Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just looking at the scoreboards this weekend and seeing
Chi 40 Buff 7
& Jax 41 Jets 0

I just have to ask the question are we in one of the weakest divisions in football, just feasting on our weak sisters, and going to get pasted come end of the season???

Now I know the Patriots traditionally dont blow anyone else away; but is there any cause for concern that we have kind of eeked out wins versus Buffy and the Jesters and while the fish weren't real close in the whole second half; it was still a 1 touchdown game for most of the game.

Meanwhile teams like chicago and jacksonville are killing these guys.

Early on we have had a lot of unwarranted negativism in the forum; so I dont want to go there; the Patriots are traditionally a better second half team so I think they will only get stronger.

But just considering the state of competitiveness in the AFCE ------- -----------
is it a bad thing for us to be playing such tight games against 'lackluster competition'; would the Patriots be better served come playoff time to have faced stronger teams within the AFCE- even if that means we had another loss within AFCE right now instead of 4-1 and running away with it?

But what do you say, then, about:

NE 38, CIN 13 and
IND 14, TEN 13?

Division matchups are always harder (familiarity breeds contempt, or something like that. . . .)

Chi 19 Min 16
Buf 17 Min 12

Things change week to week, you can't look at a score and determine exactly how teams compare. That's why they play 16 (and the money ;) )

I think right now we are a good team struggling to get our act together. It does seem the AFCE is a mess, but that is fine. We should run away with the East and then head to the playoffs. By then, we will have been hardened by the whole regular season. Barring injuries, we should be a MUCH better team than we are right now.

And even though our division appears weak, we still play some of the "best". (colts, bears, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News