PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills mini camp report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile at Foxboro:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...kdown_how_tom_brady_jimmy_garoppolo_performed

Here’s a statistical breakdown of the Patriots’ quarterback play during the offseason workout program.

TOM BRADY
Three open OTAs:
7-on-7s: 30 of 41
11-on-11s: 29 of 41

Two minicamp practices:
7-on-7s: 11 of 12
11-on-11s: 38 of 56

Total (five practices):
7-on-7s: 41 of 53 (77.4 percent)
11-on-11s: 67 of 97 (69.1 percent)

Total in all team drills: 108 of 150 (72.0 percent, 1 INT)

JIMMY GAROPPOLO
Three OTAs:
7-on-7s: 18 of 22
11-on-11s: 31 of 46

Minicamp:
7-on-7s: 9 of 12
11-on-11s: 42 of 57

Total (five practices):
7-on-7s: 27 of 34 (79.4)
11-on-11s: 73 of 103 (70.9)

Total in all team drills: 100 of 137 (73.0, 7 INT)

Thank you football gods for our QB situation.

Looks like Jimmy had a wake up call after a 5 pick practice.

Never. But Gap is replicating Brady's numbers. Either he's the 2nd coming of Brady or our CBs are Air dancers.

Fair point. But Garoppolo was as bad as these Bills QBs last year in the offseason. I think it highlights his fast improvement.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...nts/2014/08/patriots_training_camp_notes.html

On Friday, quarterback Jimmy Garappolo did more of what he's been doing throughout all of training camp so far: struggling.

Patriots season ticket holders got to see a heavy dose of rookie quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. They got just a small dose of what we've seen throughout training camp: struggles and inconsistency.

Someone needs to install a stopwatch in his head. He holds onto the ball far too long on a consistent basis, and ran into trouble again in 11-on-11 work where he was flushed from the pocket once, and "sacked" on the next play. It happened again during 11-on-11 red zone work at the end of practice, resulting in another sack.

The 2014 second-round pick went an underwhelming 1-for-9 with an interception in team drills. He would have completed two passes, were it not for a brutal drop by rookie wide receiver Derrick Johnson at the end of practice — a fitting end for two players who have struggled to this point in camp.

http://nesn.com/2014/08/darrelle-re...mong-patriots-week-1-training-camp-standouts/

Down: Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo

Mallett might look good because he’s being compared with Garoppolo, who has had a tough time adjusting to the NFL so far, which should come as no surprise. The rookie QB is coming out of FCS Eastern Illinois and a shotgun, timing-based offense. Garoppolo is holding onto the ball too long and throwing behind his receivers far too frequently, which is forcing drops and interceptions. The NFL game is moving too fast for Garoppolo, and he has to adjust accordingly.

------------------------------------------------

I remember being at some of those practices. He looked terrible on the third team. It's exciting IMO that he's continued his preseason/regular season play this offseason. I'm not sure it's because of our secondary.

I think it's partly that the secondary is worse, but you can only attribute his performance to that a bit. I would say he is definitely performing much better.

I'm sure there's no one single factor. I'm super high on Gap. He's the best backup, aside from Brady, that we have. He reminds me of Russell Wilson. I think we can win with him. The short time he played last season showed how much poise he has.

But the point is, division games are always tough. So it really doesn't matter if the bills are 10-0 or 0-10. They find a way to disrupt our offense.

So it really doesn't matter if the bills are 10-0 or 0-10 They find a way to disrupt our offense.

Ya they really did that last year when Pats put up 37 and Brady threw for 361 yards and 4 TD and don't give me the last game of the regular season.

Ya they really did that last year when Pats put up 37 and Brady threw for 361 yards and 4 TD and don't give me the last game of the regular season.

I won't. I'll give you the last 2 games of the regular season. Beat the jets by 1 point. Lost to the bills. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back