PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Better Game.. Pats vs Raiders, Pats vs Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
As amazing as the Snowbowl was, gotta go with the first superbowl win, never imagined we would do it then, prior to that we were close a couple of times only to loose the big one. This game defined me being a pats fan, and justified all of those years of waiting and hoping.

my top 3:

1- Pats-Rams Super Bowl
2- Pats-Panthers Super Bowl
3- Pats-Raiders (last game @ Foxboro Stadium in the snow-what a game...)

all 3 anyway were awesome, beautiful, amazing games

The 4th quarter and OT of the snow game were the best but the best game was definately the Rams game. I do think the snow game was better than the Carolina game when you consider that we hadn't won anything and from the 4the 4th quarter we were clearly the underdog. All were great.

I have to give it to the Super Bowl. So many little things and such a great storyline throughout the game.

Coming out the tunnel as a team, something that was never done before that, now something that is done every year it seems by both teams.

The predictions by the media. Nobody gave us a chance, 14 point dogs up to the game, Proehl's prediction of the "Dynasty is born tonight," Justin Watson during the Rams game tying drive in all the videos saying how he "Likes our chances" as his Rams are driving on us.

How the game unfolded itself was a better story than the Raiders. Holding the Rams to FGs until we took advantage of the Rams mistakes with Law's pick 6 and the fumble that led to the Patten TD to end the first half. The ecstasy of T-Buck's 99 yard fumble return called back, only for 2 plays later Warner to sneak it in, a 14 point swing. Then the agony of seeing the Rams tie it up, thinking "We can't lose it."

That whole last drive, Brady cool and calm, driving us down, Troy and Redmond making plays, all while Madden told us to knee it out, and most fans with their hearts in their throats, hoping for there to not be a pick or a strip sack. When Tom spiked the ball, calmly catching it as Mr. Automatic banged home the game winner.

Well the 2004 divisional game we dominated the Colts pretty badly, or is that why you think its #2?

that is exactly why....

if you recall, the Colts were actually favored to win that game.

Manning had 49 TD passes during the year.

Harrison/Wayne/Stokley all had 1,000 yards and 10 TDs during the year

The Pats were without Seymour and Ty Law.

The Pats had Troy Brown in the secondary.

I think the Patriots domination in that game was just simply remarkable.

It was playoff football at its best. Smashmouth football (T. Bruschi literally taking the ball away from the D.Rhodes). The Pats running off four LONG, clock killin drives. Dillon running for over 140 yards.

The game was just an image of perfect execution.

They are like my children I love them all. It really is amazing the entertainment the Pats have provide over the past few years. Not that it matters, but do you think the Pats dynasty would have happened without the tuck ruling?

SB XXXVI will always have a place in my heart. Always.

I think I should have downed transmission oil with a bucket of melted butter. That would have been healthier than the fourth quarter of the Oakland game. I had multiple heart attacks and then smiled all the way to the Pittsburgh game. I had a heart attack when Brady went down and Bledsoe came in, but we won. :)

Good times. I hope to have some more good memories.

that is exactly why....

if you recall, the Colts were actually favored to win that game.

Manning had 49 TD passes during the year.

Harrison/Wayne/Stokley all had 1,000 yards and 10 TDs during the year

The Pats were without Seymour and Ty Law.

The Pats had Troy Brown in the secondary.

I think the Patriots domination in that game was just simply remarkable.

It was playoff football at its best. Smashmouth football (T. Bruschi literally taking the ball away from the D.Rhodes). The Pats running off four LONG, clock killin drives. Dillon running for over 140 yards.

The game was just an image of perfect execution.

"Brady has to have been doing a slow burn all this week...all the talk was about the Colts and Peyton Manning and their offense."

"Well...Brady's done his talking on the field."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference