PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady appeal decision coming next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the roughly six thousand things that frustrate the hell out of me with all this, the phone stuff is right up there.

Wells & his minions have said repeatedly that they didn't want Brady to turn over his phone, just to convey if there was anything there of note, which Brady and his team said there wasn't. I'm really at a loss as to what we're even talking about with the goddamn phone.

Does anyone know the timeline on the whole phone thing? What I'm getting at, did the press speculate on non-coop first, then the next mediot says yeah and see here TB didn't turn over his phone, publishes story about phone and non-coop, other mediots cherrypick go the easy phone 'what u hiding' angle, more run with it, ESPN picks it up, it becomes the accepted public and party line truth after 3 days non-stop on ESPN.

And along the way did the NFL change its tune based on this public response above? I don't think the NFL mentioned it at all at first. Then did they begin to notice the PR, use the same language and focus on it once the media and ESPN (and public) built it up as well?

I can't really remember how the phone got to such a prominent focal point in all this, key to the appeal, and so quickly. Almost like it was there all the time, but I don't think that is how it happened. As I recall at first it was ignored or at best a side note, then rose up in importance quickly once others found it bolstered their viewpoint and was something easy to grasp for joe public.

So what are the actual facts here. What are the press releases and dates from NFL, Wells, TB, lawyers, etc. Those in the know I wonder.

Last edited:
appeal denied.
24-7 brady bashing on nfl network.

tom should avoid giving them interviews if that's possible. espn as well.

appeal denied.
24-7 brady bashing on nfl network.

tom should avoid giving them interviews if that's possible. espn as well.

That would be the beauty of a defamation suit! Brady would sue the NFL for slander and then play the whole season under a temporary restraining order and claim that he can not speak to the press upon advice from his lawyers!!

BRILLANT!!!

The NFL would look like complete smacks, their biggest star not speaking to the press! That's what seven prime time games without a single interview, pre or post game press conference.

Goodell milkin it just like it started SB Week. Could have all been avoided with a real Commissioner from git'go. All Geniuses in Jets I Mean NFL* Office didn't look down road. Brady MUST finish'm off!

I just can't understand how Kraft can sit idly by

All Brady needs to do in a court of law is show the judge T. David Gardi's official letter to the Patriots of January 19, 2015 with the knowingly false information that the NFL never corrected and was not corrected until the Wells Report came out 4 months later.

The NFL had the PSi measures. They knowingly gave Mortenson false ones (but unless he gives his source, we will never know who) and they knowingly gave the Patriots false ones - - "I call for our first witness, Mr. T. David Gardi......"

One piece of paper.

Hundreds of millions of dollars to Mr. Brady from the NFL.
From your lips to God's ears!

I want Gotohell to hold his ground and TB to take him to court and expose the MFL and the owners (including Kraft) for what they are. Manipulating, lying, crooks, who fabricate a game that we all loved to watch. Love to watch when there were real outcomes of games. Where your team could win on a equal playing field.... Where were these pricks when the Pats sucked?

Why do I follow this league? I feel so much shame that i care :(
You are not alone..Player X is carted off with a broken leg, bad concussion and there a momentary "that's a damn shame " post or two followed by the "next man up" pronouncement. It's as predictable as 1+1 = 2

It's annoying that goodell is going to take another week just for optic purposes. But at least It is coming soon, so their will be more time to get this case to the courts.

Glad they're not going to drag this out like the Hardy appeal.

There are two timing issues that matter for us, and they conflict a little:

1. We want it in court, with a preliminary injunction granted, so that it's known Brady won't be suspended at the opening of the season, and that having happened before training camp opens. That timeline would allow TC to proceed informed by the knowledge that -- of course barring injury -- Brady will be the QB for most of all of 2015-16.

2. We want the case not to actually be resolved until after the 2016 Super Bowl -- preferably soon after -- so that any part of the suspension that is upheld doesn't occur until 2016-17.

A further complication as to what we want -- a Brady suspension could have a silver lining if Jimmy G shines and boosts his trade value, ala' Cassell. If that happens, when would be best for us for it to occur?

I just can't understand how Kraft can sit idly by
He is a big part of the machine that we are all fighting . And believe me, they are way more important to him than you or me. F him.

Herm Edwards (yes, another with ties to the Jets) parrots what seems to be the standard line.....If the suspension is reduced, it will look like Goodell caved because of his friendship with Kraft. The well has been poisoned, most people still seem to believe Brady and the Patriots were caught red handed. The very idea that it is more likely than not that no deflation occurred at all is inconceivable to many fans, reporters and commentators.

And, that is the NFL's fault.

Unless Brady is exonerated, take them to court. Even if he loses, he might win in public opinion.

Herm Edwards (yes, another with ties to the Jets) parrots what seems to be the standard line.....If the suspension is reduced, it will look like Goodell caved because of his friendship with Kraft. The well has been poisoned, most people still seem to believe Brady and the Patriots were caught red handed. The very idea that it is more likely than not that no deflation occurred at all is inconceivable to many fans, reporters and commentators.

And, that is the NFL's fault.

Unless Brady is exonerated, take them to court. Even if he loses, he might win in public opinion.
Actually, a large part of that is Krafts fault. When Kraft caved many thought and think a back room deal was struck and cozy strolls together with Godell reinforces that.

I think the only way this gets resolved without a court case from Brady is no suspension and a $50,000 fine max. Anything more and there will be case before Doty in Minneapolis. Rest assured that Kraft will be backing Goodell 100% and trying everything legal to try to get Brady to accept whatever Goodell determines.
My hatred for Kraft grows daily. I still can't believe that mutha ****er bent over and took it in the ass from Goodell. He really ****ed over the team, the fans, and especially Brady. I will NEVER forgive that piece of ****. Seeing him makes me physically ill. He should be fighting for his team and the best player who's ever been on this team. Without Brady, nobody knows who the **** Robert Kraft is. He can go **** himself.

at this point i don't care if people say Kraft had a hand in the suspension being overturned.

I would rather the real facts--AEI, Tom Kordis's recent analysis (in the Deflategate section, I'd highly recommend you all read it if you haven't already, it's fantastic), the Gardi letter, Mort report, etc--see the light of day in court than be forgotten.
Haven't been in there for awhile. How many volumes in his series now? :p

That would be the beauty of a defamation suit! Brady would sue the NFL for slander and then play the whole season under a temporary restraining order and claim that he can not speak to the press upon advice from his lawyers!!

BRILLANT!!!

The NFL would look like complete smacks, their biggest star not speaking to the press! That's what seven prime time games without a single interview, pre or post game press conference.

does brady have to talk?? i understand the midweek press conferences but what about the sit downs with nbc/espn/nfln?? does he HAVE to talk to them? lol
lets say we get to another SB, brady should do the minimum amount of time like lynch and walk out. would be brilliant.

A further complication as to what we want -- a Brady suspension could have a silver lining if Jimmy G shines and boosts his trade value, ala' Cassell. If that happens, when would be best for us for it to occur?

I don't see how a great coach like Bill Belichick would even begin to compare the two situations.

CASSEL

--7 years ago, was nothing more than a low round pick with low expectations, and Brady had just come off what was arguably the greatest QB'ing season of all-time. It was a no brainer to trade Cassel. There was no real debate, and paying him to be a backup was completely out of the question.

JG

--one of the best QBs taken in the entire draft, 2nd round pick spent, Brady is now in his late 30s, and the team has at least one eye on the immediate future. I can't see how they'd entertain the thought of trading him, particularly if he shines in our system, per your hypothetical scenario. Just my opinion, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe