PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady leads NFL with 21 game-winning drives in 4th quarter since 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means I think Brady is a better player than a lot of the rotating line-up of teammates he has played with are, not what you are thinking....I am not talking at all about what his teammates think of him, just that he is one of the best players on the team.

It means that he would have more comebacks than some of his narrow defeats if his teammates had not been rookies, or 'B' level players from free agency, and so on. I think Brady will look better than ever when his offense features some big time play makers and a really solid O-Line and a two headed running game.

I think that 20 years from now, NFL Films will show some highlight of Brady scoring a touchdown in a Superbowl to comeback and win the game. And nobody will be saying that he won the game because the kicker was good.

Last edited:
5 Rings for Brady!! said:
One thing I hate about going to other websites is that fans of other teams always fall back on one particular way to discredit Brady. Just like we say Manning is a choker in order to dismiss his impressive regular season stats, fans from all around the net always say that our kicker was the whole reason we won the Superbowl games, and they point to the margin of victory as proof.

I realize this will seem petty to some, but I want Brady to win a couple on his own, without Adam. And since, IMHO, Adam is declining towards the 'average' from his previous high level of play, I think Adam is ready for a dome to keep up his stats, and the Pats are ready to win a couple bowls with Brady throwing a late touchdown or two. I believe that Brady will do just that, and I think the Pats will survive with another kicker.

Petty as this may be to some, I think it will also shut up the main criticism that haters make about Brady. Since they can't find anything bad to say about Brady himself, they claim that the kicker made the QB famous. Until we win a blow-out or two in the Superbowl, this image will stick for as long as critics can keep it alive.

I would hate to have Brady's career highlights in the distant future be tied to kicking field goals, and I don't think they will be. I think he will have his Elway and Montana moments in the next few years, and I believe that the divorce with Adam is the first step towards Brady proving the critics wrong. I think his defining moments are yet to come, and I don't think that the critics will be able to remember him as the guy that 'set up' field goals. ;)
The thing that these folks miss so completely and that is so huge is that the Patriots play to maximize their chances of winning and Brady is the master at the helm in executing that. A three point win is a WIN. So what you see in these games are the Patriots and Brady trading off the 'go for a TD' mentality for a game controlling high odds plan of just getting first downs to get into field goal range. Result ? They win by 3 points or solidly tie the game and win in OT. Why do all these folks and media pundits not get that ?? ??

The contrast is Manning who goes for his personal 'do it himself' and personal glory resulting in a loss. What don't they get ?? Prime example is Manning's last drive in the Denver playoff game. He did his usual brilliant QB drive until they got to 2nd down and 2 where a field goal at that field position would be a 46 yarder. He had 31 seconds and 2 time outs left. You can figure that the Pats and Brady would first make sure they got the next first down and enough yards so that they would have a high odds field goal at a minimum so that for sure they would at least go to OT rather than losing. And with 31 seconds left, my money is on Brady getting it into the end zone anyway for an outright win. But they WOULDN'T risk the possibility of not getting a field goal to at least keep the game alive.

So what does ego boy Manning do ?? Instead of grinding out a few more yards, gettting a first down, and getting closer for a FG to at least tie, he uses two downs on passes going for the TD or a reception near the goal line. Result ?? Two incomplete passes leaving a 46 yard field goal which Vanderjagt misses. What don't people get about 3 points being a WIN (or getting you to OT where you win) rather than going for more points and ending up with a loss ?? It just doesn't seem like brain surgery. They are trying to diminish Brady's performance and all they do is show how ignorant they are about fundamental strategies to WIN games and superbowls. Of course, who cares about the pundits. I just hope Manning and other coaches and QBs don't get over being so dumb and don't get a clue. Superbowl wins are SO much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft