PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best DL BB ever coached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, word is that the human head transplant is only two years away so all is not lost for iapatsfan.

That's still two more years of a sh**ty team with a coach that should have retired and a QB that was washed up eight years ago.

Ted Washington was objectively the best defensive lineman Belichick ever coached, though only for one year and only towards the end of an illustrious career. If I had to rank them, based on their careers rather than just the time they played for Belichick:

1) Ted Washington
2) Vince Wilfork
3) Richard Seymour
4) Michael Dean Perry
5) Shaun Ellis
6) Willie McGinest
7) Ty Warren
8) Rob Ninkovich
9) Andre Carter
10) Rob Burnett

Of course, noting that some of these players played most of their careers with other teams (Washington, Ellis, Carter).

Ted Washington was objectively the best defensive lineman Belichick ever coached, though only for one year and only towards the end of an illustrious career. If I had to rank them, based on their careers rather than just the time they played for Belichick:

1) Ted Washington
2) Vince Wilfork
3) Richard Seymour
4) Michael Dean Perry
5) Shaun Ellis
6) Willie McGinest
7) Ty Warren
8) Rob Ninkovich
9) Andre Carter
10) Rob Burnett

Of course, noting that some of these players played most of their careers with other teams (Washington, Ellis, Carter).

Agreed, but i don't think he meant the best legacy I acquired and coached for half a season. I think he meant one who took to coaching and allowed him to successfully address line play year after year despite glaring weaknesses in other parts of the front seven.

Agreed, but i don't think he meant the best legacy I acquired and coached for half a season. I think he meant one who took to coaching and allowed him to successfully address line play year after year despite glaring weaknesses in other parts of the front seven.

Yeah, I don't disagree.

Good research, though. I was confused until i realized the Browns years. I suppose the Giants count too.

I was just going off head coaching stints, but if you include the Giants then Leonard Marshall would be above Ninkovich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News