PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges BLASTS Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bostonian1962 said:
Ron Borges was discussing the D. Branch situation tonight on Sports Plus. He said 'Brady has never been what I consider a terribly stand up guy when it comes to his teammates........If I were Branch, I wouldn't be waiting for a life preserver from Brady, that's for sure'.

Does anybody know to what Borges could possibly be referring??????????
Who's Ron Borges?
I'm serious.

Bostonian1962 said:
Ron Borges was discussing the D. Branch situation tonight on Sports Plus. He said 'Brady has never been what I consider a terribly stand up guy when it comes to his teammates........If I were Branch, I wouldn't be waiting for a life preserver from Brady, that's for sure'.

You don't think Tom and Deion chat on the phone?

Good GOD, people! Let's have some perspective.

wRONg has utterly FAILED at eliciting any public response whatsoever from BB and has succeeded over the last five years in relegating himself into obscurity. The only place where his opinion is even discussed is on these boards. His only satisfaction (inasmuch as he is capable of that emotion) can only come from pi$$ing us off. Who cares what he thinks?

BB and TB have careers that are going to end up in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

wRONg is ending up at the bottom of the Birdcage! Talk about poetic justice!

Apparently Ron defines standup a little differently than the rest of us do. Obviously he wants Brady to take up the poor Deion cause.

Tom leads by example, on and off the field and in his business dealings with the Club. He has spoken about how he believes it is also important for the guys not to see him as an extension of the coaching staff or management (even as he coaches and leads them my example) and how he strives to keep the lines of communication open by remaining one of the guys, someone they can approach and talk to openly. He has apparently worked with Deion away from Gillette. I guarantee you just like with Seymour he will not say a thing about the holdout other than it's unfortunate, it's the business end of football, they need him back and he hopes they work it out.

Ron has long held that the take a little less so we can spread it around and team first, no stars getting the kudos mentality would blow up in the Pat's faces. He respected clubhouse lawyers like Milloy who began warning guys as early as 2002 to worry about your own legacy and not just the teams - that after just one ring. The guy who worried aloud that all that focus on team and coaching was detracting from his and others perception in the league. I guess Ron applauds selfish and self absorbed players. They remind him of himself if he had any athletic ability.

Personally I wish Tommy would tell Deion to quit screwing around with their season and get his ass in to camp. I doubt he will, although hopefully he will at least caution him to continue to think about the potential consequences his actions could entail. Mark Schlereth was on Felgers show with the fill ins today. He talked about how this is to be expected and guys have to do their best to get theirs, because all too often players face the other extreme of being told on Friday that if you do not agree to cut your salary you will be released after the game on Sunday. Still he also said as a player it ticked him off a little when one guy was unwilling to be there for the rest of them as they prepare to get after it. So contrary to what Ron the writer believes, players are torn and have mixed feelings about this too.

Ron has had his panties in a bunch ever since his lover Bledsoe fell out of favor. So, he now has no news source within the organization and just throws bombs to get attention. <shrug>

I have no problem with Deion holding out if he feels its the right thing to do personally. Which it may be. And I have no problem with the Patriots not paying him true #1 money if they think its the right thing to do. Which it may be.

oldrover said:
I have no problem with Deion holding out if he feels its the right thing to do personally. Which it may be. And I have no problem with the Patriots not paying him true #1 money if they think its the right thing to do. Which it may be.
I think this is how most feel. Each side is free to make its own decisions and live with them.

It boils down to who will blink first, and that may boil down to the first exhibition game. If Caldwell and Jackson light it up, it'll be curtains for Branch's holdout. If Caldwell and Jackson show cement hands, or they suffer season ending injuries, Branch's position just got stronger.

MoLewisrocks said:
Personally I wish Tommy would tell Deion to quit screwing around with their season and get his ass in to camp.

Brett Favre did that last year with Javon Walker and according to many reports lost the respect of the other players in the locker room. Players don't respond to guys who publicly side with management against other players. It is about the worst move Brady could make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yankees/Colts said:
Not sure about how he is with his teammates but Tommy Boy certainly wasn't stand up when he walked out of the interview after the beatdown on national TV last year.

He didn't show me much there.

Wow, that is all you can come up with. Are you kidding? If I remember well, Brady played pretty darn well in that game and most of his teammates did not. All he would have done by sticking around after his statement, and he did give a statement, would have been to take questions about his fellow mates poor play. I said it then, and I'll say it now - I believe Tom knew exactly what he was doing when he left after his statement and didn't choose to take questions-he was protecting his teammates.

So what else you got???? Man purse anyone?

Last edited:
dhamz said:
Brett Favre did that last year with Javon Walker and according to many reports lost the respect of the other players in the locker room. Players don't respond to guys who publicly side with management against other players. It is about the worst move Brady could make.

DHamz -
Who said anything about doing it publically? I believe the reference was for Brady to call Deion on the phone.

Again, Brady is a STAND-UP guy and wouldn't call a team-mate out publically for something like that.

Yankees/Colts said:
Not sure about how he is with his teammates but Tommy Boy certainly wasn't stand up when he walked out of the interview after the beatdown on national TV last year.

He didn't show me much there.

I guess we're even then 'cause every time the Colts lose in the playoffs and I listen to hear Peyton take responsibility for his teams failure I here nothing. Well except for that time he threw his metaphors under the bus...

Last edited:
DaBruinz said:
DHamz -
Who said anything about doing it publically? I believe the reference was for Brady to call Deion on the phone.

Again, Brady is a STAND-UP guy and wouldn't call a team-mate out publically for something like that.

Exactly. And while as I said I wish he would get after him a little privately I'm not sure he will because he does feel he has to walk that fine line.

Every player needs to conduct business. Getting involved is very dangerous.

not sure what he wants brady to do ...openly ask the team to pay branch ??borges always looks from one angle..."how frugal are the pats?"...so to get that point across he can blame anyone who doesnt echo that sentiment openly.Everyone criticized favre last yr when he got into walker's contract issue.why would brady or any other player comment on another player's situation?

dhamz said:
Hilarious.

Brady is probably the most stand up guy I've ever heard when it comes to his teammates. Most of the time it is almost comical. After every game last year where he was getting beaten to a pulp dodging unblocked rushers he would go on and on about how great his protection was.

I honestly can't remember a single bad word about a teammate from him.
Yeah he never says anything bad about his team mates. I've heard him praise his offensive line again and again. Against Bufallo two years ago he was telling the media they(offensive line) dont get the credit they deserve and all. I've heard him credit Dillon, he's credited Branch on different occasions. He's said great things about Troy Brown, Vinatieri, many of the vets on that defense, everyone. Recently hes credited both Jackson and Caldwell on their performances at mini camp. If something goes wrong, he always blames himself. He's problably one of the biggest team players in the NFL. Borges is simply a stooge. :D

Tom hooked the O-line up with that credit card ad- Tom cares...

All Tom Brady DOES is deflect praise to his teammates. This is truly an asinine thing to say - purely for effect. My fantasy, which will never happen:

Brady lets the Globe know that he will not grant any interviews with anyone at their paper unless they fire Borges.

Oh well...a guy can dream.

Alot of great posts. So, I remember him praising Dillon, and Terrell, and Branch, and Troy Brown, and Seymour, and his offensive line. I remember him refusing to do commercials unless his teammates where in it with him. I know he's never thrown a teammate under the bus, like Favre and Manning. He's the ultimate teammate.

I know I'm suppose to ignore Borges when he says ignorant things, which is all the time. It's just that, I don't think he does it for effect. I really believe he's that stupid. I really think he knows less football than anybody who posts here. He insults my intelligence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bostonian1962 said:

When will we collectively learn that Borges thrives by creating controversy? If we ignore him, he loses his ability to tell his bosses that he's keeping the Paper at the top of peoples' minds. He's provocative just to be provacative and he no doubt enjoys waiting for the reaction to his latest comments.

The only thing that would work would be an en-masse and organized cancellation of thousands of subscriptions sent to the Publisher, but let's face it, we're not going to stop reading his Paper.

So, let's just ignore the guy. Maybe his editor will decide that he's past his Sell-by date and let him go away. Otherwise, from his perspective, the more controversy, the more threads we create about his pieces, the more we write about him the better.

Mr. Borges' overt disdain for Belichick and Brady may not be as innocuous as it seems to be.

As the only hall-of-fame representative from the New England area, will Mr. Borges vote against Belichick and Brady's enshrinement to the Hall of Fame at Canton Ohio?

Last edited:
The only time that I remember where Brady remotely could have been considered as throwing his teammates under the bus was after the four game losing streak in 2002, when he said 'maybe it's just not important enough to some guys.....'

I didn't have a problem with that statement because I felt a little like that myself at the time, and after Vrabel and Milloy were questioned about it by the media, and initially got angered, they all seemed to work through it as a team. I think it lit a fire in the lockerroom, at the end of the day, and they won some games after that.

The only other thing I remember Brady saying about player negotiations and hold-outs was that 'each player is going to have to make up their own mind about what is important, getting a little more money elsewhere, or playing for a championship team here.'

And what he meant was that he would take less money for more success. Another statement I happened to like. He did imply that some of the players that left town were not doing much since, which could remotely be considered a jab, I suppose. This all happened around the Seymour hold-out, I think.

At the end of the day, Borges is simply grasping at straws if he can ignore all the great things Brady does as a teammate, in order to focus on one or two possible controversial things Brady might have said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft