PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Moss names mentioned in rap lyrics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably my favorite band of all time? The Grateful Dead...for the reasons you've just described. When they hit, you couldn't create a better album than what they've done from the seat of their pants. Improvisation and exploring music is where it's at. THAT is the thing that takes the most talent as well as the most courage. Say 1,2,3, go, and then see what happens. Total musical conversation.

Ugh, I hate the Dead. Part of that is because I hate their stinky slacker fans. The other part is because I think their music is boring as hell.

No offense intended to any stinky slackers.

Funny, I grew up on the Grateful Dead. Today, I'm more of the contemporary Jazz fan, Pat Metheny being my favorite musician. His Pat Metheny Group is simply breath taking. It's really everything great in music, what ever genre it be. I've never heard a group fuse music together so perfectly, breaking up genre's to create a musical world without walls.

Ugh, I hate the Dead. Part of that is because I hate their stinky slacker fans. The other part is because I think their music is boring as hell.

And that's why I don't listen to the Dead much anymore... although I don't hate them. But, you have to admit, back in the late 60's, early 70's, it was a great, new sound. Today, yeah it sounds old and somewhat boring.

And that's why I don't listen to the Dead much anymore... although I don't hate them. But, you have to admit, back in the late 60's, early 70's, it was a great, new sound. Today, yeah it sounds old and somewhat boring.

All music is 'somewhat boring' to someone.

Well, yeah, as with most things in life.

I like your sig, by the way.

As long as we are stereotyping, I've got something to say about Jews...just kidding, buddy. Don't get offended. Maybe we can create a whole new 30-page thread on how the Dead aren't boring? How 'bout that?

Ever take acid? Impossible to slack while doing that.

The Dead have tackled and mastered about every genre of music out there, including a form of rap with Pigpen. I guarantee you that, if you are a fan of music, that I can find something by the Dead that you truely love. They have so much diversity that it's truly amazing. Their studio recordings, which most people know them only by, are for crap...they'd said so themselves over and over. They were scrictly a live band. Things you hear on the radio from them are among the worst things they've done. Ask any true Dead Head.

30 years non-stop is what they did, touring the whole time. Best live band EVER.

As long as we are stereotyping, I've got something to say about Jews...just kidding, buddy. Don't get offended. Maybe we can create a whole new 30-page thread on how the Dead aren't boring? How 'bout that?

Ever take acid? Impossible to slack while doing that.

The Dead have tackled and mastered about every genre of music out there, including a form of rap with Pigpen. I guarantee you that, if you are a fan of music, that I can find something by the Dead that you truely love. They have so much diversity that it's truly amazing. Their studio recordings, which most people know them only by, are for crap...they'd said so themselves over and over. They were scrictly a live band. Things you hear on the radio from them are among the worst things they've done. Ask any true Dead Head.

30 years non-stop is what they did, touring the whole time. Best live band EVER.
Please, let's not turn this into another thread about how handsome and charming we are. I mean, I know it's true, but it's embarassing.

I love music so I probably would have enjoyed a Dead concert, but alas I never shall.

Funny, I grew up on the Grateful Dead. Today, I'm more of the contemporary Jazz fan, Pat Metheny being my favorite musician. His Pat Metheny Group is simply breath taking. It's really everything great in music, what ever genre it be. I've never heard a group fuse music together so perfectly, breaking up genre's to create a musical world without walls.

I grew up on the Grateful Dead, too. Went quite a bit overboard with it actually, if you catch my meaning. Anyway, they are the ones that taught me about the nature of true music as I see it.

Anything gets boring after a while, though. I have tons of their recordings now, but only listen to them sporadically. I can still appreciate what they did though, which is pretty incredible. It's like going to the titty bar...see enough pairs and the thrill starts to fade.

I try to change up what I listen to. Kinda into Captain Beefheart right now, myself. I look for originality more than anything anymore. I think Primus is fun to listen to, and like you, I find jazz to be the most interesting form of music. The changes aren't so predictable, so it holds your attention.

Please, let's not turn this into another thread about how handsome and charming we are. I mean, I know it's true, but it's embarassing.

I love music so I probably would have enjoyed a Dead concert, but alas I never shall.

Ha, ha. Exactly the stereotype I was referring to. Thanks for being a good sport and making one of these posts not go against the grain, so to speak. This thread has been entertaining to me, but a lot like pulling teeth at times.

About the Dead, I think they were the biggest grossing live band ever despite selling cheaper tickets a lot of the time. They've actually played some of the most hardcore **** I've ever heard, too. They don't fall into any convenient category...certainly not the "laid back hippie" stereotype. They played everything. Jerry Garcia was a maniac on the guitar.

Ha, ha. Exactly the stereotype I was referring to. Thanks for being a good sport and making one of these posts not go against the grain, so to speak. This thread has been entertaining to me, but a lot like pulling teeth at times.

About the Dead, I think they were the biggest grossing live band ever despite selling cheaper tickets a lot of the time. They've actually played some of the most hardcore **** I've ever heard, too. They don't fall into any convenient category...certainly not the "laid back hippie" stereotype. They played everything. Jerry Garcia was a maniac on the guitar.

I love this thread.

I'll have to check out the Pat Metheny Group. I've heard of it, but not really familiar. I've agreed with most other things you've said. Sounds interesting.

Can you recommend a certain album?

Last edited:
I love this thread.

Yeah, it's a good one, alright.

Did you know that Brady and Moss' names were mentioned in some rap lyrics?

Now THAT'S 31-page material if I've ever heard of it.

From bagpipes to the Japanese flute, from the sitar to chanting monks, my musical tastes are quite varied. For me, it's far more about my mood than about any particular musical style.

From bagpipes to the Japanese flute, from the sitar to chanting monks, my musical tastes are quite varied. For me, it's far more about my mood than about any particular musical style.

I like the Sanford and Son theme song.

I jsut read through this entire thing and it has to be one of the dumbest threads I have ever read on this board. I can't believe it went on this long. the back and forth bickering over some damn music. I think it's dumb for anyone to say that rap is not music regardless of how it's created. If it has a melody then it's music, PERIOD!

Last edited:
I like the Sanford and Son theme song.

Music's quirky. You just don't know what you're going to like until you give it an honest chance. Debbie Boone proved that to America, to our undying shame.

I jsut read through this entire thing and it has to be one of the dumbest threads I have ever read on this board. I can't believe it went on this long. the back and forth bickering over some damn music. I think it's dumb for anyone to say that rap is not music regardless of how it's created. If it has a melody then it's music, PERIOD!

Thanks for you help in making the thread longer!

thumb.gif

This thread sure isn't any dumber than reading 312 posts of material that you find to be stupid. The least you could have done is say something that hasn't been said before post #312.

thanks for playing, though.

Clearly not. I am saying that drumming's pretty elementary from a musical theoretical perspective. All you really need to know is time signatures.

:eek::eek::eek:

You need to stop there. You're losing credibility. Now im scared to read the next 10 pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST