PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Moss names mentioned in rap lyrics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you implying that either Pauly Shore has made as much money as Jay - Z or is as respected as an actor as much as Jay - Z is a rapper?

I already said what I mean; there is no accounting for taste. I think that a whole ****load of America's tastes has gone straight down the tubes, right along with their attention span.

the dark knight is a great movie.

It is. I bought it the first day that it was available on blu ray and saw it opening night at midnight in imax. It's not great because of Christian Bale, tho :p

Last edited:
It is. I bought it the first day that it was available on blu ray and saw it opening night at midnight in imax. It's not great because of Christian Bale, tho :p

same here, saw it in the theater like 5 times. I think Bale did a great job as batman, better than george clooney. The movie was good all around, with one stand out performance that made it that much better.

No problem - I'm trying to figure out if I should take my Autographed Donte' Stallworth framed picture off the wall from my bar downstairs.

Whatdathink?

Take it down for 30 days. That's a number that the Florida courts and the poor deceased fellow's family, now that they have MONEY instead of maximum sentence, are quite content with. At least they'll be content until they see Stallworth having fun on a football field and realize a fistful of greenbacks can't fill the hole in their hearts. This is their decision though and I feel 30 days off the wall is a most appropriate representation of their folly. Besides, the picture is about Stallworth the player, not Stallworth the driver. Now if you had a picture of him with his car that would be a different story.

same here, saw it in the theater like 5 times. I think Bale did a great job as batman, better than george clooney. The movie was good all around, with one stand out performance that made it that much better.

To each their own- I was kinda disappointed in Bale's portrayal, honestly. Especially now that Terminator has come out, it's clear that he plays pretty much the same character between Batman, Terminator, and Equilibrium. Didn't harm the movie or anything, but certainly didn't add much to it IMO. Ledger, Eckhart, and Caine made that movie (and Liam Neeson and Caine pretty much made the first one).

To each their own- I was kinda disappointed in Bale's portrayal, honestly. Especially now that Terminator has come out, it's clear that he plays pretty much the same character between Batman, Terminator, and Equilibrium. Didn't harm the movie or anything, but certainly didn't add much to it IMO. Ledger, Eckhart, and Caine made that movie (and Liam Neeson and Caine pretty much made the first one).

the stand out performance i was talking about was ledgers. I was saying that bale is better than clooney and his bat nipples

I don't like rap.

OK?

I don't think Pauly Shore is a good actor, either, but maybe I'm applying too much of a Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino mentality to that. Maybe I'm close-minded if I wouldn't give "Ernest does Rap" a chance. Know what I mean, Vern?

finally something we can all agree on.

Take it down for 30 days. That's a number that the Florida courts and the poor deceased fellow's family, now that they have MONEY instead of maximum sentence, are quite content with. At least they'll be content until they see Stallworth having fun on a football field and realize a fistful of greenbacks can't fill the hole in their hearts. This is their decision though and I feel 30 days off the wall is a most appropriate representation of their folly. Besides, the picture is about Stallworth the player, not Stallworth the driver. Now if you had a picture of him with his car that would be a different story.

That's a good line. :D

See, if Stallworth had done something heroic or even noteworthy before he killed that man I'd be more inclined to keep it up. I'll keep my Troy Brown autograph pic hung in my office no matter what (almost). If I had one of MLK or Rosa Parks nad they'd happen to run someone over, I'd keep it up, too. But Stallworth...?

Nah, to stick with the acting analogy, it's like seeing the Dark Knight and Terminator Salvation and saying that method acting sucks because Christian Bale, a dedicated method actor, appears to only be capable of growling in some deep, should-be menacing monotone. Of course, you'd be completely missing the boat because you would have never seen, say, Marlon Brando or Robert De Niro.

I don't miss much, buddy. I can at least see what the intended affect is for the most part. I don't compare apples and oranges if I can help it.

Didn't see Terminator Salvation yet, though. I'd ask you how it is, but you like rap. LOL.

No matter WHAT you say, I'll still dislike rap, and you'll continue to like it. Like I alluded to, all the more power to you. I'm glad you like it. I don't, and it's not a question of my not understanding it. I just plain don't like it, and I tried to explain why. I like a tiny portion of it, but it's just not my genre. Many, many people feel the same way, so don't get all worked up over it. There is no way of explaining yourself to win me over to your side. A lot of people don't like what I like, either, and it's just natural to assume that they don't understand it.

I'll tolerate it. It's not like I feel it should be erradicated from the Earth. If people enjoy it, they should do it. Jeez. I don't control your radio station.

I already said what I mean; there is no accounting for taste. I think that a whole ****load of America's tastes has gone straight down the tubes, right along with their attention span.

Next time if you're going ti compare Jay - Z with an actor, make sure it's a much better one.

Well the thing about Batman is that he;s a pretty dull superhero surrounded by colorful characters. So there's not really much to work with.

Unfortunately, my girlfriend doesn't agree. She made me watch Son-In-Law for the second time this month.

I actually dont mind that movie. I think alot of weird things. I enjoy the dark knight, as well as son-in-law, my music collection consist of Jay-z, to dmb to hanson, to brad paisely, I dont see the point in only liking one kind of thing.

Well the thing about Batman is that he;s a pretty dull superhero surrounded by colorful characters. So there's not really much to work with.

Couldn't disagree more on that one. I could argue this point at length, but I'd rather not reveal the extent of my comic nerd-dom here. If you get a chance, though, read Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum and Alan Moore's the Killing Joke.

Originally, Darren Aronofsky submitted a Batman script that I'm sure would have been amazing, but Warner Bros. rejected it on the grounds that it was way too dark. Nolan ended up taking a lot from that script, which I can only assume would have been more like Morrison's and Moore's interpretations.

Couldn't disagree more on that one. I could argue this point at length, but I'd rather not reveal the extent of my comic nerd-dom here. If you get a chance, though, read Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum and Alan Moore's the Killing Joke.

Originally, Darren Aronofsky submitted a Batman script that I'm sure would have been amazing, but Warner Bros. rejected it on the grounds that it was way too dark. Nolan ended up taking a lot from that script, which I can only assume would have been more like Morrison's and Moore's interpretations.

Own them both.

Do you think the Aronofsky script is online anywhere?

Heath Ledger was brilliant in that movie as the Joker. Gary Oldman is always good...one of my favorites. Morgan Freeman was in it. Michael Caine has been around. Christian Bale is a good actor still, though. 3:10 to Yuma I liked. I thought he was really good in that. I agree that Bale's role wasn't supposed to be Shakespeare as Batman.

A lot of these superhero movies are all about bells and whistles, though...a lot like a comic book, come to think of it. The Dark Knight is probably the best superhero movie I've seen.

Heath Ledger was brilliant in that movie as the Joker. Gary Oldman is always good...one of my favorites. Morgan Freeman was in it. Michael Caine has been around. Christian Bale is a good actor still, though. 3:10 to Yuma I liked. I thought he was really good in that. I agree that Bale's role wasn't supposed to be Shakespeare as Batman.

And don't forget Aaron Eckhart's portrayal of Two - Face.

A lot of these superhero movies are all about bells and whistles, though...a lot like a comic book, come to think of it. The Dark Knight is probably the best superhero movie I've seen.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore