PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Vince asking fans to donate to his foundation in the fight against diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry you have MS but I'm not sure that gives you license to be an *******.

I'm diabetic and it's not a cakewalk either. It's a constant freaking battle and the possibility of loss of limb isn't particularly comforting either. I wouldn't trade it for MS currently, but that shouldn't be the measuring stick for funding.

If you go down your logical path, then everyone should give up their funding for cancer research and call it a day, while the people that are left die from Crohn's, Diabetes, and other diseases.

I hope, just for irony's sake, that someone finds a cure for MS tomorrow-- and that person is diabetic. Then you'll owe your freedom from illness to someone who was helped by big Vince. Maybe that bigger picture would give you some additional perspective which will hopefully help you live a happier life regardless of your situation.

-Rob-

Last edited:
I mean no offense, at all, to those who have their own issues and struggles to deal with--you have my respect for taking care of your troubles and turning obstacles into opportunities.

That said, my dad has struggled with diabetes since his late teens. He manages it as well as he can, but it worries me deeply. I can't tell you how many times my mother has woken me up and asked me to help her with my father. Sometimes he goes so low in the middle of the night that he's no longer aware of who he is or what's going on, and he resists eating anything to stabilize his blood sugar levels or letting us use the glucagon shot. I've had to physically restrain him--my own father! In the morning he has absolutely no memory of what's happened, and is incredibly embarrassed when we tell him what went on. He's one of the sweetest, gentlest men I've ever known in my life, but when he goes low he no longer has any control.

In addition, his thyroid is falling apart. He's been on medicine for a couple years, but it's starting to cause major health issues in other areas. His immune system is so weak that if any of us gets a minor cold, he often misses a week of work. And it's getting progressively worse, despite the diet and exercise, the pump and sensor, the regular doctor visits . . . you get the idea. I worry I may lose my dad early, and it's on my mind a lot lately. :( Oh, and for the record, I'm white; race doesn't have anything to do with it.

I applaud Vince, and hope that the money he raises goes a long way to helping alleviate the suffering of millions.

It has been awhile since I have seen such ignorance posted here, not to mention the obvious bigotry.

no offense to diabetics.... but there are far more diseases that need funding more than "Diabeetus" (Wilford B. quote)

Why not Cancer, auto-immune diseases like MS, Huntington's etc.... they are far more destructive than having to administer shots to regulate insulin levels.:rolleyes:

Good for Vince and his foundation, but there are far worse diseases than Diabetes that need funding.

Do I need to bring race in to this rant????

I will.

Black's are diagnosed at a much higher rate w/ diabetes than whites.

Imagine that.... I do see the picture and it has more black contrast than white.

no offense to diabetics.... but there are far more diseases that need funding more than "Diabeetus" (Wilford B. quote)

Why not Cancer, auto-immune diseases like MS, Huntington's etc.... they are far more destructive than having to administer shots to regulate insulin levels.:rolleyes:

Good for Vince and his foundation, but there are far worse diseases than Diabetes that need funding.

I will.

Imagine that.... I do see the picture and it has more black contrast than white.

That was really classic.

Buddy, you should leave this forum. This post is a disgrace not only to Pats fans everywhere, not only to anyone who has ever suffered from diabetes or any other disease, but to the internet in general. That's right, you have shamed the internet. I don't think you're evil, but clearly you are lacking something if you think this is remotely OK to post. If I was mean I would write that you are an effing idiot, but that wouldn't be nice so I won't. Just go, for all our sakes.

Wow. I knew you were 'off', hark, but... wow. You're really setting the bar now.

BTW, having MS doesn't make it at all okay. A lot of people deal with pretty significant stuff, it doesn't make you unique. That includes me, though I'm not going to discuss my own health because that's not why I post here. Bottom line: part of becoming a functioning adult is getting the hell over it and realizing that none of that justifies being a giant douche. Vince is trying to help people, and he should be commended for using his status for something worthwhile. How you feel about the condition is irrelevant.

Last edited:
I mean no offense, at all, to those who have their own issues and struggles to deal with--you have my respect for taking care of your troubles and turning obstacles into opportunities.

That said, my dad has struggled with diabetes since his late teens. He manages it as well as he can, but it worries me deeply. I can't tell you how many times my mother has woken me up and asked me to help her with my father. Sometimes he goes so low in the middle of the night that he's no longer aware of who he is or what's going on, and he resists eating anything to stabilize his blood sugar levels or letting us use the glucagon shot. I've had to physically restrain him--my own father! In the morning he has absolutely no memory of what's happened, and is incredibly embarrassed when we tell him what went on. He's one of the sweetest, gentlest men I've ever known in my life, but when he goes low he no longer has any control.

In addition, his thyroid is falling apart. He's been on medicine for a couple years, but it's starting to cause major health issues in other areas. His immune system is so weak that if any of us gets a minor cold, he often misses a week of work. And it's getting progressively worse, despite the diet and exercise, the pump and sensor, the regular doctor visits . . . you get the idea. I worry I may lose my dad early, and it's on my mind a lot lately. :( Oh, and for the record, I'm white; race doesn't have anything to do with it.

I applaud Vince, and hope that the money he raises goes a long way to helping alleviate the suffering of millions.

I'm sorry for your trouble. My sister has diabetes and it really shortened my grandmother's life. But what your father is going through sounds so much tougher. Good luck with it.

I will.

Have we gotten so competitive as a species that we have to try to "win" the worst terrible affliction contest?

If you want to argue that MS research is underfunded, I have no feud with that, I agree 100%. But the solution is NOT to divert funds away from other disease research because it's "not as bad".

You must read the entire thread.....

That 1st remark was bad of me.... I apologized. I was having a bad day.

I am not a bad guy...... MS screwed my likely D1 potential. I don't even play a NCAA sport b/c of it.

Having a father Great at FB, Hockey, Track and fast / quick 4.43 40 back in the 70's
I just get pissed at the what ifs.

Drafted by an NFL team..... NHL could have played pro.

but it is not about that or my father..... just read all the posts.
I have been relapse free for 5 plus years.
I am doing so well..... no one knows I have it. When i do say I have MS... they can't believe it.
It is a prick of a disease....

once again I apologize. My misconception was diabetes is controllable through diet.... but it seems diet alone is not enough.

I am not a bad guy...... MS screwed my likely D1 potential. I don't even play a NCAA sport b/c of it.

Having a father Great at FB, Hockey, Track and fast / quick 4.43 40 back in the 70's

I am doing so well..... no one knows I have it. When i do say I have MS... they can't believe it.

once again I apologize. My misconception was diabetes is controllable through diet.... but it seems diet alone is not enough.

I did read the entire thread. I stand by my statements.

But my sympathies to you and your family for your struggles. Glad you were able to recover at least partially.

that is one hell of an apology :rofl:

I bet you have no idea about..... being the Best at everything. Then watching nobody athletes etc.... get better than you overnight. It inflicted me so young in life.

I go to a D-III college.... it's funny actually. They think they can be a threat to a middle tiered D-1 school..... Mostly the Canadian Hockey players.

ignorance is bliss I suppose. :D

That was posted the same day as my rant. I just apologized in my last post why you being a weasel???..... kindly put

time to eat lunch.... bbl

Last edited:

Good that your disease is in a bit of remission per say Hawk, but ask those that you see who have both legs missing below the knees of how bad Diabetes can get - Diabetes can lose you limbs just like any major car or accident at work ect:

Diabetes is as horrid of a disease as any disease that you can name and like MS,there is no cure and hopefully with guys like Vince fighting in getting money to work on testing and different medical tasks,someday there will be a cure.

Glad you were able to recover at least partially.

partially is an understatement.... 3-4 times in my life I could not even walk.

2 yr's ago i could squat 550 on Smith 2-5 times.

I took time off..... 8 months (stupidly). Long story..... I ve been back at it since Dec break into January and still going.

TY for your kind comments.

Last edited:
I bet you have no idea about..... being the Best at everything. Then watching nobody athletes etc.... get better than you overnight. It inflicted me so young in life.

i bet you have no idea about gauging the care level of the average internet poster in your crappy-says-you life

get over yourself

or dont

(i dont care)

i bet you have no idea about gauging the care level of the average internet poster in your crappy-says-you life

get over yourself

or dont

(i dont care)

I am over it.... I was on vacation all last week posted once or twice. I come here and procrastinateto avoid/ bs work that I do not want to do.

don't get this thread off topic... It is Vince's. I questioned the purpose..... but was wrong and learned something.

were you one of those D-III nobody's by any chance?

Phenotypes are very misleading..... I know I am genetically superior than most people. MS was a fluke. The 1st in my family to get it. Suck's, but it is what it is.

I am done w/ this thread......

good day

Last edited:
My uncle (who was not overweight in the least bit) suffered until his last breath from the disease. His legs had to be amputated because circulation had ceased. I remember that before he had his first leg amputated he had an open sore on his foot and you could almost see right through it to the bone because there was no blood flow. For the last two years of his life he was wheelchair bound having to try to help take care of his 8 year old daughter with two amputated legs because of complications from Diabetes. In the end, he died of absolute kidney failure because of these same complications.

Anything that Big Vince can do to help people suffering from Diabetes is a good thing. Hark, there are foundations to help with MS. I suppose you check those out and shut your mouth before you make yourself look like even more of a 'tard than you already have.

I know I am genetically superior than most people. MS was a fluke.

ok i just have to let you know that you literally made my day with this one

i mean for real i was having a pretty ho-hum day until now but this one will keep me going at least until quitting time :rofl:

I am over itI know I am genetically superior than most people.

Apparently your modesty gene is entirely undeveloped though.

I know I am genetically superior than most

Moobtop+Computer.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case