PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2024 WR/PTP Thread

Brian Thomas, Troy Franklin, Javon Baker, Xavier Worthy to name a few. Someone good will fall/be available at 34
I am not sure Brian Thomas will be available at 34, but Baker, Franklin or Adonai Mitchell would be a great addition.

My jam - lots of fun speed stats for the prospects (not just WRs). I like to take with a grain of salt, though.

@Jim Beankie I really like and appreciate your focus on speed stats on this forum. It adds a lot for those of us who are draftniks but do not put the time in to go into the data.

Does the speed and smoothness of Rome Odunze remind any other old-timers of the great Stanley Morgan?

Does the speed and smoothness of Rome Odunze remind any other old-timers of the great Stanley Morgan?
Not really. Stanley Morgan reminds me of a Antonio Brown without the nuts part. He would of absolutely excelled in this game with the rule changes. Fearless.

Odunze is more like Fitzgerald, doesn’t look fast but he is. His route running I find amazing. Watch how he turns his body on the timing of the route and blocks out defenders. It’s unteachable the way he does it because its a gift. It will be his bread and butter his whole career. Can track the ball like nobodies business too.

Not sure if they shouldn’t include this guy in the generational talent.

I'm a bit worried that we seem to be setting ourselves up to draft a big X receiver in the draft as I'm not in love with the options at 34. I hope we don't end up with Coleman, Walker or Legette. I like more of the Z guys - McConkey, Macmillan, Burton, Wilson, Pearsall outside of the 1st round.

Brian Thomas, Troy Franklin, Javon Baker, Xavier Worthy to name a few. Someone good will fall/be available at 34
Brian Thomas will go top 20-25 and I also believe Worthy goes RD1 after this 40. He's got early production as well. Day 2 guy for me but I believe he's one of the "surprise" picks in RD1.

Brian Thomas will go top 20-25 and I also believe Worthy goes RD1 after this 40. He's got early production as well. Day 2 guy for me but I believe he's one of the "surprise" picks in RD1.
I'll retweet that. Someone is going to fall in love with 4.21.

I'll retweet that. Someone is going to fall in love with 4.21.
100% it always happens, every draft. A Team like KC, Baltimore or someone sitting in the middle/late 1st will grab him.

Is Xavier Leggett more Treylon Burks or more AJ Brown?

I like what I see but still not 100% convinced...

Is Xavier Leggett more Treylon Burks or more AJ Brown?

I like what I see but still not 100% convinced...
AJ Brown ran NFL routes before he got to the NFL and his separation was evident which any scout with half a brain could see. Except ours and a couple of others

I liked Burks a lot more than I liked Leggette coming out, but I seem to be wrong on him. Injuries and maybe the offense? Or maybe he was just over drafted?

We certainly could use a big threat with speed, could be a steal. But why the break out in the 5th year? What happened before that? Did coaches not see his potential? Doghouse? Injuries?

I'm fairly dense most of the time, and it just legitimately hit me that the Pats' new WR coach, Tyler Hughes, was in charge of QC on Offense for UW. It's almost like a year long scouting trip. Curious to see which, if any, UW player makes it on the Pats.

Won't be for another few years, but Nyck Harbor at South Carolina recently ran a 6.61 60m, which at 6'5" and 242lbs is astonishing. For context, Tyreek's fastest ever was 6.64. I wonder if Harbor's presence opened things up for Legette.

I'm fairly dense most of the time, and it just legitimately hit me that the Pats' new WR coach, Tyler Hughes, was in charge of QC on Offense for UW. It's almost like a year long scouting trip. Curious to see which, if any, UW player makes it on the Pats.
The Huskies just so happen to have 3 highly ranked WR prospects.

Odunze obviously going to be a top 10 pick by most experts.

Then there's Ja'Lynn Polk
and Jalen McMillan both projected to be selected on day 2.

Hopefully not Polk. I like McMillan, but Polk is underwhelming.

I’d be happy with Mitchell, Franklin, McConkey or Baker at 34. Such a deep draft this year unlike free agency.
Franklin is really interesting. Would love to hear more on him. He fell down a lot catching passes at the combine which tells me his balance isn't that great, and he may not be able to make crisp moves in his routes. His speed is pretty good at 4.41 and he seems to have good burst, he highpoints the ball. His body is weird at 6'3" 180, but he's broad shouldered and built up top

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back