PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Ben vs Peyton Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haterproof

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Who would you guys rather have quarterback your team in the playoffs?I''ll take Big Ben hands down.Could you imagine Big Ben winning a ring only in his 2nd season as a starter.How long has Peyton been in the league[8/9 years]?He's going to be sick to his stomach watching Big Ben win that ring.I guess Colts fans are going to envy the Steelers now.I can't wait until next season to see what tricks Bill and Scott has up their sleeves.

I think I would take that guy from NE...what is his name?? OH yeah, Cassel...right?

Proves that Defense Wins Championships

The old Addage still applies

Offense wins Games

Defense wins championships

Indy's defense believe it or not improved tremendously but is still not at championship level.

Baltimore won with Trent Dilfer

So who do you want on your team for playoffs?

1) Trent Dilfer
2) Payton Manning
3) the 2000 Baltimore Defense

LA Pats Fan said:
The old Addage still applies

Offense wins Games

Defense wins championships

Indy's defense believe it or not improved tremendously but is still not at championship level.

Baltimore won with Trent Dilfer

So who do you want on your team for playoffs?

1) Trent Dilfer
2) Payton Manning
3) the 2000 Baltimore Defense

eww the 2000 baltimore defense? i might as well go to a prison and pick the biggest meanest guys there.
id pick the pats defense last year - the bears 85 defense would be to small, and pats last year amazed me.

I think Big Ben has really improved his game by leaps and bounds over last season. And he was pretty damned good last year, and so were the Steelers. I think he just ran into a buzz-saw last year named the Patriots. He still performed pretty well in that game. But he was confused by the Pats defense. I don't think this seasons Bronco's defense or Colt's defense confused him as much as the Pats did in last years playoffs. Also, he might have hit a wall in his rookie season. This year, he seems so much more confident, and I really think they will come home with the Lombardi. He has a brilliant future in front of him, and he's only 23.

What to say about Peyton Manning ? I think his brand of leadership (or lack of it) is reflected by the whole team. Peyton get's a lot of the blame (and rightly so), but the rest of the team seems to choke every year also. I really think this was their last shot, and maybe Peyton's, Peyton will be 30, Harrison 32, Edgerrin may be gone. Don't get me wrong, they very well may be a good team again next year, maybe a 12-4 or 13-3 team, but Peyton has never won a big game, college or pro. And his teams seem to follow the leader.

At this point I would definately take Big Ben.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would easily take Big Ben over Manning.

Big Ben has learned something in 2 seasons that Peyton never will.

Football is a team game!

I certainly believe Ben's teamates work harder for him then Manning's ever will.

Take Brady over both of them, and I would also take Hassleback over Big Ben... Peyton is a guy who likes to play football in a tuxedo, he does not like getting hit.. Rothesburgher is a gamer, but still not a fan.

Big Ben is a game manager. I am not sold on this kid yet. He has a great OL and great running game not to mention the most physical receiver in football in Hines Ward.

On Average Ben was asked to throw the ball only 21 times a game in 05. Yeah, he threw it really well in the last two games BUT did you see that freak'in protection? Did you see those WIDE open recievers??? OH MY GOD!

The only play that I was truly impressed with was his rollout of the pocket and on the run throw in the endzone for the TD. Now that was impressive, but overall the Broncos were terrible not so much of Ben being that good.

Haterproof said:
Who would you guys rather have quarterback your team in the playoffs?I''ll take Big Ben hands down. Could you imagine Big Ben winning a ring only in his 2nd season as a starter. How long has Peyton been in the league[8/9 years]?He's going to be sick to his stomach watching Big Ben win that ring.I guess Colts fans are going to envy the Steelers now.I can't wait until next season to see what tricks Bill and Scott has up their sleeves.

Meh. After all, how impressive is some other team's QB winning an SB in his second season when your team's QB did it in his first season? :D

ctpatsfan77 said:
Meh. After all, how impressive is some other team's QB winning an SB in his second season when your team's QB did it in his first season? :D

Actually, Brady did it in his second season too.

oldrover said:
Actually, Brady did it in his second season too.
He did it in his first season as STARTER. big difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye