PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Moss names mentioned in rap lyrics

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't calling white people idiots. If you think that's racist then you really have a ways to go in the reading comprehension dept :p

The only thing he talked about was white people, insinuating that they are the only group that is ignorant to the mighty power of good rap.

While that might not be flat-out racism, it's an ignorant thing to say. I know what rap is, and I don't like it. And I'm white. I'm also a musician of sorts. Slap down a drum machine and make some rhymes...big deal. I think they should just write a poem instead. No real melody.

He wasn't calling white people idiots. If you think that's racist then you really have a ways to go in the reading comprehension dept :p

Than why the "white" comment? Why not just "Cue the idiots"?

And if he had said "Cue the Black idiots", "Cue the Asian idiots", ect, it would be called racist.

If I could get in on the other debate, IMHO it is music. DJ'ing, making beats, writing lyrics, so on and so on; they are all things that require talent, just like playing a guitar, cello, or drums.

Bull. You can create any form of music without being a musician. You just have to be a musician to create *good* music. That's as true for rap (good != commercial, sells well) as it is for any other genre.

What do you know about music? Seriously. Try being in a jazz band without being a musician. You can't play a song without knowing how to play an instrument. The only thing you can really pull off without being knowledgable about music is singing. Then again, when you are rapping, you aren't even singing...you are "rapping." I've never seen a person rap and play an instrument at the same time, either. Have you? You don't even need a band to rap. It's entertaining for about 5 minutes. Sure, they are getting down with the beat, but it's boring, and I get sick of the way it sounds real quick.

I won't say that I hate all rap, but just most of it. Most good rappers aren't even close to being musicians.

LOL. Very good.

One of the only forms of "music" that you don't even have to be a musician to create.

Music is an Art, thus subjective. Like it or not, you don't have to be a musician before you create music. Once you decide to mix sounds in any form, it becomes the art. How you, the listener, decide to hear it..is up to you.

TONS of people hate Revolution 9 by the Beatles.....and wouldn't call Yoko Ono a musician, but she has a cut on the album "The Beatles".

Than why the "white" comment? Why not just "Cue the idiots"?

And if he had said "Cue the Black idiots", "Cue the Asian idiots", ect, it would be called racist.

Cause I'm racist against whites. Duh. (Anecdotally, it's the white folks who get their panties most in a bunch and froth most at the mouths about rap/hip-hop, all the while being those who least understand it. Oops. Ignorance IS a valued quality I suppose.) Also, I'm white, so I can call white people as many names as I want as I understand the rules to ethnic discourse.

Music is an Art, thus subjective. Like it or not, you don't have to be a musician before you create music. Once you decide to mix sounds in any form, it becomes the art. How you, the listener, decide to hear it..is up to you.

TONS of people hate Revolution 9 by the Beatles.....and wouldn't call Yoko Ono a musician, but she has a cut on the album "The Beatles".

Revolution 9 isn't a song, really. It's not music at all. You could argue that every sound is a form of music, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that...but you have to draw the line somewhere to label something "music."

Rap might be an art, but so is finger-painting. I just don't think that there is much imagination involved in it as a form of music. I don't care what the lyrics are, I'm talking about music. Of course it's subjective. I like music that actually requires some melody or a band, not just a rhythm that might have come from some machine.

Rap is terrible, and that's my opinion. I don't have to respect the "art form" either. I like certain things, like the Beastie Boy's "Check Your Head," but at least they play instuments and sound original, with some melody in there...changed up.

What do you know about music? Seriously. Try being in a jazz band without being a musician. You can't play a song without knowing how to play an instrument. The only thing you can really pull off without being knowledgable about music is singing. Then again, when you are rapping, you aren't even singing...you are "rapping." I've never seen a person rap and play an instrument at the same time, either. Have you? You don't even need a band to rap. It's entertaining for about 5 minutes. Sure, they are getting down with the beat, but it's boring, and I get sick of the way it sounds real quick.

I won't say that I hate all rap, but just most of it. Most good rappers aren't even close to being musicians.

Tell it to ?uestlove, please. Pretending to be knowledgeable you've really made a statement founded in ignorance.

Revolution 9 isn't a song, really. It's not music at all. You could argue that every sound is a form of music, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that...but you have to draw the line somewhere to label something "music."

Rap might be an art, but so is finger-painting. I just don't think that there is much imagination involved in it as a form of music. I don't care what the lyrics are, I'm talking about music. Of course it's subjective. I like music that actually requires some melody or a band, not just a rhythm that might have come from some machine.

Rap is terrible, and that's my opinion. I don't have to respect the "art form" either. I like certain things, like the Beastie Boy's "Check Your Head," but at least they play instuments and sound original, with some melody in there...changed up.

Yeah, you're an idiot. It's got a beat. You can dance to it. It's as much music as Elvis Presley is.

Cause I'm racist against whites. Duh. (Anecdotally, it's the white folks who get their panties most in a bunch and froth most at the mouths about rap/hip-hop, all the while being those who least understand it. Oops. Ignorance IS a valued quality I suppose.) Also, I'm white, so I can call white people as many names as I want as I understand the rules to ethnic discourse.

Right...white people that don't like rap are just ignorant. I get it.

Maybe you can clue me in. What don't I understand? Enlighten me.

By the way.

YouTube - The Roots - The Next Movement - LIVE

They're quite accomplished musicians. And that's just one example.

Moron.

1st....Eddie Van Halen - learned to play a guitar by himself, some consider him to be dope.
2nd...you might wanna check out "Outkast" ...Andre 3000 plays many instruments
3rd...check out "The Roots" they are a hip hop band......or teh Brand New Heavies, who are jazz funk and hip hop
4th...DJ-ing, mixing records, and turtablism is an instrument. I work the 1s and 2s, and I'll tell you, its no cakewalk. I too am self taught, took me about 6 years to figure it out.

YouTube - Mixmaster Mike Scratching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iGexp7Pn8

talk to Mix Master Mike.....tell me that aint playing an instrument.....

Last edited:
]
cause i'm racist against whites. Duh. (anecdotally, it's the white folks who get their panties most in a bunch and froth most at the mouths about rap/hip-hop, all the while being those who least understand it. i agree with this statement. oops. Ignorance is a valued quality i suppose. i don't get this one, sorry. ) also, i'm white, we all comment you for that stellar quality :rolleyes: so i can call white people as many names as i want as i understand the rules to ethnic discourse.i respectfully disagree. Sorry.

If I dare go back to the OP...

Randy Moss is also mentioned on Outkast's "The Whole World".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back