PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: News and Notes on Dwight, Vinatieri

Status
Not open for further replies.
The report indicates that the Packers and the Patriots are the only two teams left in the race.
So if he's sitting there trying to decide between two offers, that must mean that the offers are fairly close to each other I would assume? (Or they're not close and he's holding out for more with GB and keeping NE as the fallback plan?) I can't wait to see the numbers on this when it's settled.

I might be the only one, but I find it hilarious that everyone else has given up on Vinatieri. This has to come as a real surprise to him. Seems that people's opinion of him outside of Boston isn't quite as skewed.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
So if he's sitting there trying to decide between two offers, that must mean that the offers are fairly close to each other I would assume? (Or they're not close and he's holding out for more with GB and keeping NE as the fallback plan?) I can't wait to see the numbers on this when it's settled.

For someone that seemed eager to leave a little more then a week ago he surely has quieted down a lot. Maybe being smacked by reality is not sitting to well with him?

I can't see either team approaching the 3 mil mark. Honestly I would have a hard time believing it but I wouldn't be shocked if it comes in somewhere near 2.75 mil. But 2.5 is were my guess is.

I just heard Dale and Holley say that Vinatieri has fired his agent. Can't find a link though. Can anyone confirm? And, more importantly, what does that mean if true?

QuickOutGo said:
I just heard Dale and Holley say that Vinatieri has fired his agent. Can't find a link though. Can anyone confirm? And, more importantly, what does that mean if true?

It means that he's extremely arrogant and the fact that nobody thinks he's worth what he thinks he is is tearing him up.

huskeralk said:
It means that he's extremely arrogant and the fact that nobody thinks he's worth what he thinks he is is tearing him up.

Used the agent to find out the deals, and dumped him so he can be his own agent and save 4-5%.

That's OK Adam take your time. We should get atleast 5 more threads from this debating if you are worth keeping or if you should go. They will all sound like the 20 threads before, but what the hell.

What ever you decide to do make sure you tell us it's not about the money. I don't know if I could take another shot of David Givens honestly, coming from a sports figure, in one week.

I don't get it, why would he take GB over NE, even if the money was slightly better in GB. He's going to be playing in conditions which are just as bad if not worse then New England. Green Bay is not a contender. They have a qb who's best years are well behind him, and a second year qb that hasn't gotten it yet. Any difference in money could surey be made up in endorsements (Boston vs Green bay market). I've lost count of how much Superbowl winners share is, not to mention what another game winning field goal would bring him. So unless there is a third team out there I don't see how he signs with Green Bay.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

However it settles ... Adam has spent the past few weeks
diligently discarding quite a bit of his large store of goodwill in New England.

All those endorsements, and the broadcast future, etc.
may not be worth as much now as they were last month.

I hope he comes back - at our price - but it's time for him to sh!t or get off the pot.

flutie2phelan said:
diligently discarding quite a bit of his large store of goodwill in New England.

That may be true...miscalculated...but I would like to see him back..despite what I see is a bit of drama and big headedness...If He's back..fine if not BB has plan B.

I'm actually more intrigued the item on Dwight, who has barely been discussed this offseason. Any indications whether the Patriots are interested in re-signing him? Seemed like a good solid utility player.

His agent had been suspended. Maybe he was trying to go it alone, without representation from an agent and now realizes he cant. I would assume he would have to fire his suspended agent to hire another one.

IMO, Adam's pride would make it tough for him to come back to the Pats.

...Ahhh.....Branch, Caldwell, Johnson, Boet-something and Tiny Tim - wow, scarey.

LOL!

flutie2phelan said:

I agree - seems to me the bloom is rapidly vanishing off of the AV rose. Am I alone here, but AV is really pissing me off. If you wanna leave - go - we will survive without you, but please, stop playing both ends against the middle.
I realize I have written that there is no realy hurry, I am just sick of this roller coaster already.

And BB - if you or your press monitors happen to read this - restore some goodwill for yourself and SIGN Troy Brown already.

I don't think people on this board realize that the wider public perception on Adam isn't nearly as skewed against him. The vast majority of Pats fans (who we apparently don't represent all that well) want him back period.

People here choose to continue to ignore the fact that if we offered him a deal that keeps him the highest paid with no guarantees or signing bonus, we essentially offered him ZERO. It's more fun to bash the greedy ingrate player. That's a deal most any franchise can top. Including us by simply adding in the requesite signing bonus. If Adam leaves because we don't, then PR spin aside he will have been forced out. NO KICKER WORTH HAVING TAKES THAT DEAL. Because all it really is is a series of one year highest salary non guaranteed deals the team can opt out of with no cap consequence beginning as soon as the day after he signs the deal. Remember in the NFL nothing is guaranteed save the signing bonus.

If Adam fired his agent it is likely because he did not do a good job of managing this kickers market or because the player is hearing feedback from club and other sources that indicate the agent is misrepresenting their offers to him. This is not his former agent who was suspended - however it is a partner in the same firm whom Adam only agreed to stay with about a month ago. And BTW the NFLPA limits an agents take to 3%.

Willie55 said:
His agent had been suspended. Maybe he was trying to go it alone, without representation from an agent and now realizes he cant. I would assume he would have to fire his suspended agent to hire another one.
He had already replaced his suspended agent with another agent that worked for his original agent... so it was a guy from the same office that he just fired.

fgssand said:
I agree - seems to me the bloom is rapidly vanishing off of the AV rose. Am I alone here, but AV is really pissing me off.
I understand the frustration we're all feeling just waiting for the other shoe to drop, but he's done nothing concrete to piss us off. I think a lot of people are getting angry at him over speculation and wild guesses. Yeah, on the surface it can be painted that he's playing the greedy ingrate, and yeah it seems like there's something going on between him and the front office, but we don't KNOW for sure. But such is life as a New England fan... locked out of the information flow and left to guess.

Now if he confirms that speculation by doing something like signing with GB for the same or less than we offer, or doesn't give us a chance to match, THEN I'll be pissed off. Otherwise, as annoying as it is, it's just gotta be wait and see for me.

(I reserve the right to pull a complete flip-flop on this attitude if he picks up a Rosenhaus or Poston type agent)

Do I want him back? Hell yeah, for a reasonable price.

patchick said:
I'm actually more intrigued the item on Dwight, who has barely been discussed this offseason. Any indications whether the Patriots are interested in re-signing him? Seemed like a good solid utility player.
Yeah, I want Dwightning back too, especially if we don't bring Troy Brown back, I think he can help on our PR again this year, and can stretch the field once in a while.

What are the guesses about this one? We offered him Vet Min with no bonus and he's shopping for better?

scout said:
I don't get it, why would he take GB over NE, even if the money was slightly better in GB. He's going to be playing in conditions which are just as bad if not worse then New England. Green Bay is not a contender. They have a qb who's best years are well behind him, and a second year qb that hasn't gotten it yet. Any difference in money could surey be made up in endorsements (Boston vs Green bay market). I've lost count of how much Superbowl winners share is, not to mention what another game winning field goal would bring him. So unless there is a third team out there I don't see how he signs with Green Bay.

Who says the financial offers are in the same ballpark?

My hunch is that the GB offer may be significantly more and the Adam is weighing the NE external advantages.

shmessy said:
Who says the financial offers are in the same ballpark?

My hunch is that the GB offer may be significantly more and the Adam is weighing the NE external advantages.

If GB was significantly more, he would have signed when he was over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes