PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges Rips his Own Top Rated Free Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reiss or Tomase don't write as many intensive pieces as Borges. Plus, they only have one job.

Say what you want about his agenda, Borges is an infinitely better writer than either of those two.

If Borges can not give a full effort ot every piece he writes then he should cut down on his workload, instead of having some pieces where he under-researched, and over-simplified because he doesn't have the time to give it the proper attention it deserves. It's called journalistic integrity. By not doing it he opens himself up to rightfully deserved criticism.

Last edited:
If Borges can not give a full effort ot every piece he writes then he should cut down on his workload, instead of having some pieces where he under-researched, and over-simplified because he doesn't have the time to give it the proper attention it deserves. It's called journalistic integrity. By not doing it he opens himself up to rightfully deserved criticism.

This is your argument and one I can and will not refute. Had Borges dedicated full time to his MSNBC piece, he very well might have voiced the same opinion re: AT's bust potential.

But I still believe the contradiction is more a factor of a lack of effort/research on his MSNBC piece than anti-Pats bias.

FYI, profootballtalk currently has their pov on this posted.

His name is on it. It is his. 100%. People can make excuses for him all they want by when it says "Ron Borges", it is his. 100% and forever.

Disagree. That was a valid piece by Borges. He was specifically mentioning that a lot of their defensive players who leave as FA fail to match or exceed their previous production in Baltimore's defensive scheme. Tough to argue that. I can't think of anyone defensive FA who went on to much success.

That said, previous teams were simply blinded by the Raven Mystique and were just making a landgrab for those players.

A.D., on the other hand, is a perfect fit for the Pats system. Its not like he is just going to the Lions and being plugged into some defense. He is coming into a defense that plays to his strengths and versatility.

If you haven't, I highly recommend reading Felger's piece on A.D. in the Herald. He has a great take on AD and how he fits the Pats. Probably the best work Felger has done in awhile.

I have no problem with Borges' Globe piece standing on its own. The problem this is a long trend of Borges saying on thing in the national media and another locally. Just like when he predicted the Pats would beat the Chargers in MSN and the Pats would get crushed by the Chargers in the Globe.

Borges is a fraud. He plays this Patriot hater roll locally because it sells papers and gets him more media time and money. Borges is a shoddy journalist. Not because his writing is bad or not well researched (although in previous years he has written incorrect information to trash Belichick), but because he contradicts himself. That is not a sign of a good journalist.

What kind of article do you think he'd have written if the Jets had signed Thomas? I have a feeling it would have been much different.

Which piece? The MSN piece where he said that Thomas was the best FA out there and would make an impact wherever he went? Or the piece where he said that Thomas was a product of the system and would have the Patriots saying "Nevermore" after one year?

My question exactly!

However, it's not even whether it's a valid piece anymore. Because, the whole thing is his hatred of BB is the reason he writes most of his negative pieces.

He may disguise some of them so that folks see them as "valid". But let me ask you all this. If San Francisco had signed Thomas, would Borges had gone to such lengths to show such a negative slant on the move? There's no way.

This point is validated by the fact that IN the MSNBC piece he mentioned Thomas would most likely be signing with SF, and then rates him as his #1 value pick of all the free agents available.

Let's face it, we all can put either a positive or negative spin on most moves made by every team. The fact that he has wasted so much ink over the last many years blasting so many moves BB and the Patriots make him HIGHLY non-objective!

Let me say this another way. It's probably safe to assume that most coaches in the league would praise the acquisition as a good move. Well, if Marvin Lewis is the source of the negative opinion (as some are saying), why an article on the one negative? I'd bet 31 of the 32 coaches don't have such a negative opinion. Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call