PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bet against the Pats at 16.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
First off, omigod. 16.5?!?!?! That means if the game were in Foxboro, the line would be 22.5. 22.5!!!!!

Second, Pats always struggle in Miami. Always.

Third, no Watson, no Morris, and maybe no Maroney.

Fourth... did I mention 16.5 points?!?!?!

How can one NOT select the Fins to cover? Your thoughts?

First off, omigod. 16.5?!?!?! That means if the game were in Foxboro, the line would be 22.5. 22.5!!!!!

They've covered every game this year. I bet they cover, all they have to deal with is Ronnie Brown, who won't be able to keep running when Brady scores at will.

NEVER bet against the Pats this season. You will regret it more often than not. If you can get it locked in at 16.5, you've gotta take the Pats to cover.
I believe that the early line only favored the Pats by 13.5 or so. That would have been a nobrainer to cover imo. The Chambers news is what is ballooning the number up to 16.5.

Last edited:
You can't select the Fins to cover because they have zero chance of winning. zero.

We already beat a 16.5 spread this season and it was against a better team than this putrid Miami squad. The only reason to shy away is the Pats/Brady's history against, and in, Miami. Not that we'd lose, just that we don't cover. Ho hum. 7-0. DEFINITELY.

Once the spreads hit 10+ I would have given the points every week and lost every week. Betting against the Patriots this year is a fool's game - although home underdogs are generally a good way to go.

seriously

they just gave up 41 to the same Browns team that we sloppily blew out.

16.5 is possible with Cassell under center

The dolphins just traded Chambers and you don't think the Patriots will cover? The vegas people HATE the Patriots right now. How can you favor a team by 21 points, and how can you not? The result, 16.5 pt favorites.

Forget the past. This Miami team would do well to hold this game to 20 point deficit. I think the Patriots should start running the clock on their opening drive and just get this one over as soon as possible.

Okay......we score our avegage (38) then the dolphins need 22 to cover.
is that likely......no
take the pats

I got an early line that had the Pats at -7. Now I'm wishing I put more than my usual $5 bet on them.

don't be a fool, take the Fins to cover

-14 was a good bet but that's gone.

Get the Pats -10 at the first half. With the high spread even a dominant performance could not cover with a late garbage-time score.

Look for a dozen clock-killing carries from Eckel in the 2nd half alone. Maybe even a full quarter for Cassel.

I wouldn't touch it, not with all the fluky things that happen down in Miami

In the FWIW category....

In 2000, Baltimore was favored by 16 1/2 at Arizona - Baltimore won the game but did not cover.

In the late 80s San Francisco was a 23 1/2 point favorite at Atlanta - SF won the game but did not cover.

Probably the same scenerio this year too - Patriots win but more like 14 points than 17 like the line suggests

Last edited:
Pats can score quick and at will. Miami is a slow and prodding offense. I think the Pats cover.

Fins crushed us last year... spanked us in 2004 (Pats' best year up to now)... and hammered us in 2001, after which Belichick ceremoniously buried the game ball.

How can the Fins NOT cover? SIXTEEN AND A HALF!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, this is the Patriots forum.

You want the degenerate gamblers forum.:bricks:

The Pats have covered every spread this year and have won by at least 17 every game. To bet against the Pats would be moronic. Either bet Pats or don't bet. I don't care about the history down in Miami. The Dolphins have never had to deal with THIS offense.

with cameron as coach , maybe bb talks up the charger angle and they put a whupping on the dolphins.

I know Miami stinks this yr, but when was the very last time we just outright dominated the Dolphins in miami..We may do it this yr,but I need to see it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore