PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and McDaniels hated each other... [Price: No sign of it from players]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady and McDaniels hated each other....

I sure hope McDaniels isn't walking around treating every player the same. Even an egotistical prick like Bill Parcells once said "I treat some players differently than others because guys are different" Well, that should be obvious shouldn't it? I hope McDainels, for his sake, realizes this sooner or later. Maybe it takes a season or two to get to know the team the way you need to?

I disagree about the coordinator part. Us losing experienced coordinators hurt a great deal on the offensive side of the ball.:(

Hope you don't mean disagree with me.

Here add some of these :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: and read it again.

So when you say they hated each other, what you mean is they fell out one time five years ago?

Hope you don't mean disagree with me.

Here add some of these :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: and read it again.

you said experienced coordinators mean nothing....

those weren't your exact words...... its towards the end of my quote of you.
you must have sarcasm hat on then:eek:

So when you say they hated each other, what you mean is they fell out one time five years ago?

Yuh, say like those minor "non speaking" times the US and UK had circa 1776 and 1812.

well i started the thread because usually we don't get to hear about tiffs like this. on tv and through the media we always think everything is fine among the coaches and players (except adalius thomas). but three weeks is a long time for brady and his OC to not be talking. i mean, how would they game plan, etc? chemistry is a big thing in NE.

Last edited:

well i started the thread because usually we don't get to here about tiffs like this. on tv and through the media we always think everything is fine among the coaches and players (except adalius thomas). but three weeks is a long time for brady and his OC to not be talking. i mean, how would they game plan, etc?

I think it only ever stays fine or proffesional if both parties respect each other because at some point a coach is going to have show his bad cop side and that moment can test a relationship. What you say is true in retrospect, it certainly would have been an uncertain period but I'm sure when it came to go time they acted in the best interests of the team.

If anythings important out of this it's the observation that McDaniels must have earned that respect from Brady from there on out. Maybe the fans in Denver should take heart from that. Then again Josh was working with Tom Brady and not spoilt kids like Cutler and Brandon "Legal Trouble" Marshall.

first of all, it's just a rumor.

second, even if it's true, what's the surprise if two competitive guys had a falling out as part of their professional relationship? i'd be more surprised if something like this hadn't happened.

I love seeing Coaches leave here only to struggle esle where; they bring our system and our philosophies with them but never quite achieve. KC next year should be interesting with Weiss and RAC trying to 'get the band back together'. I don't think that plan will ever work, it's not only the fact that BB is an incredible coach but that the players bought into his ideals. The patriot way is only as powerful as the player in the uniform.

As long as we have BB and TFB were really the only team who can sell that idea, doesn't mean well go 12-4 next year: but we have a chance to.

As with most bands who try to get back together without a key piece, without the frontman, it's just never the same. Yes, BB will be the David Lee Roth of the RAC/Weis/Pioli experiment :)

first of all, it's just a rumor.

second, even if it's true, what's the surprise if two competitive guys had a falling out as part of their professional relationship? i'd be more surprised if something like this hadn't happened.

Why would it be a rumor? Read the whole article, its worth it even registering and all. A lot of good pieces from McDaniels' first season in Denver. Its funny how no one was saying anything after the start the Broncos had.

As for Brady and McDaniels it didnt give any details about the 3 weeks or even the circumstances. It could have been during the off season, I doubt it was during the season. Its pretty hard to game plan when your OC and QB arent talking. I dont have a problem with that, they are both very competitive and have been successful. They obviously were professional about it and moved on

maverick4 is somewhere in estacy. The question is how big of deal is this really. Was McDaniels even calling the plays at that point? Was Brady at fault? Was McDaniels? Is this story blown out of proportion?

Funny how it took 5 years and a Denver reporter to report this.

Wasn't there some whispers that Brady tried to talk to McDaniels during halftime in the 2007 Superbowl, about some adjustments he felt the offense should make, only to have McDaniels throw F-bombs his way? I thought I remember people talking about that at one point in the weeks after that game.

Why would it be a rumor? Read the whole article, its worth it even registering and all. A lot of good pieces from McDaniels' first season in Denver. Its funny how no one was saying anything after the start the Broncos had.

As for Brady and McDaniels it didnt give any details about the 3 weeks or even the circumstances. It could have been during the off season, I doubt it was during the season. Its pretty hard to game plan when your OC and QB arent talking. I dont have a problem with that, they are both very competitive and have been successful. They obviously were professional about it and moved on

I did read the whole article. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck...in this case, it's a rumor.

Here's all that's said in the "whole article" about the Brady-McDaniels "fight":

"So what happened in McDaniels' first season of coaching Brady, the league's best quarterback? The two went three weeks without speaking to each other. Brady went on to have a Pro Bowl season....And, two years later, McDaniels...helped Brady set an NFL record with 50 touchdown passes....Clearly, McDaniels and Brady got past their spat."
Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14771867#ixzz0jWr3c9pv

Klis is a Denver Post reporter, maybe even a good one, but there's no source provided for and no external substantiation of the claim other than an extrapolation from issues Josh has had with some Bronco's players to pushing what I will still call a "rumor" about his relationship with Tommy.

Let me be clear; it wouldn't surprise me if there were tensions between the two in the Post-Weis locker room, but I'm not going to think that based on this allegation.

Wasn't there some whispers that Brady tried to talk to McDaniels during halftime in the 2007 Superbowl, about some adjustments he felt the offense should make, only to have McDaniels throw F-bombs his way? I thought I remember people talking about that at one point in the weeks after that game.

It was a BS rumor that supposably Brady told McDaniels that he needed to make adjustments to the offense and McDaniels said that there would be no adjustments. It is so illogical that only the McDaniels haters believed it. There isn't an OC who has coached in the NFL over the last 20-30 years who doesn't make adjustments every single game. In fact, there is evidence based on the TD drive in the fourth that the Pats did make adjustments.

It was a BS rumor that supposably Brady told McDaniels that he needed to make adjustments to the offense and McDaniels said that there would be no adjustments. It is so illogical that only the McDaniels haters believed it. There isn't an OC who has coached in the NFL over the last 20-30 years who doesn't make adjustments every single game. In fact, there is evidence based on the TD drive in the fourth that the Pats did make adjustments.

Wasn't it Burton who re-told this story? He's pretty reliable. As for the adjustments - making the adjustments on the final offensive drive in the 4th quarter is too late. They needed to make adjustments coming out of halftime.

Wasn't it Burton who re-told this story? He's pretty reliable. As for the adjustments - making the adjustments on the final offensive drive in the 4th quarter is too late. They needed to make adjustments coming out of halftime.

And if you watched the game, they made adjustments all game long. It was just that the adjustments didn't work. They started the game trying to exploit the Giants' weak secondary and when that failed, they started a lot of screen and short passes but Brady didn't have time to even make those passes.

There could have been an argument on the sidelines. Brady is a firey guy and yells a lot on the sidelines. I just think the substance of the argument was BS. McDaniels made a lot of adjustments that game. You can argue he made the wrong adjustments, but he did make adjustments. All you need to do is go back and look at unoriginal's breakdown thread.

But I am tired of rehashing that old argument.

I was going to stay out of this thread. Really ... this is such a non story. I don't believe they did not communicate because players and coaches meet going over the weekly game plans. Perhaps they meant no team communication? That players don't always get along with coaches does not mean much - as long as they play for the coach who cares.

Word is Tom did not like O'Brien this year either. Perhaps Tom would like what Manning has. Thus I decided to add my 2 cents. We all see Tom many games with a hair across his-ass. Perhaps he wants the ability to call his own plays. If he does ... I have posted before that I agree with him.

Last edited:

I was going to stay out of this thread. Really ... this is such a non story. I don't believe they did not communicate because players and coaches meet going over the weekly game plans. Perhaps they meant no team communication? That players don't always get along with coaches does not mean much - as long as they play for the coach who cares.

Word is Tom did not like O'Brien this year either. Perhaps Tom would like what Manning has. Thus I decided to add my 2 cents. We all see Tom many games with a hair across his-ass. Perhaps he wants the ability to call his own plays. If he does ... I have posted before that I agree with him.

LOL, i would not mind seeing brady call his own plays...but then why does BB not have already done this? thats what i dont get

if BB has not done this, then I believe there is a good reason for it

LOL, i would not mind seeing brady call his own plays...but then why does BB not have already done this? thats what i dont get

if BB has not done this, then I believe there is a good reason for it

Yup ... In Bill I Trust also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes