PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady is snubbed. Roethlisberger named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Brady win it last week? I am guessing they weren't going to give it to him two weeks in a row.
I -think- Philip Rivers won it last week.

Ben Roethlisberger: 21-27, 369 yards, 3 TD vs. 49ers
Tom Brady: 38-59, 466 yards, 3 TD vs. Bills

Brady passed for more yardage against the Bills than any other quarterback has done in the 56-year history of that franchise.

During that game, he became the first player in NFL history to have the following combination in the same game: 450 or more passing yards, three passing touchdowns, no interceptions and 55 or more passing attempts.

He was going up against the highest paid front 4 in the NFL (those players are worth quarter billion dollars) and went surgical on a Top 5 defense in the League. And whereas Ben was playing at a home game, Brady and Pats were trying to contend with a notoriously hostile (and loud) crowd.

Yea its a total joke but get used to it.. media already has Aaron Rodgers as MVP because of James Jones, Brady could go undefeated and get 60+ TDs and they'll give it to someone else

I also think the players of the week are voted on by the fans, and general opinion of Brady and the Pats is not very good

At least they didn't give Tommy a demerit.

Brady don't need no stinking badges.

Ben had to overcome the other team breaking so many unwritten rules though

Found this on reddit. . . .

SSfjBUe.jpg

I saw this posted by a Pats fan during the Monday night game. Too funny.

It looks like the NFL just can't stop throwing egg in their own faces. The snub to Brady is just almost comical, and so obvious even ESPN can't help but notice. What is pathetic, however, is just how infantile, petty and unnecessary it was.

Neither Brady or the Pats don't give a **** about such a contrived act of self congratulation by the league in the first place. But the snub is just so obviously intentional, the boobs from Park Ave can't help but look small and petty. You can almost see them all cackling around their desks this morning congratulating themselves on how they "got Tom good". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I -think- Philip Rivers won it last week.

Really?!? He was mediocre in week 1. Two TDs and 2 INTs. Brady threw 4 TDs passes week one. Hell, Gronk with 3 TDs deserved it more than Rivers.

I don't have a problem Roethlisberger getting the award this week, but Rivers last week was just dumb.

Really?!? He was mediocre in week 1. Two TDs and 2 INTs. Brady threw 4 TDs passes week one. Hell, Gronk with 3 TDs deserved it more than Rivers.

I don't have a problem Roethlisberger getting the award this week, but Rivers last week was just dumb.
I don't know. There seem to be two awards, one given by the NFL, the other at NFL.com voted on by fans dubbed the Fedex Player of the Week. I guess.

Sometimes a player can get too many awards.

Super Bowl ring.
Super Bowl MVP
NFLPA Defendant MVP:eek:

That aside, I only care about the tour.

Ben is playing well. It would have been bigger issue if they handed it to Cutler..

Meh, I'm sure the pats would rather have a 5th lombardi.

Peter King was just on weei and said that Brady not winning the player of the week was wrong....that it was in the top 5 Brady performances of his career and doesn't understand it at all

Last edited:
I'm sure there are already a few posts in the same vein (the subject matter makes this TL : DR by default), but I am now of the mind that I want Brady immersed in an endless torrent of disrespect. To paraphrase a poster's past movie quote, he'll use it as touchdownin' fuel.

Last edited:
Peter King was just on weei and said that Brady not winning the player of the week was wrong....that it was in the top 5 Brady performances of his career and doesn't understand it at all
I heard King's interview as well. And, yes, he said he "he didn't understand it.". Well, we all know that's a fib, because we all understand exactly what is going on here. The league's jihad against the Patriots and Brady continues full speed ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST