PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick takes out full-page ad in Globe - “To Patriots Fans Everywhere”

Thank you coach Belichick for providing my friends and family memories that will last a life time. You are the goat and the fans were fortunate to have you be our coach for 24 years. I hope to see you on the sidelines soon coaching your way to the NFL wins record.

Thank you for everything coach, wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do.
No matter which side of the fence you’re on, no one can doubt his football acumen and passion and his love for the Patriots!! Will miss him !!! He and Brady together were such a force and we witnessed it for so many years, we were truly blessed.

A classy goodbye from coach Belichick.

Thanks for the good memories coach. For all your faults, and everyone has some, you did a lot of good for our beloved franchise.

Thanks Bill, for six championships and a lot of wins, and hopefully you have a good time in retirement.

Really classy move by BB and seems to a lot more tuned in with the fans than some of his press conferences have suggested over the years.
Built the greatest dynasty of the 21st century, nothing but love for you coach!

Farewell Coach, thanks for some of my best sports memories. Hope you update the name of your boat once more.

Patrick Stewart Cheers GIF by Blunt Talk

I dunno if I told all you guys or just a couple guys in DMs, but I will roll with it again. I have coached football in NH for 20 years. Some years I was the Dad who held the tackling dummy, some years I was the HC, some years STs, a position coach, and most recently, I reduced my role to scouting. The whole time, Bill was the HC of the NEPs. He always said, players play, and that is accurate. I could appreciate how great they were, but I was never going to be able to do what Tom Brady could do. I could, however, coach. Bill is clearly not the greatest athlete, and neither was I. I could relate to him more than anyone associated with the team. I would often put myself in his shoes in whatever situation was at hand. During the Atlanta SB, when they cut the lead to 16, I slid off my chair and sat on the floor, with a look of deep focus on my face. My wife looked at me and asked what was I doing. "Coaching" I replied. I could correlate what Bill was doing to my own meager experiences. It's because of this that I could identify with him better than anyone in the rest of the organization. It made me very sad to see his failures here in the last few years. It was a stark reminder that all things end.

This will be my first year coaching that he has not been there. Cheers to you, Coach. No one has done it better. Very likely, no one ever will.

Patrick Stewart Cheers GIF by Blunt Talk

I dunno if I told all you guys or just a couple guys in DMs, but I will roll with it again. I have coached football in NH for 20 years. Some years I was the Dad who held the tackling dummy, some years I was the HC, some years STs, a position coach, and most recently, I reduced my role to scouting. The whole time, Bill was the HC of the NEPs. He always said, players play, and that is accurate. I could appreciate how great they were, but I was never going to be able to do what Tom Brady could do. I could, however, coach. Bill is clearly not the greatest athlete, and neither was I. I could relate to him more than anyone associated with the team. I would often put myself in his shoes in whatever situation was at hand. During the Atlanta SB, when they cut the lead to 16, I slid off my chair and sat on the floor, with a look of deep focus on my face. My wife looked at me and asked what was I doing. "Coaching" I replied. I could correlate what Bill was doing to my own meager experiences. It's because of this that I could identify with him better than anyone in the rest of the organization. It made me very sad to see his failures here in the last few years. It was a stark reminder that all things end.

This will be my first year coaching that he has not been there. Cheers to you, Coach. No one has done it better. Very likely, no one ever will.
Moving tribute.

clint eastwood legend GIF

Thank you for the greatest ride, coach.

Thank you for the front row seat into the depths and the beauty of the game.

Hope to see you coach again.

Classy move by BB. A side of him anyone rarely sees, at least from our point of view.

Thank you BB for the good times!!!
…..as well as the near misses that were still good, just with a bitter aftertaste.

The only coach w 8? rings (counting asst times) and I think 12 SB appearances. (also I think he is still only coach w a D game plan enshrined in canton. ).

no one’s perfect; and we’ve heard enough about his faults the last 6 months.
This letter exemplifies what almost everyone says about him one-on-one: that he isn’t the curmudgeon Darth Vader villain that TV, radio, or blogs want for ratings. Bit that he is that guy who goes out of his way to donate time-money-his rep. …whether it be to inner city kids or those kids he walked by in the tunnel. (I can’t remember all the stories buried on page 20 of his behind the scenes good deeds; but those two stick out in my memory for consistency & recency reasons ).

BL: Thanks coach for the memories .

Unforgettable 20+ year ride that will never be replicated and he was a big part in making it happen.

Always grateful.

Season tickets sitting on metal benches going 1-15. Thank you for saving us Bill. I’m forever grateful.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back