PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on D&C, defends BB's call

Status
Not open for further replies.
hearing Dale in opening segement today was excruciating
Dale and Holley Opening Segment on WEEI.

Quick summary for those of us at work?

Holley was brutal on CSN last nite, questioning the decision to call Faulk's # in that situation...are you kidding me Holley? The rank of clutch players on the Pats goes like this:

1) Brady
2) Faulk

3) everybody else.

Honestly, Wes & Moss may be better players, but who have had more big plays as Patriots than Brady or Faulk?!? No one. We had Faulk lined up on the linebacker - huge mismatch, Brady found him, made a good pass, Faulk made a good catch and we got a bad spot - that's all there is to it.

Last edited:
Quick summary for those of us at work?

Holley was brutal on CSN last nite, questioning the decision to call Faulk's # in that situation...are you kidding me Holley? The rank of clutch players on the Pats goes like this:

1) Brady
2) Faulk

3) everybody else.

Honestly, Wes & Moss may be better players, but who have had more big plays as Patriots than Brady or Faulk?!? No one. We had Faulk lined up on the linebacker - huge mismatch, Brady found him, made a good pass, Faulk made a good catch and we got a bad spot - that's all there is to it.
dale suggests thatthe call will remain forever in pats history and will be discussed forever in the future if they dont win the SB. if they lose on the road in the playoffs it will be brought up . He wants BB to be more apologetic and said he made a mistake or at least be nicer . Whatever...
it was stupid really...

So is Belichick supposed to apologize for every decision he makes that doesn't work out? Because he will have to do that after every game. This game has made people lose their minds.

dale suggests thatthe call will remain forever in pats history and will be discussed forever in the future if they dont win the SB. if they lose on the road in the playoffs it will be brought up . He wants BB to be more apologetic and said he made a mistake or at least be nicer . Whatever...
it was stupid really...

Did he really say that? Well he just convinced me that he is a ##$@ MORON.
What an idiot. This is exactly why I don't like the media, can't stand them.

The concept of an apology is just assanine. Like the call or not, it had at least a 50-50 chance to work and if Faulk catches the pass cleanly, it's a first down. Any talk about an apology is craziness.

I wonder how many felt the same. I couldn't get on this site when the game ended (needed a little mlc--misery loves company--therapy) so I went to bed, but every time I closed my eyes I saw Faulk not being given first down. My neighbor said the same. We're thinking about a 12-step program.

I did too. I couldn't fall asleep, i kept playing the last 5 minutes over in my mind but knowing there was nothing I could do about it and that it was just a game.
I woke up at 3 and immediately started thinking about the game again.. :(

Maybe Brady should apologize for not finding Welker instead of Faulk, or not throwing a deeper route, not to mention throwing an interception in the 3rd quarter. And the DL should apologize for running out of gas when they were playing undermanned the whole game. And Bodden and Wilhite should apologize for giving up TDs when they had tight coverage and Manning made perfect throws.

Maybe Brady should apologize for not finding Welker instead of Faulk, or not throwing a deeper route, not to mention throwing an interception in the 3rd quarter. And the DL should apologize for running out of gas when they were playing undermanned the whole game. And Bodden and Wilhite should apologize for giving up TDs when they had tight coverage and Manning made perfect throws.

Maybe we shouldn't listen to the local media, that's what I do :singing:
I just can't stand to listen to any of them spew at the mouth.

Maybe we shouldn't listen to the local media, that's what I do :singing:
I just can't stand to listen to any of them spew at the mouth.

I agree. I don't.

yup...give it a listen Dale and Holley Opening Segment on WEEI

Holley suggested that he wont apologize for the call because he believes its the right call. ...somehow dale wanted BBto handle it betterin the press like francona does...whatever..

Well aren't you a hell of a fan :rolleyes: That actually would have been better, strategically, since we'd have a real chance to come back, but I don't think that that's what you were getting at.

On a side note, this quote from Brady pretty much sums it up:

That's a not-so-subtle "shut the **** up, Tedy" if you ask me.

What else could I be getting at except that?

it was stupid really...

If this is playoff game, yes, it'll be discussed for a bit. Think anyone on this board going to remember this incident after Pats win 5 games in a row? It was debatable call but for god sake, its a freaking regular season game.

I love this

When you look at film, do you appreciate what Sebastian Volmer is doing to protect you?

Yeah, I do. I get a sense and a feeling for the rush and how it’s coming. We did a great job on those two guys (Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis). They’re so good. I don’t know if you can appreciate how good they are on TV. When I studied them for all eight games over the course of the year, what they’re able to do to an offense and the pressure they put on an offensive line is pretty unbelievable. It’s unlike any other team that we play. They have two guys who can pretty much dominate the game. Freeney goes without a tackle, without a sack. Mathis makes a couple good plays on (Nick) Kaczur

Go sea bass !

ya, Dale and Holley were playing the "hurt the defense's feelings" card yesterday in their interview with Merriweather and he did not bite. He was fine with it and stressed that he had already moved on to thinking about how to stop the Jets. I love hearing this. If the coach and the players were like their fans or worse, the media, they would never be able to prepare for their next game.

As for me getting over this game, I got over it the next morning when my daughter told me she heard some new vocabulary from upstairs while I was watching the game.

My wife and kids had a good laugh at how personally I take these stupid games. I have no response other than "I know, there is nothing rational about it."

Also, having played at the high school level in football and baseball, when you play its just much more natural to get over the bad things. Fans are just helpless so we have nothing to do but care.

Heading in for therapy now.

I love this

Go sea bass !

The only thing that I can disagree with Brady about is the job Kaczur did on Mathis, which wasn't a very good one. In the second half, especially, Mathis was constantly getting into our backfield and into Brady's face. I suspect that Brady is just being a team player about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe