PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Moss names mentioned in rap lyrics

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st....Eddie Van Halen - learned to play a guitar by himself, some consider him to be dope.
2nd...you might wanna check out "Outkast" ...Andre 3000 plays many instruments
3rd...check out "The Roots" they are a hip hop band......or teh Brand New Heavies, who are jazz funk and hip hop
4th...DJ-ing, mixing records, and turtablism is an instrument. I work the 1s and 2s, and I'll tell you, its no cakewalk. I too am self taught, took me about 6 years to figure it out.

YouTube - Mixmaster Mike Scratching

YouTube - MIXMASTER MIKE lesson

talk to Mix Master Mike.....tell me that aint playing an instrument.....

Love them. Beasties of course. Outkast is amazing. The Rooster is one of my favorite songs of all time. I wish they would do a Pats song.

Just for fun I downloaded PE's Millenium Collection. It is amazing. I could listen to Chuck D all day.

Last edited:
Such as what?

Jim Morrison wasn't a musician, either, but he was a big part of one of my favorite bands. He didn't know the difference between the key of G and the key of C...but at least he sang. There is a difference between singing and rapping. And rappers don't necessary even need a band to back them up. A lot of it is electronic.

To rap, all you need to have is a sense of rhythm, which comes naturally for the most part. How many rappers do you know of that actually studied music? That's the question.

Well you're entertaining while you go down with the ship. But you are a complete and utter idiot. Rapping is actually closely related to singing ... think about it. Mos Def is a great example - there are plenty of places where you can't tell if he's rapping or singing and he goes between the two seamlessly. And even if the music is sampled, say 100% of it for argument's sake, you have to get the phrasing and composition right or it'll suck. To do that you need ... wait for it ... significant musical skills.

Such as what?

Jim Morrison wasn't a musician, either, but he was a big part of one of my favorite bands. He didn't know the difference between the key of G and the key of C...but at least he sang. There is a difference between singing and rapping. And rappers don't necessary even need a band to back them up. A lot of it is electronic.

To rap, all you need to have is a sense of rhythm, which comes naturally for the most part. How many rappers do you know of that actually studied music? That's the question.

The Doors may be my single favorite band of all time but Jim wasn't much of a singer. He was a good writer and great performer and awesome substaqnce consumer. The other 3 Doors were actually good musicians, much better than most rock bands.

It's bad music? So your taste has leapt across the barrier between opinion and fact to become universal truth? Sweet! I say it's good music. Have fun unwinding what that means, exactly. :ugh:

I said before that it was my opinion and that it was subjective, champ. TO ME, it's a fact that it's bad music compared to other forms of music, which I view as more legitimate. Enjoy the crap out of it if you want; what do I care? I glad you like it. Seriously.

I don't like sourkrout, either. When I eat it, it tastes bad, and that's a fact. Same thing with rap...when I hear it, I don't like it...it sounds simple and without imagination. I'm just giving my opinion here because it came up.

All that said, I actually do like to play my guitar along with rap songs sometimes. It's easy for me and fun on occasion...part of the reason why is because it takes zero preparation to play along. I've been playing the guitar for 20 years, and I'm definitely qualified to have an opinion about music. I used to practice for eight hours a day.

Last edited:
I said before that it was my opinion and that it was subjective, champ. TO ME, it's a fact that it's bad music compared to other forms of music, which I view as more legitimate. Enjoy the crap out of it if you want; what do I care? I glad you like it. Seriously.

I don't like sourkrout, either. When I eat it, it tastes bad, and that's a fact. Same thing with rap...when I hear it, I don't like it...it sounds simple and without imagination. I'm just giving my opinion here because it came up.

All that said, I actually do like to play my guitar along with rap songs sometimes. It's easy for me and fun on occasion...part of the reason why is because it takes zero preparation to play along. I've been playing the guitar for 20 years, and I'm definitely qualified to have an opinion about music. I used to practice for eight hours a day.

So you're just a run of the mill thread-****ter? Sweet. So why are you here? And hip-hop is about as simple and unimaginative as most guitar music. I.e., there's a wide swath of quality and inventiveness. Your ignorance of the genre informs your evaluation of it. Of course.

GLB GM, you get the chance to check out Ali yet?

The Doors may be my single favorite band of all time but Jim wasn't much of a singer. He was a good writer and great performer and awesome substaqnce consumer. The other 3 Doors were actually good musicians, much better than most rock bands.

I beg to differ. Jim was a great singer IMO. A lot of it was his presence and personna...he was an icon, but I love the way he sang. He might not have had a huge range, but he got the job done. The rest of the band, who wrote a lot of songs themselves, were actually fantastic and underrated...every one of them. Nobody gives them enough credit. But Jim was the focal point. They all played off him quite a bit. Look what happened to them after he died. Have you heard the album the rest of the band put out? I'd give Jim equal credit as the rest of the band.

GLB GM, you get the chance to check out Ali yet?

That was pretty sweet. I'm listening to Heads Down from Brothers of a Champion right now and liking it as well. Thanks for the heads-up!

I like the song.

I can't understand a damn thing they said - I did hear Moss's name and Brady's - Got no idea what context they were used in, but I do think I heard their names.

Gimme Led Zeppelin any day - Hell every base line in rap is stolen from a Zeppelin song anyway.......maybe I do like rap.

I can't understand a damn thing they said - I did hear Moss's name and Brady's - Got no idea what context they were used in, but I do think I heard their names.

Gimme Led Zeppelin any day - Hell every base line in rap is stolen from a Zeppelin song anyway.......maybe I do like rap.

And every Zeppelin (who I also like) song is ripped off from old American bluesmen!

I hate to break it to you but Zep lifted heavily, and often directly, from blues artists.

dotblu - Led Zeppelin: Plagiarists?

And I dig 'em. But that's one of those truths about art: nothing is truly original.

I beg to differ. Jim was a great singer IMO. A lot of it was his presence and personna...he was an icon, but I love the way he sang. He might not have had a huge range, but he got the job done. The rest of the band, who wrote a lot of songs themselves, were actually fantastic and underrated...every one of them. Nobody gives them enough credit. But Jim was the focal point. They all played off him quite a bit. Look what happened to them after he died. Have you heard the album the rest of the band put out? I'd give Jim equal credit as the rest of the band.

That band would have been nothing without Jim, even though they were exceptional musicians.

What I'm saying is that Jim was not a very good singer in the academic sense. He was obviously the driving force of the band and a cultural icon.

I would never speak badly of the Doors or Morrison. I seeked out and met Danny Sugerman twice just to talk about the Doors. Met Fawl Hall too. :) Too bad he died so young, just like his hero. :(

And every Zeppelin (who I also like) song is ripped off from old American bluesmen!

Sure, Robert Johnson fueled the Rock N Roll machine for 50 years. However that does not make my point any less true.

Than why the "white" comment? Why not just "Cue the idiots"?

Because the idiots who insist on derailing conversations by crapping all over rap for no real reason are almost always white. Am I racist for observing that? If so, then that's a pretty weird form of self-loathing racism, since I'm white :p

Sure, Robert Johnson fueled the Rock N Roll machine for 50 years. However that does not make my point any less true.

Well, if your point was really "every base line in rap is stolen from a Zeppelin song anyway", that could be argued pretty easily. But I understand the exaggeration in your statement.

The only thing he talked about was white people, insinuating that they are the only group that is ignorant to the mighty power of good rap.

Reminds me of some David Cross standup. He was talking about the 'redneck voice', and explained that not all southerners had it, but only southerners had it. Get the principle? Observing that it's almost entirely white people who get weirdly condescending everytime rap even gets brought up in conversation is not equivalent to saying white people are genetically incapable of appreciating rap. It's an observation, but not an all-encompassing stereotype.

While that might not be flat-out racism, it's an ignorant thing to say. I know what rap is, and I don't like it. And I'm white. I'm also a musician of sorts. Slap down a drum machine and make some rhymes...big deal. I think they should just write a poem instead. No real melody.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think you really do know what rap is. Not good rap, anyways. Good rap is good music. As someone who's completely indifferent to the genre (I dislike most rap, actually), I found this out by actually checking it out a little bit rather than outright dismissing it for no good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News