PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bible/Yaweh attrocitie thread

grogan2767

Banned
Reaction score
BibleGod is hateful and angry. We are lucky he is a myth.
Here is a nice snippet from the "Good" book -former CHristian evengelical 17 years

NU 25:4 (KJV) "And the Lord said unto Moses, take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the Lord against the sun ...."

1SA 15:3, 7-8 "This is what the Lord says: Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and donkey ....' And Saul ... utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword."

-Nice God you have there Christians.

-former Born Again of 17 years

HO 13:16 "They shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

JG 21:10-12 "... Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabesh-gilead with the edge of the sword and; also the women and little ones.... every male and every woman that has lain with a male you shall utterly destroy." They do so and find four hundred young virgins whom they bring back for their own use.

DT 20:16 "In the cities of the nations the Lord is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes."

Who are you to judge the morality of God? God invented morality with his ten commandments. Without his gift you would have no context in which to judge him. But I have reviewed your past threads and I see you have a fixation with Jews. I don't believe you are really critiquing God in this thread. I believe that is a mask you are wearing. Your ulterior motives are clear, like a primal ooze leaking from your pores. Your hatred is nothing new, nor original. You are a sick child wandering in the desert. God bless.

Typical stupid stupid Christian answer. It IS wrong to KILL babies, you dumb fool. Of course you must judge the morality of some idiot's imaginary friend who ssays its OK to Kill babies and entire civilizations. You dumb fool.

PonyExpress said:
Who are you to judge the morality of God? God invented morality with his ten commandments. Without his gift you would have no context in which to judge him. But I have reviewed your past threads and I see you have a fixation with Jews. I don't believe you are really critiquing God in this thread. I believe that is a mask you are wearing. Your ulterior motives are clear, like a primal ooze leaking from your pores. Your hatred is nothing new, nor original. You are a sick child wandering in the desert. God bless.

I have no fixation with Jews you idiot and that is absolutely false. The Bible and it's horrible teachings are the evil in the world.

PonyExpress said:

Last edited:
I actually care deeply about Jews, unnlike your Ghastly God, who allowed such a horrible ghaslty thing as the Holocaust to occur.

What is so great about the 10 commandments anyway? The last 6 are basic moral beliefs and the first 4 are basically bow down to me, the arrogant war God commandments.

You hick.

PonyExpress said:

>>I don't believe you are really critiquing God in this thread.

You are RIGHT about one thing. I am not critiquing god. The god of the Bible is a lie and does not exist. That is the whole point, hick.

grogan2767 said:
I actually care deeply about Jews, unnlike your Ghastly God, who allowed such a horrible ghaslty thing as the Holocaust to occur.

What is so great about the 10 commandments anyway? The last 6 are basic moral beliefs and the first 4 are basically bow down to me, the arrogant war God commandments.

You hick.

If the Christian God is a myth and imaginary, how is it possible that the our imaginary God allowed the Holcaust to happen?

Figure of speech. He did not allow it, or any of the other countless horrible things and diseases, etc that occur. He does NOT exist and you know it!!! That is the most insane part. You KNOW it!!!

3 to be 4 said:
If the Christian God is a myth and imaginary, how is it possible that the our imaginary God allowed the Holcaust to happen?

Why don't you try to defend some of his horrors!!! You can't, they are indefensible. I am certain I know the Bible better than you by the way. The best CURE for Christianity IS the Bible!

3 to be 4 said:

NEM, is this you??

grogan2767 said:
I thought NEM WAS a Christian?

you mean the guy who called Christianity a "scum religion"?

Im not under the impression he is, no.

Please keep posting. You sound so reasonable and your way of life has brought you much peace, I see. Im not surprised only one person has reacted negatively to you, after all, the only time people are offended is if someone posts anything pro-************.

Of course by saying there is no God in the hysterical, angry way, you are, it covers a lot more than just me and Evangelical Christians. So I dont take any of this personally.

Go on, id like to hear more from you.

This thread is pretty ugly.

Dude,

Come on out of the Matrix. Come on out. You will deconvert if you use your mind. And your Christian foolishness can't work on me.

Seriously, how can you defend your God killing babies over and over and over and over and over? It's digusting.

Do you belive in the Garden of Eden and Adam and Eve literally? Seriously? You think Noah's Ark actually happened? For real?

Come on out of the Matrix. How many of your family are going to Hell?

http://www.ex-christian.net/

3 to be 4 said:
you mean the guy who called Christianity a "scum religion"?

Im not under the impression he is, no.

Please keep posting. You sound so reasonable and your way of life has brought you much peace, I see. Im not surprised only one person has reacted negatively to you, after all, the only time people are offended is if someone posts anything pro-************.

Of course by saying there is no God in the hysterical, angry way, you are, it covers a lot more than just me and Evangelical Christians. So I dont take any of this personally.

Go on, id like to hear more from you.

My view of this thread is that it honestly attacks the bible -- primarily the Hebrew bible -- on the basis of what a modern liberal must call its "darker" side. Like 3toB's perversions, I will not engage in public debate regarding a book I honor, "warts and all," as having significance in my life.

He seems to be anti-bible, as opposed to anti-semitic. In fact, he's not "called out" Jews at all, although he's drawn his fodder from the Hebrew bible rather than the Greek. I don't appreciate the attack tone either, but I cannot say I have not asked these questions as well.

In fact, these questions for a time pushed me away from my faith; they are the much more potent challenge to the modern Jew than is Christianity. For my part, however, I do not find the stories of the conquest of the land to disqualify the entirety of Judaism; the growth of the religion since that time, with the richness of its interpretive tradition, has made the most of the fruits of that very ancient time. But to any honest mind in the present age, these questions are absolutely valid.

I'm not concerned with anyone else's soul, except that I not "damage" any more than necessary in my own life. I don't think we need "saving" from anything. And I do say, in my own world, it seems better that a man not believe, than that he believe blindly.

In my own world of course, Grogan, you are wrong :) -- and I personally refuse to argue the Hebrew bible with you, for the reasons I prefer not to argue it publically against Christians. It does seem you've discounted its entirety based on its bloodier passages, and I have reason to find a redeeming richness even within those passages, in other passages, in the whole of the canon, and in the evolution of the religion since that time. It is what it is.

Not to wrestle with these questions, for a believer, is cowardice or dishonesty. To wrestle with these and other questions is so deeply engrained for the Jew, that the Jewish people are also called Y'Israel, "Wrestles with God." I'll not make that struggle a public process; but even for the man who loses the struggle, I have to give him credit for questioning.

Triumphalism is the bluster meant to convince the rest of us, that a man asks no such questions. Or perhaps it is to convince the triumphalist himself.

PFnV

I actually like your repsonse alot.

Curious, are you Jewish or Christian?

Just so you now the problems in OT, (Jewish BIble) go way beyond the conquest, they are throughout. The only saving grace about the OT is it really doesn't teach that there is a Hell at all. That makes the NT and trying to take Christianity seriously a joke.

The Bible is easily rejeced as a literal account of historical events. A view that it seems you would share?

I actually think Christians have a harder problem. That problem is Hell! It is the most absurd, awful, insane doctrine ever conceived. It is a pagan myth in the first place. The only reason it ever came to be, was because people thought that horrible, awful people, who committed horrible things, MUST get punished some way. (They seemed to so often get away with attrocity in this life.) However, CHristians have the problem, that there religion perverts it to mean that ALL people (every last one of us) DESERVES to be tortured forever simply for being born. That we are totally depraved and disgusting creatures worthy of such horror. And somehow the God who thinks this way about us, loves us? The NT is worse than the Old!!!

-former CHirstian

http://www.ex-christian.net/

PatsFanInVa said:
My view of this thread is that it honestly attacks the bible -- primarily the Hebrew bible -- on the basis of what a modern liberal must call its "darker" side. Like 3toB's perversions, I will not engage in public debate regarding a book I honor, "warts and all," as having significance in my life.

He seems to be anti-bible, as opposed to anti-semitic. In fact, he's not "called out" Jews at all, although he's drawn his fodder from the Hebrew bible rather than the Greek. I don't appreciate the attack tone either, but I cannot say I have not asked these questions as well.

In fact, these questions for a time pushed me away from my faith; they are the much more potent challenge to the modern Jew than is Christianity. For my part, however, I do not find the stories of the conquest of the land to disqualify the entirety of Judaism; the growth of the religion since that time, with the richness of its interpretive tradition, has made the most of the fruits of that very ancient time. But to any honest mind in the present age, these questions are absolutely valid.

I'm not concerned with anyone else's soul, except that I not "damage" any more than necessary in my own life. I don't think we need "saving" from anything. And I do say, in my own world, it seems better that a man not believe, than that he believe blindly.

In my own world of course, Grogan, you are wrong :) -- and I personally refuse to argue the Hebrew bible with you, for the reasons I prefer not to argue it publically against Christians. It does seem you've discounted its entirety based on its bloodier passages, and I have reason to find a redeeming richness even within those passages, in other passages, in the whole of the canon, and in the evolution of the religion since that time. It is what it is.

Not to wrestle with these questions, for a believer, is cowardice or dishonesty. To wrestle with these and other questions is so deeply engrained for the Jew, that the Jewish people are also called Y'Israel, "Wrestles with God." I'll not make that struggle a public process; but even for the man who loses the struggle, I have to give him credit for questioning.

Triumphalism is the bluster meant to convince the rest of us, that a man asks no such questions. Or perhaps it is to convince the triumphalist himself.

PFnV

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back