PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on Caldwell on SD's Opinion of the Pariots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me. There are plenty of articles with quotes from Chargers players. Open disrespect means it's out there for all to see. So... go do your google thang and find me some proof of such blatant activity by the Chargers and their players.
Who the **** says "thang"? Wow..

Last edited:
Show me. There are plenty of articles with quotes from Chargers players. Open disrespect means it's out there for all to see. So... go do your google thang and find me some proof of such blatant activity by the Chargers and their players.

Exactly. This sounds like closet disrespect to me. ;)

Who the **** says "thang"? Wow..

A poster educated in Southern California. Wonderful school systems...tax dollars at work people.

Exactly. This sounds like closet disrespect to me. ;)

eminem2.gif

I don't understand the problem with playing the disrespect card. There is a pretty simple way to keep the Pats from playing the disrespect card: Treat them the way they treat everyone else! Don't go on CBS in the middle of their game and say how the other team is easily going to win!
And even if they are making something out of nothing, what's the difference? They motivate themselves their way, and you guys can do it your way...although I'm not quite sure how you people do it in So Cal...maybe take a few testosterone pills?

I don't understand the problem with playing the disrespect card. There is a pretty simple way to keep the Pats from playing the disrespect card: Treat them the way they treat everyone else! Don't go on CBS in the middle of their game and say how the other team is easily going to win!
And even if they are making something out of nothing, what's the difference? They motivate themselves their way, and you guys can do it your way...although I'm not quite sure how you people do it in So Cal...maybe take a few testosterone pills?
Even worse than saying the Jets will win... Saying they were doing a good job keeping the Pats off the score board. The Patriots scored 17 at the half. What a moron. The drug has addled his brain.

Even worse than saying the Jets will win... Saying they were doing a good job keeping the Pats off the score board. The Patriots scored 17 at the half. What a moron. The drug has addled his brain.

Hey, I'm not sure how many D1 scholarship athletes need additional brain damage to make them stupid ;)

Hey, I'm not sure how many D1 scholarship athletes need additional brain damage to make them stupid ;)
Well...ok, Merriman was an idiot even before he took steroids. But seriously, you have to be extremely confused to say the Jets are keeping them off the board when the Pats scored 17 at the half, especially when he claims he is WATCHING the game.

Last edited:
Just can't believe Rivers got to probowl over other QBs not just Brady.
What has he done? He's got promise ... but hasn't accomplished anything
spectacular this year.
another example of ProBowl = farce

it would be kinda of justice if Pats can make him really look mundane.

Well...ok, Merriman was an idiot even before he took steroids. But seriously, you have to be extremely confused to say the Jets are keeping them off the board when the Pats scored 17 at the half, especially when he claims he is WATCHING the game.

The guys on WEEI the next day (Dale and Holly) were convinced he got confused and was watching the November game on Tivo :p

The fact that your players are working up the anger in response to meaningless crap goes to show they know they're going to need something extra to hang with the Chargers.
You can take comfort in that can you, that although you will be beaten, the other team had to get up extra in order to beat you?

Your team has more talent in many positions, it is true, but it is way too full of itself and WAY over-confident. Pride goeth before a fall, son, and while you may win or you may lose, you are tipping the scales toward losing every day.

Where what you call "meaningless crap" takes effect is in the fourth quarter, when everyone is tired, and onlyh the mentally tough can keep going at full capacity for a play, collapse, then get up for the next play. Think Kellen Winslow against the Dolphins so many years ago. When the game is close to ending, that's where that "meaningless crap" becomes important. Players use the disrespect and insults to dig deeper, and suffer rather than let the other guy off the hook.

You will see. Your team may still win, but it is becoming more and more likely it will be humbled. Hopefully they will learn from this for next year.

Deep down you know this. If you had faith in your team, you wouldn't be over here desparately trying to convince us of how wrong we are.

If you listen to what Brady said, he was saying that Reche was telling him about stuff the coach and the Charger players talked about to get themselves up for the game last year against the Pats, that the Pats weren't any good. Brady says it's the stuff all teams do, he said something like "your pride is involved, it's what all teams do. We told ourselves we didn't think the Jets were any good, and of course they're good, but you have to convince yourself they're not."

So actually listening to Brady's comments, I'm not sure if he was even playing the disrespect card.

And neither do their fans. Ohh well it will make victory even sweeter.

Not this fan. I think very highly of that Patriots and they definitely are the team of the decade. I even like the Pats before Brady and Belicheck. What they've done is nothing short of amazing.

But I really feel that this season, the Chargers is the better team and should win this Sunday. With absolutely no disrespect to the Patriots, because you guys are very very good. It's just that we're better.

Not this fan. I think very highly of that Patriots and they definitely are the team of the decade. I even like the Pats before Brady and Belicheck. What they've done is nothing short of amazing.

But I really feel that this season, the Chargers is the better team and should win this Sunday. With absolutely no disrespect to the Patriots, because you guys are very very good. It's just that we're better.

You know it seems like the 2001 Rams and their fans also had your opinion also.
"The Greatest Show on Turf" :D

Funnny quote from Tommy from Reiss' blog :

"Reche has a bunch of familiarity with those guys, I know he's friends with a lot of those guys, and they don't think too highly of us from what Reche says."

I guess he's working the motivational techniques already :)
That's funny...I think it's the other way around. I think we never did think too highly of Reche....big eyed, a-l-l-i-g-a-t-o-r armed, false starting SOB!!!!!

Last edited:

Hmmm... it may just be the other way around you know. A team that has won a few Superbowls in the recent past facing a team led by a first year starter with a coach that didn't have a lot of post season success. Just something to think about.

Hey, give the guy a break, that was the classiest post by a Charger fan all week.

Tomlinson21- Schottenheimer himself said Reche was cut purely because he couldn't stay healthy. Every year he started pretty well but ended up getting hurt. Now people are seeing that he can actually play football.

And his eyes are awesome :rocker:

you guys will be disappointed in Caldwell in the playoffs.

Hey, give the guy a break, that was the classiest post by a Charger fan all week.

Tomlinson21- Schottenheimer himself said Reche was cut purely because he couldn't stay healthy. Every year he started pretty well but ended up getting hurt. Now people are seeing that he can actually play football.

And his eyes are awesome :rocker:

Thanks. Because let me tell you... if we were playing any other team, I wouldn't make the effort to come to their boards to find out what the opposing fans are thinking or contribute my own thoughts. It's only out of respect for what the Patriots have done over the past 5 years with essentially a cast of unknowns. It truly is amazing but at times I do wonder how long it'll last.

Just can't believe Rivers got to probowl over other QBs not just Brady.
What has he done? He's got promise ... but hasn't accomplished anything
spectacular this year.
another example of ProBowl = farce

it would be kinda of justice if Pats can make him really look mundane.

What has Rivers done? Well, he's the first QB in history to lead an offense to 17-point comebacks two weeks in a row. He led this team to 5 fourth-quarter comebacks. He was either #1 or #2 (can't recall) in the NFL in 4th-quarter QB rating. He only threw 1 pick in the 4th quarter all year. And his stats are as good as or better than any other AFC QB that would have been in the running for the pro-bowl this year. Oh, and his team went 14-2.

There was only one other QB that could realistically have been in the pro-bowl besides Rivers this year and that's Brady. And you can really only put Brady in there if you credit him for the things he's done in the past or if you try to pro-rate his numbers for the fact that you guys have less talent on offense, because when you put their numbers side-by-side, PR's are as good or better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents