PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Black Monday thread

I like the out of the box thinking but it won't work.

This is akin to one of those "Blue Ribbon Panel" of people who are in a position of authority to pass judgement but with zero practical experience.
Usually works …

Who says he was sandbagged? It looked like during games; he was hands off and let BOB run the offense. What's this stuff about he only let him have 1 coach. He brought in his bag man; other coaches were in place.
"Come be my OC. Oh, you can't pick your own staff." I call that sandbagged. Set up to fail, if you prefer.

I think it makes sense to hire smart people as consultants who have practical experience building successful organizations.

Myers is a brilliant guy but he has no practical knowledge of what makes a successful NFL player. Maybe he rep'd for a few when he was an agent but that was in the 2000s..a lifetime in the NFL ago.
Everything about this screams “Adam Peters no matter what.”

Same high school, same college, worked in front offices in the same city (different sport, obviously). There’s some reported relationship between Myers and Peters based on those connections. It’s like Harris decided Peters is the guy he wants and then had to figure out who (not already employed in the NFL) should run the GM search to make it happen.

Everything about this screams “Adam Peters no matter what.”

Same high school, same college, worked in front offices in the same city (different sport, obviously). There’s some reported relationship between Myers and Peters based on those connections. It’s like Harris decided Peters is the guy he wants and then had to figure out who (not already employed in the NFL) should run the GM search to make it happen.
Yep

Why would BOB want to come back if reporting that he was basically sandbagged by BB is true? This season didn't do his resume any good.
Let's see.
Why would BOB when the last coach treated him badly?

1) BOB has a contract.
2) The team will be drafting their franchise QB.
3) A new coach will likely treat the Offense much, much better.

Let's see.
Why would BOB when the last coach treated him badly?

1) BOB has a contract.
2) The team will be drafting their franchise QB.
3) A new coach will likely treat the Offense much, much better.
(4) maybe BOB isn’t a crybaby and doesn’t need to be coddled

(4) maybe BOB isn’t a crybaby and doesn’t need to be coddled
Coddled?

TREATING BOB BADLEY
not allowing him to hire coaches or staff
not signing or trading for a replacement OT before the deadline, when it was clear that there were many injuries at OT

Why would BOB want to come back if reporting that he was basically sandbagged by BB is true? This season didn't do his resume any good.
Was just about to say the same thing. If half of what was reported is true, BOB will not be back, why the hell would he??

Was just about to say the same thing. If half of what was reported is true, BOB will not be back, why the hell would he??
When he returns you will realize what was reported was BS.

Super prepared. Outstanding sign for the franchise. I expect Kraft will diddle and doddle when decisions could have been made weeks ago.

Uche should've been traded weeks ago, I know that at least.

Like he throws around drinks :rofl:
Rumor has it that Tepper threw the drink after discovering that he couldn’t draft a better QB than Bryant Young, because he traded up last year and no longer had the first pick in the draft and didn’t have any picks left to get his original pick back.

Which is kinda of argument for why he will be back.

Probably not going to have many teams knocking down the door offering him and OC/HC position.

And he gets the opportunity to work with a high 1st round QB. Hard to think of a better way to rehab his image.

Which is kinda of argument for why he will be back.

Probably not going to have many teams knocking down the door offering him and OC/HC position.

And he gets the opportunity to work with a high 1st round QB. Hard to think of a better way to rehab his image.
BOB is under contract. He has a good relataionship with the Kraft's. He'll be back.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back