PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bennett with Deion Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like LGB probably more than most people here, BUT leverage is NOT something he is going to have much of going into next year, because no matter what stats he ends up having here he is STILL going to be a 30 year old 9 year vet RB in a league where RB's are seemingly a dime a dozen. How much more can expect to get to go somewhere else. If he gets to 900 yds, give him a 20% raise and keep him on a incentive contract like the one you showed.

Blount is the 42nd highest paid RB in the league this year.

Blount is 7th in rushing yards through 5 games... 389 yds

Blount is tied for 3rd most rushing TDs.... 5 TDs

Blount is 2nd in rushes per game ... 21.2 rushes

Biggest negative.... 3.67 yds/att

Biggest positive .... Belichick's absolute trust in him

IMO.... Blount's age will limit the duration of any new contract which actually may make him more attractive for........... teams with cap space but less inclined to sign long term running back contracts.
2 years........$8 million range....total

Consider: Chris Ivory signed a $18 mill contract. Lamar Miller....$26 mill. CJ Anderson....$18 mill. Frank Gore.... $12 mill.
Teams spend money for Healthy / Experienced / Reliable RBs .... Blount ticks all these boxes

Running Back Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

Running Back RB Stats Cheat Sheet NFL Season 2016-2017 Statistics

Last edited:

Jay Cutler sucks so much he managed to make this guy appear to be a "malcontent."

The Bennett trade is already closing in Moss/Welker/Dillon. Star blocker, star receiver, and great person.

Bennett Talking with D Sanders, what caught my attention was how Bennett feels he is treated by the team of the field as well as on the field..

Bennett: The Patriots 'give me the freedom to be Martellus'

Looking forward to seeing him working hard for that Facetime next week!

Cincy in trouble, Gronk is famished/jealous for spike opportunities and Marty wants a Facetime... . . Pick your poison / frying pan or the fire. LOL.

looking forward to seeing this one (note, it will be on ESPN). yikes!

Patriots TE Martellus Bennett rips his old team

In a segment set to air Wednesday as part of ESPN’s “E:60” show that features Bennett and his brother Michael, the Patriots’ tight end ripped his old team, saying that one of the reasons Chicago struggled in the three years he was with the team was that the Bears had a “bunch of *****es” on the roster.

“That’s why we didn’t win games,” said Bennett. “And coaches liked the *****es.”

He also went after Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler.

“Some guys that you want to be the leader, that’s not the guy that’s a leader,” Bennett said of Cutler. “Everyone in the locker room knows that this is not the leader, but this is what you want the face of the team to look like.”

here's the preview (again, note, it's on ESPN):

The outspoken Bennett brothers sound off on the NFL - ESPN Video

B-b-but but but, I thought Ocho said that the Patriots don't let people be themselves?

IMO.... Blount's age will limit the duration of any new contract which actually may make him more attractive for........... teams with cap space but less inclined to sign long term running back contracts.

Consider: Chris Ivory signed a $18 mill contract. Lamar Miller....$26 mill. CJ Anderson....$18 mill. Frank Gore.... $12 mill.
Teams spend money for Healthy / Experienced / Reliable RBs .... Blount ticks all these boxes

He also quit on two other teams he was on. And got busted with weed along with Bell. He left to find happiness somewhere else and didn't find it.

That and I don't think anyone trusts that he'll behave. It's an awesome situation for us that he only behaves here seemingly.

Says here he has big hands. I bet it just slipped.

But Gronk....he has those friggan Hamburger Helper hands.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Martellus Bennett
martellus-bennett.jpg

Rob-Gronkowski-e1422059360198.jpg

yep

Last edited:
To me it looked like the failed spike was intentional, like he did it for laughs. He seems like the kind of guy that would do something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes