PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bledsoe joke: am I really getting old?!?!?

If you never went to a Pats game in Harvard Stadium, you are not old. People that did are old.
oldfella.gif

You guys are pathetic. I'm afraid that I can say that I saw Norm Van Brocklin throw an 80 yard TD to Tommy McDonald...:eek:

Last edited:
so, what you guys are sayin...im not old?

You might have early onset alzheimer's though, so it's pretty much the same.

BTW, saw Ted Williams bat on TV.

:ditto: My shameful past. I was a huge Giant fan when I was a kid. They were the only show in town on Sundays and idolized YA Tittle. Then the AFL came along and saved me.

That's OK. I admit that I voted for Jimmy Carter.

Last edited:
You guys are pathetic. I'm afraid that I can say that I saw Norm Van Brocklin throw an 80 yard TD to Tommy McDonald...:eek:

I saw Johnny Unitas and the Baltimore Colts (sorry no affiliation with the Irsay Colts) beat the NY Giants in Memorial Stadium for their 2nd straight NFL Championship.

But I don't feel old..............

You guys are ahead of me.

My oldest real sports memory is the 1966 baseball season (I grew up in LA and it was a pennant-winning year).

My wife, on the other hand, is quite a bit older than I am, and probably remembers her favorite athlete's rookie season -- Tommy Heinsohn.

Watching sports sure provides a helluva barometer for the passage of time.

As a kid, I simply watched the players of the day. I kept track of their stats, knew their habits, etc. But I idolized the people I had never seen play. I'd look over their numbers in the encyclopedias, watching the choppy, cartoonishly fast running on tv. Babe Ruth, Jim Brown, Bill Russell, etc. Similarly, I always had an eye open for the college kids and minor leaguers.

I've since watched many of those names I saw in magazines as hot prospects since retire and be replaced by new names. Now the names seem almost as goofy sounding and uninspiring as the fictional names in future drafts of the video games I play. When I watch the games on tv now, there are many faces who are younger than me, making more money in a year than most will in their lifetime. I remember looking at the backs of baseball cards. Players born in the 60's were rookies. Starting in the next year or two, those DOB numbers will be from the 90's, as seen by the new little kids pouring over those numbers like I did. The players I watched as a kid will someday be those old historical players that only the old-timers remember, for the most part.

Play ball.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes