lowest common denominator. But the high brow stuff doesn't go over my head.

i dont care what any of you say. family guy is the greatest show on tv right now - other then curb your enthusiasm.

i didnt catch the episode, anyone know when its guna re-air?

As both a Family Guy fan and a Patriots fan (and a Brady fan) I'd have to say, this episode really isn't worth going through all that much trouble to catch.

They run old episodes on Cartoon Network during the week and TBS on the late night weekends, so I'm sure it'll eventually come up. If I notice it pop up on the guide, I'll post a heads up here for what it's worth.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
As both a Family Guy fan and a Patriots fan (and a Brady fan) I'd have to say, this episode really isn't worth going through all that much trouble to catch.

They run old episodes on Cartoon Network during the week and TBS on the late night weekends, so I'm sure it'll eventually come up. If I notice it pop up on the guide, I'll post a heads up here for what it's worth.

saweet.

on that note, have you ever seen robot chicken? now THAT is a funny show. its got the creaters of family guy on it once in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft