PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Simmons Nails It

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good thing that Patriots fans have never had calls go mostly their way before, otherwise I'd think they were being whiny douchefags.

I assume you're talking about the Tuck Rule, because that's the only thing people of your ilk have to point to. There was no tuck, making it an incomplete pass. If you have issue with the rule then take that up with the Competition Committee (I'm sure Bill Polian will listen to your complaint). I think the rule is dumb, but it's a rule and it fit in that game.

Now, kindly STFU and stop being a whiny, MISINFORMED, "douchefag."

lol @ the tuck rule. There's so many calls that were far more egregious then the tuck rule it's not even funny.

Like what? The '03 Championship Game? The Colts were allowed to (and did) play with the same physicality as the Patriots (well, tried to, at least). The refs allowed it both ways. That's the issue that Patriots fans (and football fans in general, excluding Colts fans who discount any complaint that disagrees with their line of thinking as whining) have with this last game. If ticky-tack calls go both ways it really isn't a big deal. But, if one team is egregiously flagged for small infractions while the other gets away with the same (or even worse) there is cause to complain.

Let alone when a team is continuously flagged for "infractions" that did not occur.

lol @ your posts

lol @ the tuck rule. There's so many calls that were far more egregious then the tuck rule it's not even funny.

Since the tuck rule call was not egregerious in the least, your point is de facto correct. Congratulations!

Just as calls seemed to be beneficial to the Patriots in the 2001 season, calls seemed to be going against the Patriots in both 2003 and 2004. Since the Patriots ended up winning the games with these bad calls, they tended to be quickly forgotten. But they were certainly there.

"It'a a Patriots thing...you wouldn't understand."

Simmons' article, and the "eff the world" attitude that has come to characterize the Patriots fan base this year, looks from an outsider's perspective like little more than a psychological projection of guilt.

Face it: you'd hate it if you found out that, say, the Colts were filming the sidelines in the AFCCG last year, and would love BB if he called them on it. And you would probably think a $500K fine & loss of draft pick was too light.

I know I'll get killed for this, but that's just how it is. Have at it.

Didn't the Pats complain about the Dolphions stealing audibles?

The league response was that they did nothing wrong?

The media response was for the Pats to stop complaining?

Didn't the Pats complain about the Dolphions stealing audibles?

The league response was that they did nothing wrong?

The media response was for the Pats to stop complaining?
How did they steal them though? I don't remember that too well.

Like what? The '03 Championship Game? The Colts were allowed to (and did) play with the same physicality as the Patriots (well, tried to, at least). The refs allowed it both ways. That's the issue that Patriots fans (and football fans in general, excluding Colts fans who discount any complaint that disagrees with their line of thinking as whining) have with this last game. If ticky-tack calls go both ways it really isn't a big deal. But, if one team is egregiously flagged for small infractions while the other gets away with the same (or even worse) there is cause to complain.

Let alone when a team is continuously flagged for "infractions" that did not occur.

lol @ your posts

True -- it's how the game of football was being played at the time.

Let's look at the SB of the 2003 season: a Pats TD ruled OOB (replay showed wrong call), and a fumble ruled an incomplete. Pats won anyway, so no one complained much.

I'm sure we can find calls that have gone both ways, but the volume of calls one way last week was creepy and suspicious.

True -- it's how the game of football was being played at the time.

Let's look at the SB of the 2003 season: a Pats TD ruled OOB (replay showed wrong call), and a fumble ruled an incomplete. Pats won anyway, so no one complained much.

I'm sure we can find calls that have gone both ways, but the volume of calls one way last week was creepy and suspicious.
OR the Pats played a dirty(sloppy, not cheating) game.

Can't say enough about the Simmons article. Please remind me if I forget to bump it every week.

Of course the funny thing is, the refs will have no choice but to make the close call for the pats if they have a rematch. HAHAH good luck indy.

Why would you say that?

The league is not happy with the Pats, and the way Tom Brady acted towards the refs in that game, you actually think the Pats are going to get the calls in a close game?

Actually, yes I do. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. See the Indianapolis Colts and the San Antonio Spurs. The two biggest whiners in pro sports, and they also happen to get most of the calls.

Why would you say that?

The league is not happy with the Pats, and the way Tom Brady acted towards the refs in that game, you actually think the Pats are going to get the calls in a close game? Dream on. Don't think the other refs didn't hear or see Tom going crazy on the refs, didn't read Simmons' article, or haven't heard all the whining and crying coming out of NE.

I like our chances.

If the refs called games with a bias against a team based on how much the QB complained after calls/non-calls, the Colts would be the most penalized team in the league.

If anything Polian's antics prove that whining to or about officials helps your cause.

GFY.

Why would you say that?

The league is not happy with the Pats, and the way Tom Brady acted towards the refs in that game, you actually think the Pats are going to get the calls in a close game? Dream on. Don't think the other refs didn't hear or see Tom going crazy on the refs, didn't read Simmons' article, or haven't heard all the whining and crying coming out of NE.

I like our chances.

So, because the officiating was universally acknowledged to be atrociously one-sided, and because they were called on it, now they're going to be more one-sided in the future just to prove a point?

Here's a more likely theory: Goodel is going to have a little chat with his head officials and say "look, I don't want the Pats to win either, but damn guys, youcan't be this obvious. You have to at least make it look like you COULD have been calling a fair game". And, at the end of the day, they care more about keeping their jobs than they care about having a vendetta against Brady for being mad over truly horrendous officiating.

Will calls still find a way to go against the Pats more often than not? I would assume so. Will the refs now be forced to call a game that is at least in the ballpark of fair? Probably, between Simmons' article and Goodell's meeting, they're under a microscope now.

BTW, is this what Colts fans are reduced to? Knowing that their team can't beat the Pats, so instead hoping that the ref bias continues into the playoffs so that they can have enough of a handicap to have a fighting chance in january?

Last edited:
No, I actually think we can beat the Pats straight up. I mean, had we catched two balls in the last game it would've been an easy win.

But because the Pats have acted like such whiny little *****es after WINNING a game, especially after not only cheating to win, but also being given 3 Superbowl wins, I actually hope we win on a terrible call on the last play of the game.

That would be the greatest thing ever, only surpassed by the mass suicides that would follow.

I didn't know the break room at Walmart had internet access? :confused:

"had we catched"?????

you're a moron...no wonder you think Indy was in that game. The Pats won GOING AWAY...beat your brains in in the 4th quarter. All that matters you idiot.

Last edited:
No, I actually think we can beat the Pats straight up. I mean, had we catched two balls in the last game it would've been an easy win.

But because the Pats have acted like such whiny little *****es after WINNING a game, especially after not only cheating to win, but also being given 3 Superbowl wins, I actually hope we win on a terrible call on the last play of the game.

That would be the greatest thing ever, only surpassed by the mass suicides that would follow.

You lose by four points, at home, with the refs in your back pocket, and on near-even footing in the injury dept. Let me let you in on a little secret: The Colts have NEVER beaten the Patriots at full strength over the course of the modern rivalry. The couple of injuries that your guys had in this last game were NOTHING compared to what the Pats had to deal with last year in the AFCCG. But you know what? It doesn't matter. You play with who you have, and what's even more funny about your lame rationalizations is that the Pats had some pretty major injuries as well (Sammy Morris, Eugene Wilson, with Seymour, Thomas, and Watson still recovering or playiong hurt). You know why you didn't hear much about it? Because the Pats don't make excuses, and that's a large part of why they're just flat-out better at football.

But yeah, continue to sit here talking about how a couple of catches would have changed the outcome of the game. We can play that little game too. Hell, if Reche catches either of his big drops last year, the Pats would have 4 SBs. Sorry, but it just doesn't work like that.

The Colts had a 120 yard penalty advantage at home. If they can't win under those circumstances, then how the hell can they?

lol @ "going away".

You had to rely on moss pushing off, and holding on the faulk play to score.

We had the game in the bag, and we let it go. We dominated for 3 quarters even without our best receiver, starting LT, and 2 starting LB's.

I'll address this point by point.

You had to rely on moss pushing off, and holding on the faulk play to score.
Moss got called for pushing off when he didn't. This isn't bizarro world, which makes you both wrong and stupid. Congrats.
I can also take the opposite route and say that you had to rely on phantom PI calls to even get TO the red zone, where you could still fail to punch it in. Great work, really bodes well for ya.

We had the game in the bag, and we let it go. We dominated for 3 quarters even without our best receiver, starting LT, and 2 starting LB's

The Pats were undermanned too, you just didn't hear about it because they don't make excuses. We were without our top RB and one of our starting safeties, our best TE was hobbled, as was our best LB, and our best defensive player period was still working his way back from an injury. And we still won.
You dominated for 3 quarters? Do they give a trophy for that? Does that count for .75 wins? No, seriously? Then who the **** cares? The Pats dominated the quarter that counted, and that's all that matters.

"Don't make excuses." BAHAHAHAHBAHAHAHAHAH!!!

YOU GUYS MAKE FU##$$ING EXCUSES WHEN YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

************, I'VE NEVER SEEN A BUNCH OF WHINY *****ES MAKING MORE EXCUSES THEN THE PATSY FAN BASE.

you will never see whiny patsfans when you get off the boards... forums at indystar must be really boring:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back