PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Moss names mentioned in rap lyrics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, my girlfriend doesn't agree. She made me watch Son-In-Law for the second time this month.

Wha??? :eek: She better be hot!

The song is "get that paper" by dblock and a bunch of other rappers

D-Block is a group of rappers (Jadakiss, Styles P, Sheek Louch most notably).

What do you know about music? Seriously. Try being in a jazz band without being a musician. You can't play a song without knowing how to play an instrument. The only thing you can really pull off without being knowledgable about music is singing. Then again, when you are rapping, you aren't even singing...you are "rapping." I've never seen a person rap and play an instrument at the same time, either. Have you? You don't even need a band to rap. It's entertaining for about 5 minutes. Sure, they are getting down with the beat, but it's boring, and I get sick of the way it sounds real quick.

I won't say that I hate all rap, but just most of it. Most good rappers aren't even close to being musicians.

Let me guess. You're experience playing Jazz is with your High school jazz band :rolleyes: As for your comment on singers....:rofl: Get back in school kid

Revolution 9 isn't a song, really. It's not music at all.

:eek: You must be a 'classical' musician, because they're the only ones who would say that. They're in their own little worlds:D

I beg to differ. Jim was a great singer IMO. A lot of it was his presence and personna...he was an icon, but I love the way he sang. He might not have had a huge range, but he got the job done.

You've played guitar for 20 years, and this is your opinion? Jim was NOT a great singer. He DID have a good range in the STUDIO. Hell, Taylor Swift sounds good on a record. Jim sounded like sh*t live, and not always because of the booze. Bottom line, Jim was an ok singer, and he'd said as much in 1,000 interviews. The doors in general, were very creative musicians, but not that good. Thats the key to good music. You don't have to be very good, to make a good CD. You just have to be creative, and FEEL the music your creating.

You've played guitar for 20 years, and this is your opinion? Jim was NOT a great singer. He DID have a good range in the STUDIO. Hell, Taylor Swift sounds good on a record. Jim sounded like sh*t live, and not always because of the booze. Bottom line, Jim was an ok singer, and he'd said as much in 1,000 interviews. The doors in general, were very creative musicians, but not that good. Thats the key to good music. You don't have to be very good, to make a good CD. You just have to be creative, and FEEL the music your creating.

Jim was a great singer to me if I think that he sounds great when he sings, no? I can see where you are coming from when you differentiate between live and recorded music, but I have many live Doors recording that were fantastic. Their studio recordings were perfect, but their live shows were a hit and miss because of the nature of what they were doing. When they hit, they REALLY hit. Jim fancied himself a poet hiding behind the music in a way...but he had a really cool sounding voice that I like. It was INTERESTING always.

The bottom line is that we each have our opinion, not that Jim was a great singer or not.

:eek: You must be a 'classical' musician, because they're the only ones who would say that. They're in their own little worlds:D

Actually, I read somewhere that John pushed that "song" to be on the album just to piss Paul off a bit. It's not a song, that much you can be sure of...fantastic album, nonetheless.

Last edited:
Let me guess. You're experience playing Jazz is with your High school jazz band :rolleyes: As for your comment on singers....:rofl: Get back in school kid

Wrong guess.

Also, I'm 37. My take on singers is true. They are the only members of a band that don't really have to know about music to sound good. Didn't say that singers don't know about music in general, but they don't necessarily have to be technical about it at all. Ever been in a karaoke situation? Tell me a person can't stand up and sing a song decently, and then hand that same person an instrument they've never played...compare the difference.

I'm not saying it doesn't take talent or practice to be a great singer, but it's not even close to being the same thing as playing an instrument. If you play an instrument, you absolutely HAVE to know what's going on all the time with the changes and the melody in a technical way. Singers just wait for their que, remember the words, and play off the music everybody else is creating as a backdrop.

Wrong guess.

Also, I'm 37. My take on singers is true. They are the only members of a band that don't really have to know about music to sound good. Didn't say that singers don't know about music in general, but they don't necessarily have to be technical about it at all. Ever been in a karaoke situation? Tell me a person can't stand up and sing a song decently, and then hand that same person an instrument they've never played...compare the difference.

I'm not saying it doesn't take talent or practice to be a great singer, but it's not even close to being the same thing as playing an instrument. If you play an instrument, you absolutely HAVE to know what's going on all the time with the changes and the melody in a technical way. Singers just wait for their que, remember the words, and play off the music everybody else is creating as a backdrop.

I dare you to say that to Henry Rollins.

20060827_201419henry-rollins.jpg

There's alot more to singing well than that. Many singers treat their voice just like they would an instrument.

I think this has become an argument where one side is talking about music from a technical proficienct perspective and the other from an emotional/utilitarian perspective. That argument isn't going anywhere.

Rap has gone so BAD lately. Lil "No Game" Wayne and Soulja "No Skills" Boy arent gonna cut it. Neither will any of these fake rappers of today.

And BTW, BRADY AND MOSS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Rap has gone so BAD lately. Lil "No Game" Wayne and Soulja "No Skills" Boy arent gonna cut it. Neither will any of these fake rappers of today.

Where's Grandmaster Flash when we need him ;)

I think this has become an argument where one side is talking about music from a technical proficienct perspective and the other from an emotional/utilitarian perspective. That argument isn't going anywhere.

Feldspar's side isn't even an argument, it's more like an insistent fetish for instruments he likes. The whole "it's a matter of opinion" thing is just a bull**** copout for trolling a thread. It's ignorance in the guise of opinion, with no real analysis.

I was a (amateur) musician for over a decade, playing several instruments, and he's completely full of crap. He can't pull the "an experienced musician says so argument" - it means nothing. All he has is "I don't like rap and I like guitars, and anything I don't like isn't music in my opinion." Go listen to Rush, feldspar.

He can't pull the "an experienced musician says so argument" - it means nothing. All he has is "I don't like rap and I like guitars, and anything I don't like isn't music in my opinion." Go listen to Rush, feldspar.

Thats what makes it funny. On a message board, sometimes you find yourself arguing with someone, and don't even realize who they might be. They might actually know what they're talking about, and have the credentials to back it up. Let him spout off about playing guitar for 20 years. Who cares? ;)

Feldspar's side isn't even an argument, it's more like an insistent fetish for instruments he likes. The whole "it's a matter of opinion" thing is just a bull**** copout for trolling a thread. It's ignorance in the guise of opinion, with no real analysis.

I was a (amateur) musician for over a decade, playing several instruments, and he's completely full of crap. He can't pull the "an experienced musician says so argument" - it means nothing. All he has is "I don't like rap and I like guitars, and anything I don't like isn't music in my opinion." Go listen to Rush, feldspar.

I don't need a bull**** copout to troll a thread, which isn't what I'm doing, apple pie. I didn't put anybody down or make assumptions about other people here, unlike some people. Of couse it's opinion...if you like it, it's good. Pretty simple.

I didn't mean to whip out my credentials in order to say that my opinion is more valid than somebody else's. I did it to demonstrate that I'm a serious fan of music and actually focus in on it. I'm more than a casual listener. And, once again, I never said rap isn't music. It's BAD MUSIC to ME because I don't like it...I don't like the way it sounds, and that's the most important reason. All I did was elaborate on why I don't like it.

And forget about guitar. I never said music has to be guitar music for me to like it. Didn't even suggest that. I ain't ignorant, and my opinion is valid if you can wrap your head around it and stop arguing a strawman.

I dare you to say that to Henry Rollins.

20060827_201419henry-rollins.jpg

There's alot more to singing well than that. Many singers treat their voice just like they would an instrument.

I would say only nice things to Henry Rollins. LOL.

Maybe I was being a bit simplistic about it there. There are many, many different styles of singing. I wouldn't even disagree if you said the voice IS an instrument and an artform of itself...but it's more of a natural thing. Most anyone can sing...maybe not sing well, but sing nonetheless. And of course you get better with practice. We'd have to be talking about someone specific to get into it further because I have great respect for some singers. Sometimes they are the best part of a band. They're usually out front of the whole song, the focal point. I'm not putting down singers per se, I'm putting down rap. A lot of rapping isn't really singing IMO, it's rapping, which again, I don't like...most of what I've heard, anyway. Anyone can call rapping singing if they'd like, and I wouldn't get into a fist-fight over it, but I wouldn't agree, either.

Also, in the end, all forms of music is based on emotion, not technicality. What would be the reason behind it if it didn't make you feel a certain way?

It's BAD MUSIC to ME because I don't like it.

White kid trolls a thread about rap music with his under-developed music tastes. What have you contributed? Nothing. You are a troll. And a crap one at that.

White kid trolls a thread about rap music with his under-developed music tastes. What have you contributed? Nothing. You are a troll. And a crap one at that.

I happen to have that poster on ignore, but rap music sucking, or not sucking, has nothing to do with his race, and many people with highly developed musical tastes think that rap sucks ass.

Also, in the end, all forms of music is based on emotion, not technicality. What would be the reason behind it if it didn't make you feel a certain way?

No. A guy like Shostakovitch is also looking to make you think. If you go off the way a thing sounds emotively, then much of the time you're missing it (which, mixed with his seventh, is probably why the Soviets didn't kill him - they didn't understand his music well enough).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes