PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Simmons Nails It

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you read the 1st sentence?

thanks

Yes, I read the 1st sentence. I'm trying to figure out which point you are absolutely correct on. You seem slow, so I'll give you multiple choice
A) Addai had more yards than our whole team
B) Our old defense can't stop anybody
C) You went away from the run
D) Going away from the run made your younger, quicker guys more tired than the old men

All your "calls" amounted to 3 points. There wasn't a non call on Addai's run, that block actually almost resulted in a tackle. It helped your guy.

I think it was the Colts that actually were screwed by the poor officiating. Moss pushing off on his TD. The Pats tackling Mathis on the big throw to Moss. Faulk throwing a forearm to get free.

I can only laugh, the entire country outside of the great state of Indiana thought the Patriots got blatantly hosed the entire game by the officials, EVERYONE THAT IS except for Indy Joe.

How did your great QB do in crunch time Joe compared to our QB ? TELL ME. I saw a fumble that LUCKILY was recovered by your Olineman, then to avoid the sack the great Pey-a-ton says here Rosie take the ball, I don't want to get sacked. These are things you would never see Tommy Trophy do in crunch time.

Last edited by a moderator:
All your "calls" amounted to 3 points. There wasn't a non call on Addai's run, that block actually almost resulted in a tackle. It helped your guy.

I think it was the Colts that actually were screwed by the poor officiating. Moss pushing off on his TD. The Pats tackling Mathis on the big throw to Moss. Faulk throwing a forearm to get free.

No, actually 2 PIs resulted in 2 FGs, there WAS a block in the back on the Addai run after catch and if Colvin isnt blatantly held he sacks Manning and the 3rd and 15 isnt completed. Face it, your team couldn't win at home with the officials giving you the game and a 10 point 4th quarter lead.

BAHAHAHABHAHAHAHHA!!!!

That's why your corners and LB's had to literally tackle our receivers/TE's on every single passing down.

That's why you had to grow the grass out 2 feet, and water it the entire night before.

That's why you had to spy on our team, and video tape our practices.

LMAO at being a better team.

Did any of these happen this past week?

Since when is Indy's obvious holding on the OL just fine but NE getting away with a handful (and that is right just a handful, not "every passing down") of IC plays is dispicable?

Watering the grass is bad but jacking up the heat is OK?

Seriously, Indy played a great game. They did make mistakes (as did NE) and they certainly played like a tough team. But the refs were clearly onesided. Indy got away with just as much clutching and grabbing in this past weeks game as NE did in 2003. You have just heard nothing about it because BB isn't on the comp committee.

BAHAHAHABHAHAHAHHA!!!!

That's why your corners and LB's had to literally tackle our receivers/TE's on every single passing down.

That's why you had to grow the grass out 2 feet, and water it the entire night before.

That's why you had to spy on our team, and video tape our practices.

LMAO at being a better team.

Wait, what are you actually talking about? Seriously, I have no clue what you're attempting to write here. I was referring to the game played this past Sunday, that the better team won. It did. The fact that fans are complaining about the officiating is because it was that bad, and despite a win fans rightfully complained about it.

You can't talk about how Indy is better when Indy lost the game. It's pretty simple.

Well, except for last season in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

ouch, owe, ohhh, damn, :p

Last time I checked the score was still 3-1. 2-1 in the playoffs, and 7-3 overall with Brady as QB, so cram it.

I am still amazed how Colts fans watched a game where the refs gave the Colts 100 yards and aided each of their teams scoring drives, the Colts still lost, and they think this at all bodes well for them in the future.

I'll wait for the Colts to play a game in the cold before I believe any silliness about them being a good cold weather team (and I don't accept Peter King's definition of cold including the range of 32-45F. I'll eat my hat if a night game in Boston in January is in the low 40s). Besides, the QB is most affected by the cold and Tom Brady is clearly a better QB than Manning in the cold.

I am still amazed how Colts fans watched a game where the refs gave the Colts 100 yards and aided each of their teams scoring drives, the Colts still lost, and they think this at all bodes well for them in the future.

I'll wait for the Colts to play a game in the cold before I believe any silliness about them being a good cold weather team (and I don't accept Peter King's definition of cold including the range of 32-45F. I'll eat my hat if a night game in Boston in January is in the low 40s). Besides, the QB is most affected by the cold and Tom Brady is clearly a better QB than Manning in the cold.

Pey-a-ton has never, ever played well in ANY cold game that I can ever think of, he has always had playoff games in either the dome or warm weather cities, the only cold weather playoff games he had to play in were in Foxboro and we all know how those games ended.

We dropped 2 certain TD's, and got another one taken away by a bad call.

We should've been up 38-7 by half.

Please explain.

Great article by Simmons. The Patriots got completely jobbed on the penalty calls in this game. This DOES rival the level of BS officiating in the Nazis v Allies game. And the Patriots STILL overcame it and WON the game. And the scary thing is that this kind of game just INCREASES the size of the chip on the Patriots' shoulders as well as their fans. It is indeed us against the world now. Not only do the Patriots need to beat their opponents, they've got to beat the refs!

Goodell and Pareira had a chance to assure us that this kind of shoddy officiating would never happen again. Instead they sat there and justified BLATANTLY bad calls like the PI against Hobbs were Wayne was the one tackling him to prevent the INT! This sums it up neatly - Eff you NFL, and the Eff you TD has officially become a mandatory component to our team's future blowout wins. When everyone hates you, it feels good to be a little bad. Go ahead and run up the score BB, with Patriot Nation's full blessings!!

Last edited:
you didn't watch the game, obv.

dominated

I watched it thrice. I'm trying to figure out how, in your little fantasy game there, the Colts got six possessions in the first half.

Because the Colts left 17 points on the field WITHOUT their #1 receiver, starting left tackle, 2 starting LB's, etc.!

dominated

My guess is that you wipe your ***** after you pull your pants up

Because the Colts left 17 points on the field WITHOUT their #1 receiver, starting left tackle, 2 starting LB's, etc.!

dominated

Well, we left 48 on the field in the first half. Why? Because I said so that's why. I wished it to be true, so it should be true. You, my friend, are an a**clown.

lol, shouldn't you be in the kitchen?

Ha, ha, you're so very funny. I don't know, is your Mommy already in the kitchen cooking supper for you?

lol, shouldn't you be in the kitchen?

Why, when she's here making you laugh out loud? You seem to enjoy her comedic talents.

Indy Joe, at this point, I would forget about the Pats, man we just beat you and the corrupt officials in your own back yard brother. We proved ourselves twice now on the road against the other top teams in football.

If I were you man, I would focus on trying to keep that 2-seed because Pitt is right on your heels, and you will never win a PO game at Heinz field. You have a tough test this Sunday night. I like the Chargers in this game big time. Soon to be 7-2.

On another note, who do you guys like in the first round next April. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS SORRY, I forgot, you traded that pick away, THAT'S MY BAD, I'M SO SORRY INDY JOE. If you're nice to us, we'll let you hold our 2008 Superbowl trophy and if you're really nice to us, maybe just maybe, we let you consult with us about who we should select with the #4 overall pick in April.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't get all the whining coming from Pat's fans. It's pathetic.

As Bill all but admitted during the AFC Championship game a few years ago it's the Pats strategy to grab and hold on every play because they can't call a penalty on every single play. Kraft and the pats were the favored franchise back then.

Things have changed.

What in the crap are you talking about? He admitted his plan was just to hold everyone and that's how we would win the game? Everyone is right he is a genius!!!
Psst..I'll let you in on a little secret because it seems you desperately need some female companionship. Go to the thread tittle "Hottest bar in Indy" scroll through and you will find one of Indy's hottest chicks all decked out in baby blue. Seems she hangs at the Ugly Monkey..go get her, I'll put in a good word, I swear.

dominated

The Colts were hurt by injuries (they happen, ask last year's AFCCG Patriots about them) and a couple drops (you suffer for your mistakes. you aren't excused them). The Patriots were hurt by officiating so horrible it can be argued the game was fixed (not by me, but the dumb argument has been made).

So the Colts should be excused for inability to deal with a injuries and their mistakes? The Pats having to overcome an inept officiating crew should be discounted?

The Chargers?

haha! You do realize that Norv Turner is their head coach, right? The guy hasn't won a big game as a head coach since pee wee. The Chargers haven't beaten a team with a winning record yet.

Indy you didn't respond to my draft question about next April, please read above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye