PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Moss names mentioned in rap lyrics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me a teenage girl that listens to that song, and I'll show you an early stage Rosie O'Donnell with a two pack a day reds habit.

Just for the Twilight part, friend.

And your description is strangely erotic.

So anyone here like Dream Theater?

So anyone here like Dream Theater?

Images and Words is one of my favorite albums of all time...

...unfortunatley, I never bought any of thier stuff after Awake. I don't know why, I always liked anything of thiers I heard. Maybe I'll use the interwebs to check out the newer stuff.

Images and Words is one of my favorite albums of all time...

...unfortunatley, I never bought any of thier stuff after Awake. I don't know why, I always liked anything of thiers I heard. Maybe I'll use the interwebs to check out the newer stuff.

Have you heard anything from Metropolis 2?

hip-hop...think about it. Nah, it's all about the beat, not the melody. You can't play guitar without a melody or catchy riff. I have an informed opinion...don't expect me to respect your opinion if you don't respect mine.

See, you don't have an informed opinion. There's nothing to respect in that. It's hardly about the beat at all. It's all about the lyrics, the skill of the rapper, the purpose and effect of the samples, the compositional pastiche, then the beat, and then how it all works together. Pretty much like any other song. If you're applying a guitarist's mentality to hip hop you're just not doing it right.

Uh-oh. Death metal? It's time to bow out. Goodnight ladies. :D

If I could get in on the other debate, IMHO it is music. DJ'ing, making beats, writing lyrics, so on and so on; they are all things that require talent, just like playing a guitar, cello, or drums.

this statement is 100% true. So much talent in making any kind of music. And yes, rap is music.

What do you know about music? Seriously. Try being in a jazz band without being a musician. You can't play a song without knowing how to play an instrument. The only thing you can really pull off without being knowledgable about music is singing. Then again, when you are rapping, you aren't even singing...you are "rapping." I've never seen a person rap and play an instrument at the same time, either. Have you? You don't even need a band to rap. It's entertaining for about 5 minutes. Sure, they are getting down with the beat, but it's boring, and I get sick of the way it sounds real quick.

I won't say that I hate all rap, but just most of it. Most good rappers aren't even close to being musicians.

People do get real bored of that Jay-z guy, he aint doing to well for himself, whats he got, like ownership in a part of everything?

No problem - I'm trying to figure out if I should take my Autographed Donte' Stallworth framed picture off the wall from my bar downstairs.

Whatdathink?

I dunno about getting rid of it, but maybe move it from the bar ;).

People do get real bored of that Jay-z guy, he aint doing to well for himself, whats he got, like ownership in a part of everything?

Pauly Shore made a lot of money as an actor, too, didn't he? There is no accounting for taste.

Tom Brady actually contributed one of those celebrity play lists on the iTunes store before, which consisted of...

50 Cent - If I Can’t
A Tribe Called Quest - Award Tour
Aerosmith - Dream On
Coldplay - Shiver
Eminem - Lose Yourself
Eminem - My Name Is
Jay-Z - Encore
Kanye West - Jesus Walks
Nas - I Can
Oasis - Wonderwall
Pearl Jam - Black
Rolling Stones - Beast of Burden
Soundgarden - Fell on Black Days
The Toadies - Possum Kingdon
The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
U2 - I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
U2 - Mysterious Ways
U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday

Pauly Shore made a lot of money as an actor, too, didn't he? There is no accounting for taste.

Im pretty sure jay z can buy pauly shore like 10 times over.

Are you implying that either Pauly Shore has made as much money as Jay - Z or is as respected as an actor as much as Jay - Z is a rapper?

LOL. Very good.

One of the only forms of "music" that you don't even have to be a musician to create.

a little while later

I'm an idiot. right. I never said rap wasn't music, big guy. I said it was bad music.

Anyways, you've pretty conclusively shown that you're just ignorant of what rap fundamentally is, which is what a bunch of people were calling you on in the first place. Argue that all you want, but your definition of what it is is clearly misinformed, and your definition of what is and isn't music is all over the place, pretty much whatever it arbitrarily has to be to support your flawed position.

See, you don't have an informed opinion. There's nothing to respect in that. It's hardly about the beat at all. It's all about the lyrics, the skill of the rapper, the purpose and effect of the samples, the compositional pastiche, then the beat, and then how it all works together. Pretty much like any other song. If you're applying a guitarist's mentality to hip hop you're just not doing it right.

I don't like rap.

OK?

I don't think Pauly Shore is a good actor, either, but maybe I'm applying too much of a Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino mentality to that. Maybe I'm close-minded if I wouldn't give "Ernest does Rap" a chance. Know what I mean, Vern?

Taste = Subjective

I don't like rap.

OK?

I don't think Pauly Shore is a good actor, either, but maybe I'm applying too much of a Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino mentality to that. Maybe I'm close-minded if I wouldn't give "Ernest does Rap" a chance. Know what I mean, Vern?

Nah, to stick with the acting analogy, it's like seeing the Dark Knight and Terminator Salvation and saying that method acting sucks because Christian Bale, a dedicated method actor, appears to only be capable of growling in some deep, should-be menacing monotone. Of course, you'd be completely missing the boat because you would have never seen, say, Marlon Brando or Robert De Niro.

Nah, to stick with the acting analogy, it's like seeing the Dark Knight and Terminator Salvation and saying that method acting sucks because Christian Bale, a dedicated method actor, appears to only be capable of growling in some deep, should-be menacing monotone. Of course, you'd be completely missing the boat because you would have never seen, say, Marlon Brando or Robert De Niro.

the dark knight is a great movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back