PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady appeal decision coming next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When? Don't see that.

Sorry, it was a tweet from patsfans referencing a CBSSports article referencing an interview on Toucher and Rich.

And I personally don't buy it. Unless we've all been wrong about him. But the science, the faulty report, the idea that Brady would accept any penalty if innocent...nope, not seeing it.

Why can't a competent journalist ask Mr Goodell what the hell could be holding his decision up for so long? Is it because he's not sure if he wants to reduce the suspension to 2 games from 4 or is he considering wiping slate clean but keeping the non cooperation charge? Or is he considering increasing the punishment.
Really just ask the guy..Roger, why the hell are you taking so long with this decision?

I agree.
How is it the punishment can be decided 24 hours after the report comes out, but hearing new evidence -- which he should've already been aware of, takes weeks to figure out

Ben Violin says it will be tomorrow or the day after.

I agree.
How is it the punishment can be decided 24 hours after the report comes out, but hearing new evidence -- which he should've already been aware of, takes weeks to figure out

It's very hard to figure out which way the wind is blowing when it won't stop blowing.

I agree.
Maybe because the punishment was decided before the Wells report came out.....

Last edited:
Ben Violin says it will be tomorrow or the day after.
Glenn Ordway said it would be Thursday. He was right on with the Wells Report release, so I definitely kept checking for news all day long, but no such luck.

Maybe Ordway knew something after all, but something caused a last minute delay....

I agree.
The Wells Report came out on a Wednesday afternoon, the punishments came out on Monday. I have to think that was so the NFL could gauge the public reaction. When it was overwhelmingly negative (and why wouldn't it be when the prosecutor's statement was getting all the coverage?).

Now, the question is why is this taking so long? First I think they are gauging reaction again (and with Peter King, Mike Florio and others criticizing the report) the reaction is considerably different. However, I think Goodell is trying to figure out how to make this all go away while saving face. I think he's tried sending feelers out to Brady's camp and the NFLPA has responded publicly that's not going to happen.

If Brady is innocent (as we all think he is), he must ensure that he is remembered as "four time Super Bowl champion" and NOT "cheater". He must make clear if the suspension is not overturned, he will let the NFLPA go to court to challenge the process. If that fails, he'll file a defamation suit. If that fails, he will encourage a writer to investigate and hope to get somebody involve to flip. If that doesn't work, then something else. He must make the NFL understand that he will NEVER let this go until he is exonerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back