PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Plaschke (LA Times) - "Brady Totally Classless"

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Barstool Sports article:

"Bill Belichick was caught red handed, cheating There is no doubt about it. He was caught, has been fined and he even admitted it....Bill Belichick's terrible action should give any parent a great opportunity to teach their children a wonderful lesson in moral and ethical decision-making ...Thanks to Bill Belichick, We Have a Great Teaching Moment Thanks to Bill for giving parents a chance to graphically demonstrate to their children that all of the championships in this world really mean nothing if you compromise your character and forfeit trust in order to get them. Here is a man who might have gone down in history as one of the greatest coaching minds in the history of team sports. But, his terrible decision to break the rules and cheat will forever be his legacy."- parentingwithdignity.blogspot

So I'm curious and check out this Parenting blog and almost fell out of my chair. It's written and run by one Mac Bledsoe, Drew's father. No hard feelings there eh?

this guy's takes annoy me to no end, and it really is slanderous. And he's apparently never actually competed in a real sport. he doesnt seem to have a clue what Brady was even doing. Or his west coast slanted biased or hatred for the Patriots is completely clouding his judgement. but to give LT2 a pass for showing up his own teammate on the sidelines, his QB of all people, who he's shown up now on numerous occasions, is extremely weak. LT deserves absolutely no defending for his actions and words over the past year. All the whining, and cheater talk, and crying about being classless, then declaring himself classy. heck, even Deion Sanders told him to shut up about identifying himself as classy. but this Platschke guy is worthless. But if any of us looked that friggin goofy we might hate a guy like Brady, too. petty jealousy.

Thanks for this. I just e-mailed him. I hate that effin' guy.

Thank you. I give writers a wide berth. They are under deadline, have to maintain readership/ratings/etc.

This guy is such a child, though. He regards the world in a way small children do. I get the impression he means it. It's not an act with him. He is genuinely out-matched by reality and is incapable of reconciling with it. He should have been a kindergarten teacher.

I generally avoid writing to them, but Plaschke holds himself up as paragon of virtue, and arbiter of all that happens in the world, when in fact he's the most egotistical, self-aggrandizing sports writer I've ever encountered (and I've met Woody Paige!).

The advent of ATH and certain other shows certainly hasn't helped to keep the collective sportswriter ego in check.

The advent of ATH and certain other shows certainly hasn't helped to keep the collective sportswriter ego in check.

Good point. Sports writers need to constantly be reminded, "You are not the story! People don't want to see/hear you, they want you to just report on what they do care about!"

brady went up to smith after the game?

i thought the only time was after the TD.

I love it...Brady the best QB in history is classless because he gets in the face of a Jag who runs his mouth writing a check his ass can't pay just to get his face on TV but LT the loser is given a pass because he is just being emotional.

Brady treated Smith just like any Jag in his own locker room who steps out of line, he got in his face and made him pay for his mistake that cost his team. The talking heads think it is classless only because they have no understanding of the culture of a locker room and how it works.

Of course the snake of a reporter who created this situation with his questioning Smith until he got the answer he wanted and then reported it out of actual context to get the result he wanted is a very Classy professional indeed.

Yet these these morons are the people we rely on to inform us about football, pathetic.

The guy is an idiot....But ..Well it is nice to see my photoshop pic is like so much it is used everywhere.

Off course mine was in sarcasm.. now it is in the hands of evil :p
I knew I should have watermarked it grrr.

Here was my original post with the original pic in it :
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=60820
evilbilly.jpg

plaschke is just a phoney, a big fat phoney!

Difference between Smith and Brady

Smith (and many many others): Talks before the game about what they're going to do;
Then (some of the players from the above group): whine about not being able to do what they said they were going to do.

Brady (and the rest of the Patriots, and a few others): Talk during the game about what they just did.

Yet many in the media think its okay to trash-talk before hand, but not to point out what you just did afterwards. Makes no sense to me...

Last edited:
Conveniently forgotten is the fact that Smith was taunting and screaming at Brady before the game started. So, yeah, Brady had every right to give his 2 cents to Smith after he burned him on a pass during the game.

Going just by the writer's quote (similar to how he judges Brady on what was shown on TV), he suggest that Brady slammed Smith after winning the game. What a slander! Pure BS...

He should watch Brady's interview after the game when Brady refused to disclose what he said to Smith on the field. That, my friends, is class, something that the media idiots know nothing about.

Thanks for giving his email. I plan to email him right away. :mad:
I do not think the a-ole even KNEW anything about what Smith did before teh game..if he did he's even MORE of a jerk...if he did not he hardly knows the facts. I agree the POS ESPN trash is just that..do not watch it much...when I do I take it with a grain of salt...

plaschke is just a phoney, a big fat phoney!

don't forget ugly. a big fat UGLY phoney. emphasis on ugly. he may be the single uglest dude next to john clayton in the history of television. i can not stand his lisp. please get your lisp fixed before you decide to comment on other people. i can not take that dude seriously. what a clown.

Last edited:
He writes for a newspaper in a city that doesn't have an NFL team

Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back